General Yuzuru Chat

Two weeks ago, Yuzuru fans from around the globe released a
. This video now have subs in 9 languages: Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Turkish and Vietnamese!

The team has received a lot of positive feedback from fans all over the world, and by popular request, we would like to present this video as a token of thank you. Here is the same performance in slow-motion (0.6x) with footwork, transitions, and elements annotated – and a couple improvements made in the step sequence from suggestions we received :yay: Enjoy :pbow:

(For those in Japan, please watch on mii-san’s niconico channel: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31195583. Thank you, mii-san!)

And here are some lovely comments about the video that the team has received from fans around the world :’) Thanks everyone for supporting us, and thanks Yuzu for bringing us all together!

tumblr_inline_opsrno99dH1ue4po9_540.jpg

tumblr_inline_opsrou9Pjj1ue4po9_540.jpg

tumblr_inline_opsrp6XiYS1ue4po9_540.jpg

Dear Alia Jackson,

I knew I was supposed to shorten this message of yours in order not to take too much Chat Space here, but really failed to do so in the end :cry: All details are just too good to be deleted :goe: (No, plus 5 is appropriate here......like Yuzu's performance :love: )

Frankly, so far even as a lurker, I've always been really appreciated with all kinds of your thoughtful ideas along with your actions. Needless to say, you are one of the greatest Yuzu Fans who wholeheartedly contribute a lot to him. On behalf of fans from all over the world :smile: , may I take this chance to express my gratitude hereby. You and everyone in concern are just Great :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Btw, concerning Ice Network's article the other day, do you have any plan to make another Fan Demographic Research to show those who do not know how large the number of Yuzu Fans is, or those who refuses to accept the Fact, particularly Japanese Mass Media who have been trying their best for years to promote skaters from Nagoya/Kansai e.g.M.Asada/D.Takahashi and now S.Uno! Tbh, I knew about your research just about a year ago so unable to join with it. Hopefully, only if I can this time :yay:

Well, just pop in and then can't help myself saying something to you. Thank you indeed :embSwan:

Alia Jackson, everyone involved, what a wonderful video! Lys, I'm so happy to see some of my suggestions included, just like Yuzuru you guys are striving for the best and improving! Thank you so much, time to watch this video many many times. :goe:

We should all thank Gladi, who was the one who actually did the editing ;) :goe:

And thanks to you for providing such great feedback (which would be even more useful for new projects when we can incorporating some of your ideas since the beginning) :D

Definitely. So may I use this space to say thank to Gladi.

Hello, Gladi ! I do appreciate your great effort, your thoughtfulness and your sincere/beautiful heart :love: I do believe that God appreciates what you have done to contribute to the real legend of World's Figure Skating :space: Please be proud of yourself. You deserve Love from God and everyone. :love: :love: :love: :clap: :clap: :clap: :love: :love: :love: :clap: :clap: :clap: :love: :love: :love: :clap: :clap: :clap: :love: :love: :love: :clap: :clap: :clap: :love: :love: :love:

Finally, thank you again and again to everyone involved in making this video.

So nice and feel honored to be someone who can share this "historic movement" in figure skating world with you all !!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

That sounds like a mission :P. It's kinda sad that everyone is forgetting about us, it's not like we're 10 people or something...

I'm not sad about us, but more like that it portrays Yuzu as someone who has a fanbase only in Japan, which is wrong because it diminishes his popularity. I don't think there has ever been such a popular skater as he is - yet the media, the commentators only talk about the Japanese fans, and completely ignore that he is beloved in the whole world. Most of them are just ignorant because if they see that on the ice level seats there are almost only Japanese fans, then they think his fans are only Japanese. :wtf:

I agree . I'm American and I'm rooting for Yuzu, the best skater of all time!

uuuuuuhhhh I've ordered a bunch of yuzu magazines from amazon and they're already here and there's sooo many pretty pictures and I have officially died and gone to heaven :love: :love: :love: excuse me while I dive into a pile of paper and never come out again! (I'm gonna need ice packs for my scanner so it doesn't overheat)

Hi Pamigena ,

I'm new to the forum and I would like to get some magazines too. Would you recommend some good ones ? Thank you so much !

EDIT: Sorry I thought I had found the video of Yuzu and cat but the video's been made private. You can still find the translation [link=https://sportymags.wordpress.com/2015/08/22/yuzuru-hanyu-bringing-the-world-together/]here[/link] but I can't find another video link.

Aww I read this before and rereading this again, it is still a very touching documentary. :crybaby: I was shocked the first time when I read that he had thought about to quit skating right after that. Thank god he did not. The world and especially us fans would've been deprived of him.

It also reminds me why I love his Hana Ni Nare program...his message, "If you don’t give up, tomorrow will come with hope.” :s_thumbsup

Btw, concerning Ice Network's article the other day, do you have any plan to make another Fan Demographic Research to show those who do not know how large the number of Yuzu Fans is.......Tbh, I knew about your research just about a year ago so unable to join with it. Hopefully, only if I can this time :yay:

Hi YuzuTheBest, at this moment no plan yet, but if there's going to be one we will announce it here :pbow:

uuuuuuhhhh I've ordered a bunch of yuzu magazines from amazon and they're already here and there's sooo many pretty pictures and I have officially died and gone to heaven :love: :love: :love: excuse me while I dive into a pile of paper and never come out again! (I'm gonna need ice packs for my scanner so it doesn't overheat)

Hi Pamigena ,

I'm new to the forum and I would like to get some magazines too. Would you recommend some good ones ? Thank you so much !

Hi ruruzest, here is also a thread with some magazine talks, there are some nice recommendations from other posters too :yes:

I've also ordered a bunch of magazines after Worlds and will be collecting them from my friend this weekend, excited to finally get to check them out! Coincidentally all the covers I ordered are graced by Mr. H&L and as a result of that I ended up double ordering one of the magazines :crazy:

---

EDIT: Sorry I thought I had found the video of Yuzu and cat but the video's been made private. You can still find the translation [link=https://sportymags.wordpress.com/2015/08/22/yuzuru-hanyu-bringing-the-world-together/]here[/link] but I can't find another video link.

Aww I read this before and rereading this again, it is still a very touching documentary. :crybaby: I was shocked the first time when I read that he had thought about to quit skating right after that. Thank god he did not. The world and especially us fans would've been deprived of him.

It also reminds me why I love his Hana Ni Nare program...his message, "If you don’t give up, tomorrow will come with hope.” :s_thumbsup

If you can watch from the bilibili website, the "Yuzu x cat" moment is around 05:30 of the video :love: (meow~)

That article on icenetwork triggered not only us, but Japanese fans - in other way :rofl2:

http://ameblo.jp/poissonbleu/entry-12273961314.html

The issue is that Lynn nominates Japanese fas in general but in reality, those Japanese fans + many international fans mostly come for Yuzu. It's not purely an issue of whether they ignore the fact that Yuzu also has international fans, it's the fact that most fans currently buoying FS, Japanese or not, are Yuzuru fans. So without Japanese fans, FS suffers, but without Yuzuru fans, the situation will be even more bleak. Rmb the report on the 4CC Pyeongchang earnings? Yuzuru fans accounted for a huge portion.

That article on icenetwork triggered not only us, but Japanese fans - in other way :rofl2:

http://ameblo.jp/poissonbleu/entry-12273961314.html

The issue is that Lynn nominates Japanese fas in general but in reality, those Japanese fans + many international fans mostly come for Yuzu. It's not purely an issue of whether they ignore the fact that Yuzu also has international fans, it's the fact that most fans currently buoying FS, Japanese or not, are Yuzuru fans. So without Japanese fans, FS suffers, but without Yuzuru fans, the situation will be even more bleak. Rmb the report on the 4CC Pyeongchang earnings? Yuzuru fans accounted for a huge portion.

Seriously. Japanese fans do deserve credit for how much money they are putting in to figure skating, but Yuzuru's impact shouldn't be downplayed when not just in Japan but all over the world, people are willing to buy the magazines and books and ice shows tickets and travel for competitions to see him, there are new people being drawn into the sport because of him. Will FS still get big crowds in Japan after Yuzu r****s? Maybe. But from the way commentators and articles do tend to act like all his fans come from Japan means they are really missing just how big his impact has been and just how much pull he has with audiences. If the ISU is lucky, a number of Yuzu fans will stay interested enough in FS to go to competitions for other skaters they like or just for general enjoyment but it's unlikely that any time soon any single skater is going to attract as many people as Yuzu does.

Btw, concerning Ice Network's article the other day, do you have any plan to make another Fan Demographic Research to show those who do not know how large the number of Yuzu Fans is.......Tbh, I knew about your research just about a year ago so unable to join with it. Hopefully, only if I can this time :yay:

Hi YuzuTheBest, at this moment no plan yet, but if there's going to be one we will announce it here :pbow:

Dear Alia Jackson,

Please be apologized first for taking your precious time.

Do you mean it's going to be at Poll corner of Planet Hanyu ?

Well, just a thought. No need to reply, please.

Thank you :space: