General Yuzuru Chat

this could initially be for this. So people who do quad solo but no difficult steps wont be given -2 (and for some reason we could already see last season). But this could also be twisted to "doing difficult steps but somehow deemed not 'interesting' or 'creative' by some judges could receive lower GOE or at least not get the bullet checked". I know this sounds ridiculous. But they can get away with it. Just like a judge get away with giving yuzu's clean 3A out-of-nowhere a 0 GOE at 4cc this year. Especially to people who always comments on how yuzu's arms are not 'balletic' enough :roll: and skaters who just did crossovers but have 'beautiful upper body movement' have more chances on getting max goe.

i sure hope judges not giving him more GOE on his world FS was only because they didnt like the music. sorry for being pessimistic but i'm just so upset right now

Yup, ISU served up a big fudge sundae. Fudge it up; fudge it down :s_hang :s_devil

I've always found it ridiculous when people suggest he should be getting lower GOE's for transitions in and out of jumps he's mastered for a while (that still no one else can do) (so by definition it's his SIGNATURE). Judges who find it "not interesting" for Yuzu but "interesting" for someone else... need to be pelted with pooh-san (but maybe pooh-san doesn't deserve this treatment :sadPooh:)!

this could initially be for this. So people who do quad solo but no difficult steps wont be given -2 (and for some reason we could already see last season). But this could also be twisted to "doing difficult steps but somehow deemed not 'interesting' or 'creative' by some judges could receive lower GOE or at least not get the bullet checked". I know this sounds ridiculous. But they can get away with it. Just like a judge get away with giving yuzu's clean 3A out-of-nowhere a 0 GOE at 4cc this year. Especially to people who always comments on how yuzu's arms are not 'balletic' enough :roll: and skaters who just did crossovers but have 'beautiful upper body movement' have more chances on getting max goe.

i sure hope judges not giving him more GOE on his world FS was only because they didnt like the music. sorry for being pessimistic but i'm just so upset right now

Yup, ISU served up a big fudge sundae. Fudge it up; fudge it down :s_hang :s_devil

I've always found it ridiculous when people suggest he should be getting lower GOE's for transitions in and out of jumps he's mastered for a while (that still no one else can do) (so by definition it's his SIGNATURE). Judges who find it "not interesting" for Yuzu but "interesting" for someone else... need to be pelted with pooh-san (but maybe pooh-san doesn't deserve this treatment :sadPooh:)!

pelted with pooh

Two weeks ago, Yuzuru fans from around the globe released a

. This video now have subs in 9 languages: Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Turkish and Vietnamese!

The team has received a lot of positive feedback from fans all over the world, and by popular request, we would like to present this video as a token of thank you. Here is the same performance in slow-motion (0.6x) with footwork, transitions, and elements annotated – and a couple improvements made in the step sequence from suggestions we received :yay: Enjoy :pbow:

(For those in Japan, please watch on mii-san’s niconico channel: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31195583. Thank you, mii-san!)

And here are some lovely comments about the video that the team has received from fans around the world :’) Thanks everyone for supporting us, and thanks Yuzu for bringing us all together!

tumblr_inline_opsrno99dH1ue4po9_540.jpg

tumblr_inline_opsrou9Pjj1ue4po9_540.jpg

tumblr_inline_opsrp6XiYS1ue4po9_540.jpg

Just to relax everyone around here: this rule will have no bearing on Yuzuru. No judge is going to suddenly start adding -3 to a spread-eagle sandwich quad if it is otherwise a good quad just because he has done it before. No need to panic there.

yes of course. giving -3 to a clean jump is just impossibly ridiculous. i was just worried of him not checking that bullet. but even if he dont, he'll check other bullets and still get enough lol. it's yuzu after all, he'll get by some way.

This reminds me:

1) unexpected / creative / difficult entry

2) clear recognizable (creative, interesting, original for jump preceded by steps/movements of

the Short Program) steps/free skating movements immediately preceding element

So.... what's the difference between these now for the SP?

Err, actually, what was the difference between them before too (only for SP)...

Guest turquoiseblue
. This video now have subs in 9 languages: Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Turkish and Vietnamese!

The team has received a lot of positive feedback from fans all over the world, and by popular request, we would like to present this video as a token of thank you. Here is the same performance in slow-motion (0.6x) with footwork, transitions, and elements annotated – and a couple improvements made in the step sequence from suggestions we received :yay: Enjoy :pbow:

(For those in Japan, please watch on mii-san’s niconico channel: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31195583. Thank you, mii-san!)

Thank you so much! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Just to relax everyone around here: this rule will have no bearing on Yuzuru. No judge is going to suddenly start adding -3 to a spread-eagle sandwich quad if it is otherwise a good quad just because he has done it before. No need to panic there.

yes of course. giving -3 to a clean jump is just impossibly ridiculous. i was just worried of him not checking that bullet. but even if he dont, he'll check other bullets and still get enough lol. it's yuzu after all, he'll get by some way.

This reminds me:

2) clear recognizable (creative, interesting, original for jump preceded by steps/movements of

wait you're right. the requirements now only applies for the -2 GOE for not including it before *facepalm* i should have read this more carefully lmao anyway this only means no more -2 for not including difficult steps so it would really have no effect on yuzu :rofl2: i cant believe i got so worked up for this :rofl2:

edit: to answer your question, it used be 'clear recognizable (difficult for jump preceded by steps/movements of the Short Program) steps/free skating movements immediately preceding element

see here: http://static.isu.org/media/1003/2000-sptc-sov-and-goe-2016-2017_revised-july-14.pdf

anyway after much thinking i think it shouldnt affect yuzu much

edit2: wait it's still there! now i'm more confused... it's like 2 AM here i cant think i need to sleep

FJDoUDo.jpg

edit3: Alia and team, thank you so much for that video :bow: :goe:

And here are some lovely comments about the video that the team has received from fans around the world :’) Thanks everyone for supporting us, and thanks Yuzu for bringing us all together!

Thank you so much!! :goe: :goe: slow motion just made it clear that Yuzu's performance matched the music perfectly! :bow:

This reminds me:

wait you're right. the requirements now only applies for the -2 GOE for not including it before *facepalm* i should have read this more carefully lmao anyway this only means no more -2 for not including difficult steps so it would really have no effect on yuzu :rofl2: i cant believe i got so worked up for this :rofl2:

edit: to answer your question, it used be 'clear recognizable (difficult for jump preceded by steps/movements of the Short Program) steps/free skating movements immediately preceding element

see here: http://static.isu.org/media/1003/2000-sptc-sov-and-goe-2016-2017_revised-july-14.pdf

anyway after much thinking i think it shouldnt affect yuzu much

Actually, I was thinking more of what makes bullet 1 and bullet 2 in the SP any different from each other, now?

Thank you all from the team! I was waiting for slomo version :yay: :goe:

Also ISU never cease to amaze me. :ohno: Making judging sports more objective is overrated I suppose...

Gkelly replied me on FSuniverse, I will just quote her words here:

Thank you meoima! :goe:

Good grief, they sure know how to complicate matters. It really shouldn't be that hard to word this so that everyone understands it, goodness.

This reminds me:

That's been a point of irritation as far back as I can remember, because it is quite often not easy to tell apart... generally, a good example would be a jump from a stand still (which nobody ever does, but bear with me). If a guy for example starts of with a 2A out of a stand still, right at the beginning, than that is definitely an unexpected and difficult entry, but it includes no steps.

But in most cases, the difference between these bullet points is IMO rather slim and... very, very subjective. Personally, I often thought "standard entries", like a mohawk into a salchow, could be counted as 2) but not as 1). But that looks less the case to me now with that new addition...

Man, ISU. Everytime one of their rule looks lacking and useless to me, they manage to make it worse.