General Yuzuru Chat

Omg this topic is topic is too fast. I went to sleep when it was 116 and when I wake up, it's already 10 pages???

I agree that international fans are important as well and stereotyping Yuzu as a Japanese famous skater hero is an insult to him as he is very popular everywhere and there are Jap fans who really like other skaters.

But I see so many people getting interested in Japanese culture and places and visits there and not just fs events because they were initially Yuzu fans and he makes you love the country and its ways. It's amazing how he is such a pro Japanese ambassador, unbeknownst to everyone. Magic boy.

seeing all the nominations so far by Icenetwork, in my mind, the best pick for winner this year is Evgenia. I still don't like her programs, but her domination of the sport for the past 2 seasons, her record breaking performances, her consistency and her charm are all incontestable. If it's not going to be Yuzu, then it's got to be Evgenia, IMO.

And for all the international fans, (I can't cause I'm Japanese) you can tweet @icenetwork, that you exist! Politely, of course. :s_yes

This omg, even if you're not her fan, you can't be unaware of her accomplishments. :bow: :bow:

But I see so many people getting interested in Japanese culture and places and visits there and not just fs events because they were initially Yuzu fans and he makes you love the country and its ways. It's amazing how he is such a pro Japanese ambassador, unbeknownst to everyone. Magic boy.

True, it's lovely. I hope I can go this year!

Omg this topic is topic is too fast. I went to sleep when it was 116 and when I wake up, it's already 10 pages???

I agree that international fans are important as well and stereotyping Yuzu as a Japanese famous skater hero is an insult to him as he is very popular everywhere and there are Jap fans who really like other skaters.

In my case i fell in love with Japan a long LONG time ago. But it is so obvious how much he loves his country, that my own love for it reignited and burns brighter than before. I feel a weird sense of pride when i see what he has accomplished, like, i feel that some japanese must be really happy to know that that athlete, that incredible skater and person is representing their country... (Maybe because that's something i don't think i am going to be able to feel about my own country in my lifetime. So sad haha, but Japan feels like the home to my heart so i am really happy too.)

In my case i fell in love with Japan a long LONG time ago. But it is so obvious how much he loves his country, that my own love for it reignited and burns brighter than before. I feel a weird sense of pride when i see what he has accomplished, like, i feel that some japanese must be really happy to know that that athlete, that incredible skater and person is representing their country... (Maybe because that's something i don't think i am going to be able to feel about my own country in my lifetime. So sad haha, but Japan feels like the home to my heart so i am really happy too.)

Hydro, what caused you to fall in love with Japan? Or is that the deep dark secret?

[tweet]862322892561801216[/tweet]

:rofl2:

Where IS this from?

Eh.... eh..... EH?! :eh: :eh: :eh: What is it?

Here's the video if anybody is interested:

:pbow:

Thanks for sharing. It looks like a Lz...?? :bow: :bow:

Oh, and some matryoshkas!!!

[image]http://dunadolls.ru/images/katalog/big/0314.gif[/image]

It's amazing the speed this thread moves... :bow:

When I saw this, the idea of Yuzuryoshka suddenly popped up in my mind :rofl2: :rofl2:

Didn't Shizuka give Yuzu something like that post Sochi Olympics in an interview...?

I'll have to find that vid...

Yeap, I think it was already done lol

[attachment=0]963b01f2-0da9-4819-8fab-25502a9213de.jpg[/attachment]

Though this is not the one that shizuka gave him post sochi... I also have a faint memory of such video... But can't find it now... any one wants to help confirm this?

Credit: somewhere on tumbrl, please pm if you are the owner

I know this question wasn't addressed to me but the food, the anime, the games--that is personally how I became a Japanophile. I watched my first anime at age 10 (Sailor Moon), not knowing that's what it was. It really ramped up in high school when I met new friends (some of whom I'm still friends with today) and we would trade anime VHS tapes and CD-roms (I'm aging myself). I discovered that I preferred watching subtitled anime so much more than badly acted dubs. They offered Japanese at my high school, but I ended up taking Spanish the whole time and then it was my minor in college. But after my minor was completed I took Japanese classes because my university offered it as well. And after I graduated I found a personal tutor. I don't watch anime much at all anymore (still haven't even seen YOI), but I still enjoy learning the language, the culture, the food, the friends I've made. I've been there 3 times now and it just feels like a home away from home for me. I would love Yuzu no matter where he skated from. But being from Japan he feels a little bit like the home team for me.

Hydro, what caused you to fall in love with Japan? Or is that the deep dark secret?

Nah, like almost every kid it was thanks to anime. But i don't know, i saw more things in anime than just the story or the animation, the themes, the music or the characters. I am not sure when i started to notice things about the culture that weren't being said/shown in an explicit or direct way but somehow shone through the way the stories were presented. There was something in i don't know, "the feeling"? of what i was watching that spoke to my heart. I got curious about the language and i found it extremely beautiful and there was this big BIG desire to learn it, as if i was hungry and i had found the tastiest food in the universe. When i started listening to japanese music there were some things i noticed in general about the way the lyrics were written and the japanese style for composing music that started to solidify my love for Japan. I began to look into the actual culture, the etiquette, the food, the sights! I am aware of the not so good things the country has, but so far, that hasn't been enough to discourage me from loving it :P

TL;DR: I think it was Japan as a whole that captured my heart, albeit piece by piece over the course of a few years. :embSwan:

(Puts final brick in the text wall :sadPooh: )

Oh, and some matryoshkas!!!

[image]http://dunadolls.ru/images/katalog/big/0314.gif[/image]

It's amazing the speed this thread moves... :bow:

When I saw this, the idea of Yuzuryoshka suddenly popped up in my mind :rofl2: :rofl2:

Didn't Shizuka give Yuzu something like that post Sochi Olympics in an interview...?

I'll have to find that vid...

She did ! She was interviewing him with another lady , and they presented him a matryoshka with his image painted on it. Shizuka said then that this was called "Yuzuryoshka" and there were many Yuzu- kuns inside :) He laughed at it :) There is a video floating on youtube, just need time to find it.

Edited : ok. I see the video has been already found in the previous post