General Yuzuru Chat

Yet another reason for us non-Japanese fans to grumble...

Everyone with a Japanese flag at Helsinki was Japanese. :hachimaki:

Right, how will I look if I wave a Russian flag after Yuzuru skated?

:s_dunno

I mean, how else do they expect non-Japanese fans to show our support, really? By waving our flags but put "BUT I AM SUPPORTING YUZURU HANYU" on it? :eh:

I once saw a banner saying "fly yuzu" and sth to that effect but has a red maple leaf on the side that shows its maker is obviously canadian. quite clever actually. I think there should be more international banners like this :space:

...I don't even have a Russian flag.

New Icenetwork article about Yuzuru Hanyu

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2017/05/10/229431488

Thank you! I must quote just one bit

As this article went to press, the reigning world champion announced his performance schedule for Fantasy on Ice. All stops sold out in short order.

:grin: :grin: :grin:

But yes, it's quite a good article, showcasing just how important Japanese fans are to figure skating and how huge Yuzuru's influence is (though again, I'd like it if they explained the size of his international audience, who also travels all over the world to see him).

This article is more about Japanese FS/Yuzuru fans than Yuzuru himself, actually.

That one can like a skater not from their own country.. such revolutionary thoughts! It's just too advanced for the brains of some people..

It's really aggravating that journalists and commentators are so narrow minded. I have followed Czech and American tennis players, Kenyan and American runners, seven or eight different nationalities of gymnasts, skaters, skiers and ski jumpers, as well as the odd person from the British Isles. My favourites are my favourites regardless of nationality- the podium at the MAG AA in Rio was spot on as far as I was concerned.

...I don't even have a Russian flag.

Well, neither do I, so far, but it's not that hard to get where I live. :)

Canadians have this clearly recognisable maple leaf, but our flag is going to be hard to recognise unless it's, well, a flag!

You need to print out, on a Russian flag - Russians for Yuzuru :rofl2:

To be fair, I do think the point of the article was also about how much Japanese fans contribute to figure skating by following him (and others) around but they really could have added that in his case, it's an international audience that travels. I've sort of given up on that one though tbh, everyone seems to be skipping over those fans. At least he knows!

Canadians have this clearly recognisable maple leaf, but our flag is going to be hard to recognise unless it's, well, a flag!

Hey, a picture of putin would do the job and get the point across! :rofl2:

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

(looks around to see if she's going to be persecuted)... since I can't stand our dear President, this is going to happen over my dead body!

I wonder though, is Yuzu the one being proposed as Icenetwork person of the year or his Japanese fans? If the latter, good for them, they are awesome, but I wasn't quite sure with that article...

That one can like a skater not from their own country.. such revolutionary thoughts! It's just too advanced for the brains of some people..

It's really aggravating that journalists and commentators are so narrow minded. I have followed Czech and American tennis players, Kenyan and American runners, seven or eight different nationalities of gymnasts, skaters, skiers and ski jumpers, as well as the odd person from the British Isles. My favourites are my favourites regardless of nationality- the podium at the MAG AA in Rio was spot on as far as I was concerned.

OT, but the men's AA in Rio was the most dramatic and amazing thing I have seen in men's gymnastics in a while.. the podium was everything I could have wished for

OT, but the men's AA in Rio was the most dramatic and amazing thing I have seen in men's gymnastics in a while.. the podium was everything I could have wished for

:goe: