General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I guess I'll just get a little something off my chest that's been bugging me since this whole CM story, please ignore if you're not in for gloom

Hide contents

Totally unrelated to anything, but to this day, I guess the thing that will set me apart from Yuzuru the most is that I really can't imagine what it's like to have a supportive mother. Yes, when I was little, I did think mine was, but things turned out so different, it's almost impossible for me to think of any mother figure with any sort of positivity. Motherly love, for me, has become a myth that, in many cases, actually hides abusive behavior. I actually feel so left out of all the fun with this CM LOL. 

Sending virtual hugs :10742289: family doesn't have to be the one connected to you by blood, I hope you will find this family and feel the love someday :10742289::10742289:

5 hours ago, Anony said:

And next for Yuzuru to endorse is *drum roll*

Does this mean the world will soon finally have solid evidence Yuzuru can grow hair that isn't mushroom :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Yuzu is all grown up he can advertised gillette now :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I still think that Plushenko was sincere about praising Yuzuru at the P&G event yesterday. Probably some part of it was PR, I wouldn't deny it and we know Plushenko earns big $$$ from his shows in Japan. But his recent interviews for Russian media show how much he admires Yuzuru and Plushenko doesn't need to say that in Russia. In the most recent one (source) when asked which current skater could skate his iconic programs, he said that only Yuzuru could do them justice.

In the same interview he also said that both Patrick and Javi still have great chances to medal at Olys.

10 minutes ago, matchanodoame said:

Wait... is that the preview or the full version? That preview looks like a full-length CM to me... 

:confused:

idk about in japan but in the uk P&G had made like full 5 minute adverts for these kinds of things. they tend to not be ran very frequently because they have to rent out the entire advertisement block to show it, so they'll have shorter variations, but i bet with things like the Yuzu ad and youtube being a thing it's way worth making a really long one.

From what I remember, the previous お母さん、ありがとう CM (in 2014? or earlier?) was longer than the average CM, so that might be the case now, too.

(As for Gilette, there are other places he can shave, too, not necessarily face :P But actually, while I agree it's awkward to be discussing his facial hair and skin imperfections, they also, in a way, make him more real. Less of an untouchable skating god and more of a normal young man.)

3 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

I lowkey can't wait to hear some high grade bullshit from Yuzuru about how shaving is important to figure skating in some way.

Being clean shaven is the secret to his beautiful spins, as it reduces air friction. And for quads, too! He can do his rotations more effortlessly since he started using Gillette!

(I have to go out, or I'll get caught up in the overflowing of imagination going on around here these days :peekapooh:)

15 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Being clean shaven is the secret to his beautiful spins, as it reduces air friction. And for quads, too! He can do his rotations more effortlessly since he started using Gillette!

(I have to go out, or I'll get caught up in the overflowing of imagination going on around here these days :peekapooh:)

He could just be real honest and admit he'd look really weird with facial hair. Some facial structures just look way better without it.

But he's probably gonna say some crap about looking the part and making a good impression on judges and it being part of musical interpretation or something like he did when he was selling shampoo :rofl:. I can't wait, I love it, the way he talks in adverts is the way I do in job interviews (it's very effective, I was offered all the jobs I've had before the interview ended. so. life tip i guess. want a job? pretend your Yuzu in a p&g advert)

45 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

I could watch this all day long ... :love:

A question that just occurred to me: is...that actually old footage of him in the mirror or a child dressed up like him? I somehow assumed the former since I know there was footage of child Yuzu jumping in those clothes and it looks very similar but then I looked at the lighting and was like 'how could they isolate old footage + adjust lighting so well....' 

So uh, I guess more likely it's an actor (I noticed he only did a 2 turn spin so maybe they found some kid with Yuzu's body type from the local skating school??? What a find...)

1 hour ago, CupidsBow said:

I lowkey can't wait to hear some high grade bullshit from Yuzuru about how shaving is important to figure skating in some way.

Hey, you gotta shave those armpits for all those transparent skating costumes. It's only the aesthetically pleasing thing to do!