General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

It's so beautiful :sadPooh:

Can someone please translate what he says?

Man this was a struggle, not to understand the general sentiment but specific words. My listening skills with Yuzuru always seem to fail, either because he's using Sendai dialect words or I just suck at understanding the way he speaks lol

But roughly: 'When I moved from Sendai to Toronto, of course I had worries. But my mother came with me. She would look for ingredients and make Japanese food for me. So that I could devote myself to practice, she washed my clothes for me everyday. She supported my dreams like it was an obvious/natural thing to do and I am incredibly thankful. Okaa-san arigatou!'

*食材 = shokuzai = ingredients : D

*夢を後押ししてくれているので感謝しています

@MrPudding this isn't the entire CM so we'll probably get something slightly longer tomorrow

13 hours ago, anyanee said:

Thank you very much!!

Happy birthday @anyanee ! You’re heading to the future in jgreat conditions having  a great role model and a very supportive community here at the planet ! ( also a very healthy pastime to follow FS and Yuzu , I would want to think that the emotional ride we’re having is a good exercise to train your heart to be stronger :sadPooh: and I refuse to think otherwise. :hachimaki:. Good luck with your studying !

14 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Man this was a struggle, not to understand the general sentiment but specific words. My listening skills with Yuzuru always seem to fail, either because he's using Sendai dialect words or I just suck at understanding the way he speaks lol

But roughly: 'When I moved from Sendai to Toronto, of course I had worries. But my mother came with me. She would look for しょくぜん* and make Japanese food for me. So that I could devote myself to practice, she washed my clothes for me everyday. She supported my dreams* like it was an obvious/natural thing to do and I am incredibly thankful. Okaa-san arigatou!'

*Can't find anyyyy kanji that fits. I heard 食膳 (しょくぜん) because there's nothing for しょくせん but 食膳 means 'dining table/type of dish'... so like maybe he means she looked for a dining table where he could eat Japanese food? LOL idk

*夢を圧倒してくれているので感謝しています(あっとう?あとう?)圧倒して means overwhelm & is the word that fits most in this context but I can't figure out how to translate it in this context....

@MrPudding this isn't the entire CM so we'll probably get something slightly longer tomorrow

That's alright. Thank you for your translation. Sometimes it's hard to translate some words from one language to another because of its deeper meaning that you feel can't quite be equivalent to other language. If I were to translateしょくぜん* based on how you translate it to my mother tongue, I will give the word "lutong-bahay" but I can't translate it to English because I can't quite find the equal word that will exude the feeling of family-orientedness and homey feel that word describes. Sorry for my English too. I don't think that turned well. :smiley-sad016:

6 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

Happy birthday @anyanee ! You’re heading to the future in jgreat conditions having  a great role model and a very supportive community here at the planet ! ( also a very healthy pastime to follow FS and Yuzu , I would want to think that the emotional ride we’re having is a good exercise to train your heart to be stronger :sadPooh: and I refuse to think otherwise. :hachimaki:. Good luck with your studying !

in the future, talking to a teenage daughter:

Mom, how did you learn to survive a heartbreak?

Me: Let me tell you about that time when i was a fan ofdadYuzuru Hanyu...

:pouty:

12 分, kaerbさんが言いました:

But roughly: 'When I moved from Sendai to Toronto, of course I had worries. But my mother came with me. She would look for しょくぜん* and make Japanese food for me. So that I could devote myself to practice, she washed my clothes for me everyday. She supported my dreams* like it was an obvious/natural thing to do and I am incredibly thankful. Okaa-san arigatou!'

*Can't find anyyyy kanji that fits. I heard 食膳 (しょくぜん) because there's nothing for しょくせん but 食膳 means 'dining table/type of dish'... so like maybe he means she looked for a dining table where he could eat Japanese food? LOL idk

*夢を圧倒してくれているので感謝しています(あっとう?あとう?)圧倒して means overwhelm & is the word that fits most in this context but I can't figure out how to translate it in this context....

Hello, my english is not so good, so I just want say that the first word is 食材 (ingrediants)を探して和食を作ってくれたり...and the second one is 後押ししてくれる(support).

4 minutes ago, YuU said:

Hello, my english is not so good, so I just want say that the first word is 食材 (ingrediants)を探して和食を作ってくれたり...and the second one is 後押ししてくれる(support).

ありがとうございます!I suspected it meant 'ingredients' but my dictionary only gave me 材料 so I got confused :laughing: And thank you! 後押ししてくれる was def because Yuzu's first し was very soft so I didn't hear it ;; new vocab words to learn! 

11 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

in the future, talking to a teenage daughter:

Mom, how did you learn to survive a heartbreak?

Me: Let me tell you about that time when i was a fan ofdadYuzuru Hanyu...

:pouty:

In love there's happiness and tears. There's a point of victory, times when you think you can do everything and be Superman, that you can jump anything, no matter how high, no matter how far no matter how many rotations. Then there's defeat. You slip and down you fell. You'll hurt. Some might understand. Some might not. Some might sympathize. Some might find joy in your sadness. But do you know what matters most? It's how you pick yourself up. Dust yourself off. How you fight back. How you stare straight into the eyes of your doubters while you prove them wrong. In the end what starts with love ends with love. :7938863:

Mom, seriously you felt that way when you were a Hanyu fan!? 

2 分, kaerbさんが言いました:

ありがとうございます!I suspected it meant 'ingredients' but my dictionary only gave me 材料 so I got confused :laughing: And thank you! 後押ししてくれる was def because Yuzu's first し was very soft. 

Your welcome:snpeace:

Yer, the dictionary doesn't always give us the corrects words and his voice here is very soft also.

1 minute ago, PapiandPooh421 said:

In love there's happiness and tears. There's a point of victory, times when you think you can do everything and be Superman, that you can jump anything, no matter how high, no matter how far no matter how many rotations. Then there's defeat. You slip and down you fell. You'll hurt. Some might understand. Some might not. Some might sympathize. Some might find joy in your sadness. But do you know what matters most? It's how you pick yourself up. Dust yourself off. How you fight back. How you stare straight into the eyes of your doubters while you prove them wrong. In the end what starts with love ends with love. :7938863:

Mom, seriously you felt that way when you were a Hanyu fan!? 

"...No matter how hard the fall, you will always be able to feel joy again.  And you will see a smile, and it will make you think "I'm glad i am alive to witness this". Everything that happens during that time, can teach you something: Whether it is to never trust FujiTV or that sometimes it's better to pop, those lessons will help you get through difficult times."

"Wait, are you still talking about boys:facepalm:?"

"Keep talking to me like that and you will have to eat paprika for a week"

11 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

"...No matter how hard the fall, you will always be able to feel joy again.  And you will see a smile, and it will make you think "I'm glad i am alive to witness this". Everything that happens during that time, can teach you something: Whether it is to never trust FujiTV or that sometimes it's better to pop, those lessons will help you get through difficult times."

"Wait, are you still talking about boys:facepalm:?"

"Keep talking to me like that and you will have to eat paprika for a week"

Seriously Mom, I don't want to have a history class about you and dad!! 

:crazyshit2:: What's the matter?

The most climactic ending ever.... :facepalm: