General Yuzuru Chat

Yuzuru seems to understand English well, because he always nods and smiles at everything they tell him. But then again, he could be nodding and smiling to hide the fact that he didn't understand what you said. :devil:

He lives in Toronto for so much time during the year, he's probably stuck in the situation "I get most of what people tell me but I can't express myself as fluently because I don't practice a whole lot". Which is expected from the world's top figure skater whom, when he's not skating or training off-ice, he's playing videogames and hiding from the media xD Jk. I bet he studies English as much as he can. Every time he lipsyncs an English song, I'm there thinking 'I bet he read the lyrics and translated them all to memorize it'.

But I think it's also something else. Whenever people interview him, before and after performances, at press conferences and shows, no matter how easy or difficult the question might be, Yuzuru always has a very precise and analytic answer. His intelligence runs deep, but when your language abilities follow you up to a certain point, you either decide to begin a speech that you don't know you're going to be able to finish, or you decide to simplify your thoughts. I think Yuzuru does this a lot in English, so, in the end, he always says the same things.

Whenever people interview him, before and after performances, at press conferences and shows, no matter how easy or difficult the question might be, Yuzuru always has a very precise and analytic answer. His intelligence runs deep, but when your language abilities follow you up to a certain point, you either decide to begin a speech that you don't know you're going to be able to finish, or you decide to simplify your thoughts. I think Yuzuru does this a lot in English, so, in the end, he always says the same things.

Yes, that's really the only reason I care if he improves in English. I'd like to be closer to his true thoughts, which are obviously pretty deep. But I do read the translations of his Japanese interviews. Maybe we should all learn Japanese instead :smile:

meoima said:
Honestly I doubt that Yuzuru will ever try to cosplay Tuxedo Mask because:

It has been years but still hilarious.

[link=https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-22cuafSsWgw/VGTOg4upqAI/AAAAAAAAA1k/AxNaaZzSs30/s1600/shf-tuxedo-mask-mamoru.jpg]But he'd look so good.[/link] :sadPooh:

Yes, that's really the only reason I care if he improves in English. I'd like to be closer to his true thoughts, which are obviously pretty deep. But I do read the translations of his Japanese interviews. Maybe we should all learn Japanese instead :smile:

One could probably argue that it would make more sense for the rest of the skating world to learn better Japanese instead of all the Japanese skaters learning better English :s_tongue you know, as a more market-oriented strategy

omg omg omg omg omg omg

so, for Pyeongchang I was requesting tickets on the lottery for me and a friend that's outside Korea. My friend got 2 other people to try for tickets to as a back up. One got gala tickets for the three of us, all of us got B for the FS, and one other person got 3 C tickets for SP (I got 2 B seats). We're trying to figure out what we are going to do but it looks like I will have a ticket for the gala after all! :yay: I dunno if we have spare tickets we need to sell yet because we might have other friends interested in going who can pick up the tickets but between us we got 5 SP tickets, 8 FS tickets and 3 gala. We just gotta figure out who's going to/paying for what.

I'm so happy right now ;A;

omg omg omg omg omg omg

so, for Pyeongchang I was requesting tickets on the lottery for me and a friend that's outside Korea. My friend got 2 other people to try for tickets to as a back up. One got gala tickets for the three of us, all of us got B for the FS, and one other person got 3 C tickets for SP (I got 2 B seats). We're trying to figure out what we are going to do but it looks like I will have a ticket for the gala after all! :yay: I dunno if we have spare tickets we need to sell yet because we might have other friends interested in going who can pick up the tickets but between us we got 5 SP tickets, 8 FS tickets and 3 gala. We just gotta figure out who's going to/paying for what.

omg jina, are you gonan use all the FS tickets? did you get any A level? i would buy one from you ;_;

omg omg omg omg omg omg

Yayyyy! Congrats :yay:

omg omg omg omg omg omg

omg jina, are you gonan use all the FS tickets? did you get any A level? i would buy one from you ;_;

We got 3 C and 2 B for SP and all B for FS. I dunno how many FS tickets we have spare but I'll PM you if we have 1 unaccounted for.

omg omg omg omg omg omg

We got 3 C and 2 B for SP and all B for FS. I dunno how many FS tickets we have spare but I'll PM you if we have 1 unaccounted for.

omg omg omg omg omg omg

That's awesome to hear!

Tbh I always associate 'lottery' with improbability, so to actually see people winning it has been a trip for me :rofl2: an amazing one, mind you! :pbow:

Fresca said:
meoima said:

[link=https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-22cuafSsWgw/VGTOg4upqAI/AAAAAAAAA1k/AxNaaZzSs30/s1600/shf-tuxedo-mask-mamoru.jpg]But he'd look so good.[/link] :sadPooh:

Well tbh he would look amazing in a tux or suit regardless of the context :smile:

Haha how did you meet so many people at Worlds?! hahaha

BTW, I usually root against the Americans in most every sport just because NBC (or whatever american channel i have to watch) usually makes me so annoyed at them by the time they actually perform that i just have a bias against them.

Lol NBC and its hosts are insufferable. CBC is relatively better but there's still 1 particular lady who I wish wasn't so talkative :roll:

xibsuarz said:
Fresca said:
meoima said:

Well tbh he would look amazing in a tux or suit regardless of the context :smile:

They never seem to be his size :sadPooh:although over time the mismatch has gotten rather cute

They never seem to be his size :sadPooh: although over time the mismatch has gotten rather cute

Yeah, I should have said "a tux or suit that fits him". Though even with the wrong size of suit he looks cute :devil:

They never seem to be his size :sadPooh: although over time the mismatch has gotten rather cute

Yeah, I should have said "a tux or suit that fits him". Though even with the wrong size of suit he looks cute :devil:

Right? It's somehow endearing that his suits are always too big for him and that he owns like three argyle pattern ties for some reason :sadPooh: