General Yuzuru Chat

Well, after not seeing him at any ice show last year, it will be nice to see Mr. Front and Center at FaOI again. It always seems like he enjoys himself and has a lot of fun :yes: and it's not that many stops so he won't be overstretching himself. I hope we get to see a new EX!

im also curious about this. does japan's chance rely entirely on their pairs later? or they already qualify? is there a worst case scenario where japan wont perform in team event :shock: ?

Both the Japanese pair and Ice Dance team needs to qualify at Nebelhorn...so...yeah.

Actually, I believe you only need three disciplines to qualify for the Team Evenet so only one of them needs to qualify for the Olympics; if the fourth team (most likely Pairs) doesn't qualify, they can still be invited to participate on the Team Event and only there (no individual competition for them).

Yes but I think ID has a slightly higher chance of qualifying. I believe they still have to meet the technical minimums as well.

Both the Japanese pair and Ice Dance team needs to qualify at Nebelhorn...so...yeah.

Actually, I believe you only need three disciplines to qualify for the Team Evenet so only one of them needs to qualify for the Olympics; if the fourth team (most likely Pairs) doesn't qualify, they can still be invited to participate on the Team Event and only there (no individual competition for them).

Yes but I think ID has a slightly higher chance of qualifying. I believe they still have to meet the technical minimums as well.

Yeah, definitely Kana and Chris are more likely to qualify. So if Sumire and Francis don't qualify for the individual event but go to the Team Event because Team Japan qualifies for it due to its three other disciplines, they do still need to have tech minimums as well?

[link=http://mokodojo.net/ZZZPT.swf?src=http://203.162.76.92:5021/live/308|c03]Anyone can try this stream link?[/link]

Page is stuck on "loading" without anything happening for me ^^"

[link=http://mokodojo.net/ZZZPT.swf?src=http://203.162.76.92:5021/live/308|c03]Anyone can try this stream link?[/link]

Page is stuck on "loading" without anything happening for me ^^"

It's ok, i got a VERY GOOD QUALITY stream :D i'll post it when the time comes :D

Yeah, definitely Kana and Chris are more likely to qualify. So if Sumire and Francis don't qualify for the individual event but go to the Team Event because Team Japan qualifies for it due to its three other disciplines, they do still need to have tech minimums as well?

Yeah but it might be different from the "regular" tech min. We'll know after the ISU council meeting in June.

Sumire and Francis won't be able to compete at Olympics anyway due to his citizenship

Erm, so far only 4 teams actually qualify, no? Canada, US, Russia, China? they still need 6 teams left and even counting korea in as host, the countries that are closest to qualify are still only France, Japan, Germany, Italy and 1 spot left for another country. Others are even further away from qualifying than those 4.

Also though sumire and francis can go to nebelhorn to grab the spot, they can't go to the team event.

my take is, it is highly unlikely that Japan will not qualify

Sumire and Francis won't be able to compete at Olympics anyway due to his citizenship

That's what I've been thinking. If they can't compete then will TJ not be able to participate in the team event?

You're right! *facepalm* So, wait, which other Pairs team could be sent for the Team Event?

You're right! *facepalm* So, wait, which other Pairs team could be sent for the Team Event?

Narumi Takashi found a new partner didn't she? Perhaps it could be them.

Roughly translated the first part of the interview (after that is more about herself.)

Sputnic: How does Hanyu inspire you? Why do you want to skate with him?

Zhenya: He inspires me as an athlete. Today many skaters see him as a role model. He is peerless as an athlete and no one would question that.

Sputnic: On internet we can find many photos of you two together. Don’t you like him not only as an athlete but also as a young man?

Zhenya: I don’t want to answer such question. I’ve made friends with many skaters from many countries in the first place. They are from the USA, Japan, China, Korea, France, Philippine… almost everywhere in the world. We all get along with each other really well. In competitions, we try to spend good time together because we don’t have much time to get together. Basically we talk in English. Sometimes we get together in someone’s room and have a chat or watch movies and videos.

ETA:

This site is more like a Japanese branch of this news site than a Japanese media.

This is ridiculous. Not only is this a very personal question you don't ask strangers when you just met, it's also obviously bait for a scandal. The media's fully aware of it and exploiting it deliberately.

Zhenya handled it nicely, glad the girl's got it at such a young age. I pray that these athletes never have to get hurt from inhumane behaviours of those that want to profit from them :hachimaki:

Narumi Takashi found a new partner didn't she? Perhaps it could be them.

It will likely be Ryuichi. Narumi and her partner can't even triple throw and 3tw yet so I doubt they can fulfil the minimum TES

Yes probably. Narumi and Ryo have no citizenship issues but their showing at Nationals was pretty weak, so not sure about them getting tech minimum this season . :silent:

Erm, so far only 4 teams actually qualify, no? Canada, US, Russia, China? they still need 6 teams left and even counting korea in as host, the countries that are closest to qualify are still only France, Japan, Germany, Italy and 1 spot left for another country. Others are even further away from qualifying than those 4.

Also though sumire and francis can go to nebelhorn to grab the spot, they can't go to the team event.

my take is, it is highly unlikely that Japan will not qualify

Wow, the day when China qualifies for a team event before Japan :shock: This could potentially turn into a much bigger problem in the future, that is if Japan fails to get their sh*t together and to realise how unhealthily imbalanced their resources are being distributed right now.