General Yuzuru Chat

26 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I made a pic tutorial of how i fold my swans :) i had posted the Youtube video i used but i found it confusing at times, so i tried to take pics of relevant angles to help you :biggrin: 

Please excuse my dry hands and my fading Seimei mani. I've been too lazy and should change it already:

https://imgur.com/a/zzRI3/

nice, thanks! that's very detailed :biggrin:

also, here's one my friend (not me) wrote a long time ago: http://www.instructables.com/id/Origami-Swan-4/ 

for if you have only one sided paper and want the swan to be the same color throughout

1 hour ago, Danibellerika said:

Alex is cute and really nice. Both he and Maia were so mannerable when I met them.  And at another instance in Helsinki we (@kiches and I) were in the lounge and they came in. She didn't say anything, but kiches's eyes got really big when he walked in :laughing:. He has that effect on women. 

:devilYuzu: He really was cute, and I didn't even realize my eyes bulged out :laughing:.

58 минут назад, Hydroblade сказал:

I made a pic tutorial of how i fold my swans :) i had posted the Youtube video i used but i found it confusing at times, so i tried to take pics of relevant angles to help you :biggrin: 

Please excuse my dry hands and my fading Seimei mani. I've been too lazy and should change it already:

https://imgur.com/a/zzRI3/

Thanks! I have some very nice origami paper (I only tried to do module origami once and crane - well, not my best efforts )), so I'll try one more time.

And here's my swan from @hamaguri :thanks:

Спойлер

6eloeQM.jpg

6 минут назад, Hydroblade сказал:

So jelly of the Xylitol things... Xylitol has the best merch hahaha

Got them from a Japanese lady before Helsinki FS :happy: Also got two Ghana files at CoR and saw new Xylitol ones - aaaahhhhhhh they're good :10636614:

6 hours ago, Forcefield said:

Another blog questioning the proposed changes of ISU with recent mentions: https://adivinesport.com/2017/10/24/is-the-isu-on-the-wrong-course/amp/

Take a look if you have spare time or just to admire meme overlord's dgaf expression in the first picture as he lands his jump (whoever decided to screenshot that moment and Nathan's jumpface later on in the post, you could do better).

I can nitpick on a few things but generally I agree. Hopefully ISU was just testing the waters and any upcoming changes will be heavily debated before passed.

What I do find interesting though, not only from this post but others as well, is the mention of Yuzu's wins as a reason to why drastic changes may not be necessary, but while its great Yuzu is the current leader across the board, he's actually not the standard. His programs with complexity and quality melding technique and artistty together may actually be an anomaly. Even if podium placement-wise it adjusts nicely at the moment with the best on top it will not always happen or keep on happening - and that may be the reason ISU is looking for changes in the first place.

I think ISU want skaters like Patrick, Jason Brown etc to have a chance at gold even if their tech is not as high as the youngsters. As many have mentioned, I think ISU should judge PCS separately from TES and there should be a wider spread of scores. Let's say for the Free Programme, the TES of the men can range from 50 to 126, but the PCS only ranges from 70 to 95. So they should either increase the PCS factor or judge skaters more harshly...

And Yuzu is indeed an anomaly because he can thrive no matter what the judging system is like. He has a complete package and is really good at adapting.

6 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

We should totally collab on an epic quad-harem fic. :biggrin: With art, but I can't draw. (With @singcarcom who will be in charge of all conflict resolution without breaking character because girl, you were trying to smooth them all out!) With timezones, workloads and stressing over our Emperor, we should be done in about five years.

It would be my honor to take part in the quad-harem fic! XD    @Xen Now I'm very curious of what are the images you have in mind for the ladies. We'll find a satellitel who can draw. XD

33 minutes ago, singcarcom said:

It would be my honor to take part in the quad-harem fic! XD    @Xen Now I'm very curious of what are the images you have in mind for the ladies. We'll find a satellitel who can draw. XD

um, I can draw, it is just a matter of getting off my butt and drawing....