General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I think we can hope for some more evolution in the choreography. H&L choreo kept changing slightly up until WC. I’m sure it will be spectacular by PC. Maybe even new moves we’ll fall in love with. 

the "new" hydroblade was amazing in RT, but not in CoR. Zuzu looked tired...When SEIMEI has energy, you all will die:darklordyuzu:

2 hours ago, SSS said:

I am waiting for some tweet about comparison between new SEIMEI vs old SEIMEi

Rewatched both..the 2015 version is fast and smooth but I could not compliment the costume anymore. Shame on myself...

ACI really had worst lighting.

I hope I can satisfy you with this.. :P. (sorry for my poor editing skills). I also included the back.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThereseAnnLope2/status/922014127580520448

Sorry it won't embed.... 

55 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

Spoiler

I don't think I'm really capable of comparing seimei 1 to seimei 2 yet for the same reason, my brain thinks of seimei 1 as the NHK/GPF performances that were magical and give me goosebumps. 2.0 isn't there yet. First at ACI Yuzuru was unfocused and not really performing the character and at COR he was noticeably slow. It's hard to know if some details that are missing will be reintegrated once Yuzu feels more comfortable with the layout (like...everything before the first two jumps, maybe some different details will emerge in time but it's understandable why some choreography has been outright lost there), I think seimei 2's stsq is better, there's a particular video from practice where the stq just looks ferocious but it's not quite been performed in competition at it's best yet (and he keeps getting a level 3 so :/ who knows maybe it'll be altered by nhk), I love the additional choreography when the drums start up after the 4T/where the 3A2T used to be and I think he utilitises the flute portion before that jump better even though that lil' "spiral" is a touch on the why bother side (like, maybe some other transitional move could be put there instead, something he could actually commit to and make count) and I like the little exit from the hydroblade - things like that and the final 3A are going to be real spine-tingling moments when he performs closer to his best but...like...it's the start of the season and the layout is hard. I can't really expect him to perform his ass off right now. I just hope he performs his ass off when it really counts. Right now we're still just warming up ;) 

I mean, this was the primary risk of going back to Ballade and Seimei, that people will think they've already been performed at their very best and can't be topped or matched. It's partially why I had hoped he would go for costumes that were less alike to the 2015-16 versions, to add a degree of separation so this season's performances can more easily be enjoyed as their own unique performances a little easier without that feeling of needing to overwrite NHK/GPF '15. But even so early in the season I can spot how his skating has refined since 2015 and which moments in the program are going to be real special when he nails it (I don't even particularly mean skate 100% clean, just when he really nails the performance and feeling)

I definitely haven't been sold on the spiral esp because it looks like it's tricky if the timing isn't precisely right and well...he's not Sasha Cohen lol. I guess the main thing I'm waiting for is that sense of energy and the sharp 'snap' that he had with his movements in NHK and GPF and that's the double edged sword of repeating 'perfect' programs because anything less is both immediately obvious and kind of distracts from the good elements. I suppose it only really becomes glaring for Yuzu/skating fans who've watched the 'perfect' performances so much they've basically memorised every move (ahem, me). I do think, however, that if he can nail this new program, it will be absolutely incredible - there are these small details where you can see the budding potential and a much more complete program but it's just not happened yet. Early in the season though, so it's okay. I'll just hang onto this 'draft' spliced from his practices lol. 

He mentioned somewhere in an interview he needs to do more runthroughs and I agree - individually, he can make everything look incredible but the stamina toll of all spins + 5 quads landed at once is something he needs to get used to. 

I think the ChSq for SEIMEI 2.0 we saw in media day videos was amazing! I looooved the part right after the spin where he does this 'throwing something down' movement with his right hand, it was so... aofijofsliap'fo I don't know how to describe it, but it was so dominating and powerful! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:The choreography after the hydroblade up till he does that 'shooting' movement with his right hand... :10742290:

If he manages to bring that kind of perfection into competitions, we'll be seeing those 10's in PCS! :10636614:

Oh yay!! Swans have made their way into Japan! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Off topic, but does anyone know if there is any record of past world standings? I know Yuzu has been at no. 1 in WS for 4 years now, but is it recorded somewhere? I'm interested to see the stats too :smile:

9 minutes ago, kaerb said:

I definitely haven't been sold on the spiral esp because it looks like it's tricky if the timing isn't precisely right and well...he's not Sasha Cohen lol. I guess the main thing I'm waiting for is that sense of energy and the sharp 'snap' that he had with his movements in NHK and GPF and that's the double edged sword of repeating 'perfect' programs because anything less is both immediately obvious and kind of distracts from the good elements. I suppose it only really becomes glaring for Yuzu/skating fans who've watched the 'perfect' performances so much they've basically memorised every move (ahem, me). I do think, however, that if he can nail this new program, it will be absolutely incredible - there are these small details where you can see the budding potential and a much more complete program but it's just not happened yet. Early in the season though, so it's okay. I'll just hang onto this 'draft' spliced from his practices lol. 

He mentioned somewhere in an interview he needs to do more runthroughs and I agree - individually, he can make everything look incredible but the stamina toll of all spins + 5 quads landed at once is something he needs to get used to. 

still don't understand why August version was so perfect :xD:guess it was just cuts + cuts ...Brian's interview about Yuzu did a lot of runthrough gave me high expectation + peak too early worry...:xD:

SEIMEI 2.0 needs more energy and killer faces XD

2 minutes ago, SSS said:

still don't understand why August version was so perfect :xD:guess it was just cuts + cuts ...Brian's interview about Yuzu did a lot of runthrough gave me high expectation + peak too early worry...:xD:

Maybe bb is still too squishy and needs time to make his inner fire rage. ACI+CoR kuyashii silver might be what he needs....

50 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

wanna send something for a while now alrdy... can someone refresh me on how? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

From nonchan's tumblr post:

You send it to the official JSF address, writing Yuzuru’s name as the receiver:

Japan Skating Federation
Mr./Ms. _____________(please write clearly the name of the skater whom you send to)
Kishi Memorial Gymnasium 1-1-1 Jinnan, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-8050 Japan

There are rules to what you can send:

• Please write clearly the skater’s name (whom you send to) on the surface of the envelope or on the invoice.
  • Transfer fee is not required. Please do not enclose stamps etc.
  • Please note that the following items are not accepted:
    • foods (for safety of skaters)
    • animals & plants(including potted plants)
    • valuables (precious metals, jewelry, etc.), cash vouchers, gift certificates, etc.
    • letters/presents sent to those who don’t belong to JSF(professional skaters, foreign skaters etc.)
  • Please note that we don’t accept the request of forwarding before the specified date (Christmas, Valentine’s Day, etc.)
7 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

There are rules to what you can send:

• Please write clearly the skater’s name (whom you send to) on the surface of the envelope or on the invoice.
  • Transfer fee is not required. Please do not enclose stamps etc.
  • Please note that the following items are not accepted:
    • foods (for safety of skaters)
    • animals & plants(including potted plants)
    • valuables (precious metals, jewelry, etc.), cash vouchers, gift certificates, etc.
    • letters/presents sent to those who don’t belong to JSF(professional skaters, foreign skaters etc.)
  • Please note that we don’t accept the request of forwarding before the specified date (Christmas, Valentine’s Day, etc.)

:( I guess I'm flushing this goldfish, then. So long, Goldie.

(Seriously, how many live animals do they get that they need to write that every time?)

28 minutes ago, SSS said:

Well it was practice so he didn’t have as much pressure and he skipped all the spins (and StSq was on different days I think?) Maybe also eagerness to show off a bit for the media crew : P

Anyway, we’ll see if he can pull out more of the magic by NHK. Though I don’t envy him the expectation at that comp...

Just now, kaerb said:

Well it was practice so he didn’t have as much pressure and he skipped all the spins (and StSq was on different days I think?) Maybe also eagerness to show off a bit for the media crew : P

Anyway, we’ll see if he can pull out more of the magic by NHK. Though I don’t envy him the expectation at that comp...

Also, no 4lz. Just "recovery 3a." :rofl: (Plz can haz rank?)

Hi everyone!

I've been a Yuzuru fan for almost 4 years and often used the GS forum to voice my support for Yuzuru. I signed in the GS forum today and was confused with the new Yuzuru fanfest and lack of posts after the CoR, but now I know why :smiley-love017: Thank you for making a forum that is solely dedicated to the one and only, Yuzuru Hanyu. Finally, we no longer have to deal with the hate back at GS :party2:

Just now, kaerb said:

yeah, the video is a merge of all cuts...Brian's interviews sounded like he nailed everything :( good to know he was not peaking :)

NHK needs some high marks...if Shoma wins Skate Canada, there will be another round of JSF propaganda...