General Yuzuru Chat

Since i'm most definitely going to be asleep to see that beautiful moment, i just want to tell you guys that today we will hit 100k posts! I am so so so happy and i hope we can continue growing :10742289: 

If anyone catches that moment pls take a screenshot with the time because i want to remember it forever :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

OMG, I, HAVE, FINALLY, CAUGHT UP!!!  

I had a busy week and couldn't check in on the Planet as often then bam, 50+ pages~!  :volcano::volcano::volcano:

Welcome to the world, Lutz baby!!! :wave:  So happy to see Yuzu happy and healthy!

Sorry for bringing up some past topics...

Yuzu + Kanon interview -- it'll be so amazing to watch Yuzu skate live to her playing the piano. It's so beautiful :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:.  Not shipping them per se, but I think it'll be great for someone who's used to media attention like Kanon to be with Yuzu. The amount of media attention that follows him is not easy to withstand!

Yuzu + Matsuoka interview -- How many people can be so confident yet not arrogant at the same time? It's human nature to have a tiny hope that your opponents will not do as well so you have a higher chance of winning. But this is Yuzu! He's so amazing! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Dick Button interview -- when it was mentioned that repeating of programs made him "nauseous", I'm :yznotimpressed:.    I think Dick Button is like the grandpa whom we love and respect, but sometimes he'll say things that we completely disagree with. =P

Oh and I just want to share here...I'm happy to have found this planet to orbit. :satellite: I was feeling really depressed on Monday because work wasn't going well and I felt terrible about myself. I couldn't stop the negative thoughts from coming so I watched H&L from Helsinki again. And I calmed down and managed to get back in the zone to finish my work. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Now, I'm going to head off to bed soon so that I can wake up in time tomorrow for the SP! Can't wait!!!

17 minutes ago, singcarcom said:

Oh and I just want to share here...I'm happy to have found this planet to orbit. :satellite: I was feeling really depressed on Monday because work wasn't going well and I felt terrible about myself. I couldn't stop the negative thoughts from coming so I watched H&L from Helsinki again. And I calmed down and managed to get back in the zone to finish my work. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Now, I'm going to head off to bed soon so that I can wake up in time tomorrow for the SP! Can't wait!!!

Aww I'm sorry you had a bad day but I'm glad you're feeling better! :10742289:
I'll bet I'm not the only one who's saved a whole bunch of money on therapy bills thanks to Yuzu and this planet. :biggrin: I had an absolutely hellish day yesterday but today I'm so smiley thanks to 4lz and the return of Biellmann and all the lovely satellites here. :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

Since i'm most definitely going to be asleep to see that beautiful moment, i just want to tell you guys that today we will hit 100k posts! I am so so so happy and i hope we can continue growing :10742289: 

If anyone catches that moment pls take a screenshot with the time because i want to remember it forever :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

come on Hydro~ get up at 4:30 with me and laugh/cry with me:13877886::10742289:

18 hours ago, Aotoshiro said:

What the fuck is that height. This was supposed to be baby?!?! It looks like it's finishing his teenage years to mature into a big, strong, mature quad! (QWhich means he's going still to be p. annoying and pop *knocks wood* but that's the part of adolescence, right?) Besides, is it only me who wants to cry over his runthrough at today's practice? 3A as the two final passes and probaby best made jumps of the whole freaking runthrough, not counting 4Lo...:10742290::10742290::13877886: I can worship new SEIMEI now:bow:

4T was a true baby. I believe 4Lz was born many years ago :biggrin:

2 時間前, singcarcomさんが言いました:

Yuzu + Matsuoka interview -- How many people can be so confident yet not arrogant at the same time? It's human nature to have a tiny hope that your opponents will not do as well so you have a higher chance of winning. But this is Yuzu! He's so amazing! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Dick Button interview -- when it was mentioned that repeating of programs made him "nauseous", I'm :yznotimpressed:.    I think Dick Button is like the grandpa whom we love and respect, but sometimes he'll say things that we completely disagree with. =P

Yeah. This actually brings me back to that interview with Yuji Ueda in Sochi when he asked Hanyu what he felt when Chan was performing, like if he was praying for the guy to slip up. Hanyu answered plainly that he was outright rooting for the guy. While Ueda was suitably impressed and said he could learn a thing or two from him* about having such a big heart, Hanyu quickly explained that it wasn't that at all. He said if anything, he was doing it for selfish reasons because if he takes home the gold despite a mistake-ridden delivery, his victory would be marred by personal dissatisfaction and he'd have to carry that weight around with him in the future.

And that was the entire reason he was hoping Chan would at least be able to step up and deliver the kind of performance no one else that day was able to. So if anyone was doubting his sincerity in rooting for Chan to do well, they would now know they don't have to because the guy pretty much admitted he wasn't being generous, he was being human. A very proud one, in fact. And pride, according to a certain manuscript at least, is a sin. Lol.

But there were still mean-spirited and petty comments made about him being insincere when he said he hoped that Chan would do well. Not that anyone can really blame them because a lot of us are a product of our environment, and it is one that makes it not so easy to believe that there really can be people with bold, sincere hearts among us. So naturally, people become skeptical. 

But, well, I hope the state of the field now, something which Hanyu played a huge role in giving rise to, will be able to open up some eyes and clear their skepticism that this guy *really* doesn't like to win based on the weaknesses of others, that people with the mentality of true champions like the ones they read in manga and comics, really do exist.

But, of course, there will always be minds twisted to a point where they won't see it that way and find some other negative way to view it. And there's nothing to be done about it but to ignore those and leave them to wallow in their dystopian views.

Most of us prefer to stay hopeful, however, and for those of us who do, our eyes may become open to the fact that these people really aren't gods or in any way perfect. If anything, it just goes to show how utterly human they all really are because in their hunger to excel, it becomes greed for success. That in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing, depending on how they choose to go about achieving it.

And the truth is, Hanyu is going about it the right way, the ideal one in fact, of which there no are easy shortcuts but plenty of suffering, because of another human flaw, the one that starts with a P I mentioned in the first paragraph. But I think his is a case where two flaws balance one another out. In Hanyu's case specifically, his pride balances out his greed.**

I'm willing to bet not a single one of his naysayers is able to claim to be able to do even a fraction of what he does when it comes to proving oneself worthy. But then we like to project our weaknesses on others, which, I suppose, makes us human, too. Just shows that there can be many kinds of human, with people like Hanyu (and other great figures of inspiration in both the past and the present) on one polar end, and naysayers who make unjustified and unreasonable remarks, no matter how much they are really victims of their environment (because I believe while being negative and pessimistic is a nature that people can't help, being blind towards the obvious is a choice), on the other.

*I find a lot of these Japanese interviewers, the men especially, after having met and spoken to the dude, or simply just listened in the audience and paid attention to what he's really saying, would come back to themselves awed and humbled, going so far as to admit, on TV, that even while being twice his age, they all feel like they've only got half his wisdom, if even that. One even went so far as to say that even if he lives another 40 years (the guy was 40 then) he likely still won't be half as wise as this kid barely into his 20s still. And it's true enough, wisdom does not necessarily come with age, as Button has clearly shown. He deserves respect, a lot of it, and there are old people who are wise, but these are also the ones who are somehow able to keep an open mind even with age, and Button isn't the most open-minded of individuals, I don't think. He's not close-minded per se. Just not quite open enough to be considered as truly wise in my books, which is the case with a lot of old people. Though we may be there ourselves someday. >_<

**Hanyu also checks ALL the other boxes when it comes to the seven sins besides just greed and pride, btw. Right down to sloth, even if it doesn't necessarily directly translate to what he presents on ice. LoL. But, all in all, the way he lets them positively influence his life instead of the other way around is what truly sets him apart, IMO.

2 時間前, singcarcomさんが言いました:

Sorry to hear about that. I bet Hanyu knows exactly how you feel. And the fruits of his labor and perseverance are paying it forward to serve as a guiding light for others, just like he prayed for. :) Let us all enjoy all the weekend has to offer!

57 minutes ago, SSS said:

come on Hydro~ get up at 4:30 with me and laugh/cry with me:13877886::10742289:

Oh no, i will be awake for the SP >:) you're right muahahaha

Also,  I was thinking about telling you guys this or not, but since a lot of you were really happy when i was able to give the swans to Tracy, i wanted to share more happiness with you :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

The stars aligned again and somehow,  @robin  and @sallycinnamon managed to talk to Brian a bit in the venue. And he confirmed that there is a golden swan chilling on his desk (probably watching over him and his hair) and that Yuzu also has one :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:. I'm sure Tracy has hers too, as i gave them directly to her (the other one was for Mama Hanyu!)

So the wish and the message reached him and his team. I hope he looks at them and he can feel all the support and love that those swans carry on their wings

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

17 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Also,  I was thinking about telling you guys this or not, but since a lot of you were really happy when i was able to give the swans to Tracy, i wanted to share more happiness with you :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

The stars aligned again and somehow,  @robin  and @sallycinnamon managed to talk to Brian a bit in the venue. And he confirmed that there is a golden swan chilling on his desk (probably watching over him and his hair) and that Yuzu also has one :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:. I'm sure Tracy has hers too, as i gave them directly to her (the other one was for Mama Hanyu!)

So the wish and the message reached him and his team. I hope he looks at them and he can feel all the support and love that those swans carry on their wings

:tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp::10636614::tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw:

59 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

oh my goodness, what wonderful news, bless Mama Tracy for being amazing :sadPooh:<3 I hope the golden swans will bless them all~~

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: WOAAHHHHH 

Omg. :13877886: Congratulations! Also :13877886: