General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, Mastyaeva said:

Just think how great it is: Yuzu keeps making your English better! (Such an irony, considering his own language problems (well, he shouldn't bother at all: linguistic certainly isn't the reason we love him for)). And you even can promote FS a bit in class! Best homework ever (I envy you). My imaginary plan for this: first paragraph about the history of figure skating, second - about the current situation in it (Olympic season, expansion of quads, same stagnation in ladies' part (with potential explosion due to juniors' 3 axels and quads, etc.) and finally - a huge paragraph about your favorite skater. When I studied in France, they called it funnel-system (in real, it's a simple mouvement from general to specific; it usually works good for projects). Sorry, it's a kind of professional deviation: I worked with students' projects too long. 

5 hours ago, singcarcom said:

Write in onomatopoeia to save space. =P  Figure skating is all about shuus and pas...but when you're only a beginner, you go ton ton ton su...:devilYuzu:

Thanks for the advice :thanks: I'm sure I'll handle it now. I'm certain at least a part of my class will get to appreciate the perfect :pancake: that are sure to come this season.

18 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Wasn't this expression->>>:notamused: the one he made on Asaichi when they asked him to do something beautifully?

Bet he's rolling his eyes at this statement now. Imagine if they ask him to raise his hand gracefully. :facepalm:

52 minutes ago, Xen said:

Anyone know what this involves? I'm checking against Gladi's translation and not sure what this is about. The one translated does not sound like US propaganda?

Probably a Nathan related article in the Sportiva praises him and talks about his balletic roots, which I guess is 'US propaganda'? I've found it's just best ignore this user's cryptic tweets.

hace 53 minutos , Xen said:

Anyone know what this involves? I'm checking against Gladi's translation and not sure what this is about. The one translated does not sound like US propaganda?

I have seen this tweet and I wonder the same. And what does US propaganda mean in this case?

NHK facebook promo

Just now, xeyra said:

Probably a Nathan related article in the Sportiva praises him and talks about his balletic roots, which I guess is 'US propaganda'? I've found it's just best ignore this user's cryptic tweets.

But Nathan does have balletic roots, even if we disagree about his ability to display it in his programs (his upper body posture btw is still very good for a male skater of his age-his real issue are the ankles and knees).  And his programs this year, are much better than last year's so far- so until they bring in the 7quads to ruin that vision, there's no point in harping about it.