Hihi. I’m a non Japanese fanyu looking to purchase Shizuoka tickets. I’ve got a Japanese friend with a Japanese credit card who’s willing to buy the tickets for me but does not stay in Japan. What are my chances of getting them? Heard that last year was a bloodbath for tickets and the website often crashes. :( Any suggestions on the easiest way to get them? 

@sophanyu Good news is you already have a much higher chance than most people with a friend like that looking after you. :) 

If you can buy the tickets before Yuzu is announced (the past two years they’ve only announced his participation about 2 weeks before the first shows in Makuhari) then I think you have a good chance. Kobe is always the worst to get tickets to but I think Shizuoka shouldn’t be too bad, fingers crossed. The better seats will probably sell out extremely quickly but if you don’t mind where you sit it’ll be easier. Friday tickets are always the easiest to get, too, and you’ll have more chance of getting a better seat.

Also, keep an eye out for any lotteries. I’m not sure if there are any now but that’ll allow you try for tickets without a bloodbath.

@SparkleSalad thank you so much for the advice! I was just wondering which websites are usually the best for credit cards to go through and to access from a foreign country while purchasing these tickets. (Is it recommended to get a VPN?) From my knowledge, they would usually have several websites to sell tickets for each show but I’m not sure which one is the best. 

@sophanyu I’m not sure the details for the sales are out yet so I can’t advise the best ticket site to use but generally Pia doesn’t accept foreign credit cards but they do sometimes allow you to pay at a convenience store within a certain time limit after you’ve purchased the tickets. I haven’t used Pia before but you might need a VPN. For Lawson you will definitely need a VPN. Lawson also has a captcha that might throw you if you don’t understand Japanese so you might need to get your friend to help.

Ticket info out!

Every stop has Lawson and Pia as well as other options:

Makuhari

Kyodo Tokyo

Lawson

Pia

ePlus

Kobe

Pia

Lawson

ePlus

LINE ticket

Niigata

Lawson

Pia

ePlus

Hokuriku Ticket

Sunrise Promotion

Shizuoka

Pia

Lawson

ePlus

@SparkleSalad Can't seem to find the ticketing details for Shizuoka in any of the 3 ticketing websites listed (Lawson, PIA, E-plus). Is mine just glitching? 

24 minutes ago, sophanyu said:

@SparkleSalad Can't seem to find the ticketing details for Shizuoka in any of the 3 ticketing websites listed (Lawson, PIA, E-plus). Is mine just glitching? 

Tickets don’t go on salt for Shizuoka until May so the ticket sites probably aren’t up yet. If you check a bit closer to the date, the links at the bottom here will take you to where you need to go: :)  https://www.fantasy-on-ice.com/#shizuoka 

I wonder if it will not be only for Japanese attendance? Are not entries in the country likely to be still closely monitored in June?