15000 is huge. Any Japan venues with this capacity? 

In any case, will Yuzu even be in FaOI Japan stops? 

55 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

I think there’d be riots if he skipped Japan but went to China. If they announce Il Volo I think we can assume he’ll go even if they leave the announcement as late as they usually do.

Not sure if these are maximum capacity or just stands but Japanese venues are:

Makuhari - 9,000

Kobe - 8,000

Niigata - 6,000

Shizuoka - 10,000

Very interesting that FAOI is expanding to Shanghai. It's obvious that they are gambling on Yuzu participating, with such a large venue and all. Even if they have several other popular skaters, nobody's popularity is great enough to sell those tickets if Yuzu isn't there headlining. I feel like they wouldn't have taken the risk if they wouldn't have at least contacted Yuzu's team previously and discussed with them.

Especially in light of the earlier Il Volo announcement, I think it's likely that Yuzu has already been talking with both Il Volo and the FAOI organisers and tentatively agreed to participate, but there is no formal contract yet. So I think it's extremely likely that Yuzu will participate in some capacity.

This really drives home that Yuzu's popularity in China seems huge and only keeps increasing.. If he were to participate in Beijing olys, I feel like it would be almost like a home crowd there at that point.

Hi, does anyone know how to get tickets? Is there any safe & effective way for foreigners? Do you have a proxy agency that you could recommend?

1 hour ago, nkroolik said:

Hi, does anyone know how to get tickets? Is there any safe & effective way for foreigners? Do you have a proxy agency that you could recommend?

I think the only way without a friend or proxy is to try in the Lawson general sale which is usually a bloodbath for Kobe and difficult for the other stops. You’ll need a VPN to access the sale. 

You’ll likely then have to pay for the ticket at a convenience store (they don’t always accept foreign credit cards online) so you’ll still need a proxy or a friend to do that for you.

Most proxies have shut down ticket operations completely since last year because of the new strict resale laws so if there are any left they’ll be scarce. If anyone finds one, it would be a good idea to keep it to private messages, otherwise it will be booked out in seconds.

Keep in mind that Yuzu’s involvement in FaOI is often announced pretty last minute and well after tickets have gone on sale so it will be a gamble to buy them in advance.

The other option is to check Twitter for resale and find someone with an extra ticket to accompany you at the venue. This has been the most successful way for me but a lot of resellers only speak Japanese so it can be difficult.

29 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I think the only way without a friend or proxy is to try in the Lawson general sale which is usually a bloodbath for Kobe and difficult for the other stops. You’ll need a VPN to access the sale. 

You’ll likely then have to pay for the ticket at a convenience store (they don’t always accept foreign credit cards online) so you’ll still need a proxy or a friend to do that for you.

Most proxies have shut down ticket operations completely since last year because of the new strict resale laws so if there are any left they’ll be scarce. If anyone finds one, it would be a good idea to keep it to private messages, otherwise it will be booked out in seconds.

Keep in mind that Yuzu’s involvement in FaOI is often announced pretty last minute and well after tickets have gone on sale so it will be a gamble to buy them in advance.

The other option is to check Twitter for resale and find someone with an extra ticket to accompany you at the venue. This has been the most successful way for me but a lot of resellers only speak Japanese so it can be difficult.

Thanks a lot for detailed answer! I will try with Lawson and then with Twitter, but I am not active there so I am afraid it can be a barrier. But I won’t give up!

11 minutes ago, nkroolik said:

Thanks a lot for detailed answer! I will try with Lawson and then with Twitter, but I am not active there so I am afraid it can be a barrier. But I won’t give up!

Good luck!

It might be easier* to get tickets to the shows in Shanghai if that’s an option you’d consider, though as it’s a first I have no idea what the ticketing system is like. 

(*as in less barriers built into the ticket system. I’m sure it will be quite a battle with a lot of scalpers.)

On 12/25/2019 at 6:23 PM, yumeaki said:

On 12/25/2019 at 7:25 PM, SparkleSalad said:

I think there’d be riots if he skipped Japan but went to China. If they announce Il Volo I think we can assume he’ll go even if they leave the announcement as late as they usually do.

Not sure if these are maximum capacity or just stands but Japanese venues are:

Makuhari - 9,000

Kobe - 8,000

Niigata - 6,000

Shizuoka - 10,000

The capacity of Japanese venues should be smaller because these are the maximum capacity when they use the whole arena as spectators' seats. For ice shows, their capacity will probably be like this:

Makuhari - 5000-6000
Kobe - 4000
Shizuoka - 6000-7000
*Not sure about Niigata since they always build the spectators' stands purely for FaOI

Shanghai Oriental Sports Center will be the biggest-ever venue for FaOI.

15 minutes ago, Maggie13579 said:

I got a feeling that FAOI Shang Hai might be cancelled due to coronavirus.

What do you guys think?

It’s a possibility unfortunately.

Regarding the possibility of cancelling the Shanghai stop, here is some information about how other events may be affected:

Spoiler

Shanghai authorities recommend suspending all sports event in city, putting F1 GP in doubt

Reuters has reported that the Shanghai sports authorities have recommended the suspension of all sporting events in the city due to the coronavirus outbreak, casting further doubt on whether the Chinese Formula One Grand Prix will take place. 

The fourth grand prix of the season is scheduled for 19 April. The race was expected to be on the agenda at a Formula One Strategy Group meeting on Wednesday amid increasing speculation that it could join the growing list of sports events already postponed or cancelled. 

The Shanghai Sports General Association called on sports organisers to “strictly abide by the requirement of the Shanghai Sports Bureau to stop organising sports events during the epidemic.” 

It said, in a statement translated by Reuters, that all sports events should be suspended “until the epidemic is over.” 

Some Formula One insiders hold out little hope of the race happening.

Source: The Guardian