Thread #1000 - Messages to Yuzu

yuzuangel

Okay, here:

" Dear Mr. Hanyu,

It's been wonderful watching you skate so far. Thank you for continuing to do so. 

Please continue skating and competing as long as you want to. Know that all of us, your fans, will support you, even though we worry about you and pray for your health. 

I can't thank you enough for all the joy you've brought to my life, just by watching you from afar. And not so afar - I was very privileged to watch you skate in person at ACI 2019 and SCI 2019, and will be in the arena cheering for you from the high rows, section 116, for Worlds 2020. 

You make us all proud to be your fans. Do what you want to do in skating, go as far as you can think of (safely - let's have no more injuries.) Do all the things that only you can do. 

With my best regards and lots of loud cheering and poster-waving,

rockstaryuzu"

How's that? :hihi:

I will try, too!

Dear Yuzu,

It was an honor and a privilege to follow your career since WC Nice 2012! Discovering your beautiful skating  it was a revelation. I was just a casual figure skating watcher but when I fist saw you skating Etude I became interested. And then, with Romeo and Juliet 1, everything was sealed. I've became a fan of the sport and yours.

Unfortunately, I've never had the chance to see you perform live but even through streams and broadcasts I was mesmerized and inspired.

Thank you for all your wonderful performances, in competitions and shows! 

I'm so grateful because after all your amazing achievements you still find the motivation to go on. I'm so proud to be your fan and I will continue to support you forever.

I wish you all the happiness in the world and please, take care of yourself and stay healthy. Nothing else matters more.

With love and respect,

ralucutzagy

That's a great idea ! Here's mine :) 

Dear Yuzu,

I've found out about you on February 15th 2014, the day after your free skate in Sochi, and fell in love with your skating right away. Actually the first skate I saw was your flawed Romeo and Juliet 2, but what I loved about you from the start was both your capacity to create beauty on the ice, as well as getting up and soldiering on every time you fell. That's what I still love and admire about you. You are such a unique, beautiful and strong person and athlete, and yet you are not perfect: you have your own weaknesses and limits, but you have this extraordinary capacity to use them in order to overcome them, and in this sense, you are a role model to me. 

I have had the chance to see you live twice: at GPF Marseille in 2016 and GPF Torino this year. Every time I lived the free skate with you and was touched by your dedication on the ice. You have transcended this sport to make it pure art, so much so that every time  I see you skate, something sings in my heart. It also feels like every time you hurt or you ache on the ice, I do too to some degree: maybe because it feels like you give so much of yourself that you create a connection with those who are touched by your skating. Thank you so much for being the person that you are, with so much dedication, humility and integrity, and for what you've been giving us through all these years. Don't forget that the most important thing is being true to yourself and your ideals, but also being healthy and happy, and that we will be supporting you through the highs and lows.

With much love and respect,

Terrapin

Dear Yuzuru

I am your fan since I saw you on TV skating at World 2012 in Nice, France and you winning your Bronze medal.

Since then,I have followed your skating live on on the internet to watch your programs, always supporting you with cheers and in spirit.

I have seen so much happiness with your skating, winning the Gold Medal in Sochi 2014, in Peongchang 2018, and in many other  competitions .

I will go to World 2020 in Montreal to support you.

I wish you Good Health, Happiness and Peace for the New Year 2020.

Good Luck.

Vadrouille

Love this idea! Here goes...

Our dear Yuzuru, 

I’ve been your fan for some time now (dates always seems to leave me...what a bummer) and I’d like to tell you that you’ve made such a huge impression on my life.

I am currently under the process of being officially diagnosed with a condition called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, which makes joints loose and very delicate. I was once very passionate about skating, and that’s all I wanted to do, but now I have no such ability. Watching you skate and being able to be as close to you as you let your fans makes me feel as though I’m able to be part of what I always wanted to when I was little!

So from watching your programs when I can’t sleep from the chronic pain to sneaking glimpses at you live online during class (sorry to all my teachers, but it had to be done), I hope you can continue to do what you love and be happy and healthy!

We’ll always watch over you as your satellites! I hope to see you skate in person soon (I’m only a province away! Join me in the land of Pooh!!) but until then, keep warm, sleep well, and think happy thoughts!

がんばって、

Ireland

Yaaaay this thread is a great idea (really?? there's a thousand threads??!)

Hi Yuzuru!

I wrote a little poem a while ago, after Helsinki GP in 2018, about what it felt like to watch you skate in person - really I'd love to write a song about you (to guitar) but I am not practiced or skilled at songwriting - If I had your determination I might start now and get lots of practice and produce something magical (haha if only!)..... but life tends to get in the way of the dreams I have, so a poem it is!  I hope you like it!

Dreams of Feathers and Bowstrings

The pull on our heartstrings,

It’s you!

We’re anticipating

Just watching and waiting 

For you!

And the moment that comes

When you walk in the space that

we share,

It’s full of excitement,

Electricity hums in 

the air.

Your presence delights us!

We check out your costume,

Your hair!

(It might appear shallow,

But it’s part of our love and 

our care!)

It's part of YOUR love and 

your care that you spend

precious time, 

Making sure that every 

detail is perfect,

Just fine.

We like to appreciate

the things that you do, we're

your fans!

From the lip synch to anime

songs, to the gloves on

your hands!

We wait for the moment 

of truth; You stand and 

prepare,

All eyes are on you 

(but I try with my might not 

to stare!)

You glide out on your stage

And the audience cheer loud 

and high,

The starting position, 

A hush descends now,

Watch us die!!

We get lost in the story

The feelings you show, they’re 

a truth,

And we’re right there beside you

We feel the emotion 

with you.

Of course we’re in love with you

I can’t see how else it

could be,

For the beauty and grace 

and the power, that’s what we 

all see.

As the music approaches

the climax of your

heartfelt dance,

There’s not a dry eye in

the house, we’re caught up in 

a trance!

The stadium rings out in

applause, and then up from

above

the Poohs they rain down on 

the ice as we show you 

our love 💕 

The gala comes next and

we wonder what programme

you'll skate,

We're holding our breath, will it 

be LGC? Let's 

just wait!

And you don't disappoint,

Swanyu dances;  Sakura

she floats,

There is never a doubt in 

our minds that we've witnessed

the G.O.A.T.!!

Watching you skate like this,

loving each thing that

you do.

That, Yuzuru, is the

wonder, the Magic

that’s You 💓

I will be supporting you for as long as you put on those skating boots and grace the ice! Thank you so much for our wonderful Christmas present of SEIMEI - it was everything I love about the way that you skate to music.

It may be crazy to say this but as a one week old fan of Yuzuru Hanyu, he literally saved my 2019.

2019 has been an awful year for me. I've been away from my family for almost the entire year. I've been sick a lot of times, even recently.

I've been down, frustrated, smashed, stressed, mocked and I even gained a lot of weight, which is a disadvantage for me.

But seeing how Yuzu's hardship had been for this year, and he still managed to smile and laugh, be cute, gave me a lot of encouragement and strength.

When I was a kid, I really loved watching figure skating competitions since its really magical for me. After so many years, I just randomly searched figure skating on Youtube and BOOM! I was so lucky to discover this amazing angel.

All I can say is, this year may have been harsh but welcoming 2020 will be exciting for me. Thanks to Yuzu-senshu😊😊😊

Some may not understand my ways of life and how I enjoy it but hey, I am a normal person like you. We just have different ways of expressing ourselves and I am normally weird so yeah, I am happy.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. 😊

P.s. It makes me really happy to watch Yuzu's Hello, I love you at FoI2015. And whenever I want to be inspired, his Seimei at JNat hits the spot.

Lovelots♥

Jenny

Dearest Yuzuru,

I rediscovered my love for this sport through Johnny Weir and his 2010 Olympic performances, which led me to go see him compete in Finland in 2012, and to my surprise and awe I discovered there a young Japanese skater just starting to catch fire. I could tell immediately, you would be an Olympic champion. It was a rough but beautiful performance and when you fell on the ice after the FS it was clear you had just given everything you had to pull that off. That was the first time I attended a competition, and such a privilege to be at the only event you and Johnny competed together during his career. I was also amazed to see after the Victory ceremony when you were patching the ice with the volunteers, still wearing your costume and without even a jacket on. Such a thoughtful and humble action by the champion, and after all these years it is clearly just a typical 'Yuzuru Hanyu' thing to do. 

Since then I've been to as many of your competitions as I can manage (10 so far!!! Bringing the whole family to Montreal!) and it is always an immense pleasure and a privilege. Gold or Silver (how amazing it is always one of those 2?!), I am never disappointed. It's hard not to be sad when you bring home silver, because I know you are disappointed in yourself, but your performances are ALWAYS GOLDEN!! Always a treasure!

Thank you so much for continuing to compete, for continuing to grow and improve. I hope you can continue to get stronger, land that Quad Axel, and be happy in your skating life. You deserve ONLY the best, you have always given us ONLY your best. When people say to you, 'it's okay if you don't win, you are already double Oly champion, it is enough to try'- it's not because your past glories make you worth watching. It's because (win or lose) you are still improving, still perfecting, still getting stronger, still a pleasure to watch.

I hope someday when you are done competing I can see you skate in Continues With Wings, in Japan, or maybe even in North America??? Praying for your health and happiness, along with your hundreds of thousands (millions??) of fans. We Love You Forever!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Dear Yuzuru,

Not sure if or when you may get to read this (or never), I just want to share a few words as I have been speechless for over a week since coming back from 4CC where you completed the Super Slam...

It was an amazing journey when I started to recognise your name and you as a 2OGM skater today two years ago.  

Spoiler

By chance I saw your diamond performance at PC which triggered my curiosity to watch more and more (while I was v sick at home that following week).. it was just unstoppable... for not just your performance but also your fights against the different complex dramatic events /incidents you have had on and off the ice all the way... so touching that somehow I could relate to my own journey from 2013 onwards, although I did not know you then, I felt somehow we have shared similar ups and downs around same timings those years coincidentally... suddenly I felt I am not alone and it is no longer that scary..  then gradually recovering from depression in 17/18 and grieve from the loss of my beloved mother bit by bit... and regaining strength to carry on little by little.  Thank You So Much.

So I started the rollercoaster rides with you for competitions in the last 24 months.  And a year after PC, I went Sendai last Feb to try feel your home-land where you grew up and started figure skating.  Just before two year from PC, I had the luck to get 4CC ticket and saw your competition live last week.  Indeed it was such a privilege and honour to be there, witnessing the Chopin comeback, making of the advanced Seimei and the legendary View of Silence.  Literally I was busy watching with my own eyes, holding my phone camera in my shaking-hands, having my breathes taken away for minutes, in shocks with no words at all... (hence I could not chat on this PH for days and days until now...).  I still don't know how to describe or comprehend such feelings... perhaps in a total state where heart and minds are all stolen...

:headdesk2:

Thanks very much again for being there and being yourself, even if you don't know me /us and you don't need to act for anyone else but yourself.  Remember you are loved, not just because you can win /have won /will win again, but also because you work hard, have the great attitudes towards people, life and the sports, and can lose /can afford to lose too - believe you are the only one who dances gracefully regardless if it is at the top of peak or bottom of valley.

”Success is not final; failure is not fetal; it is the courage to continue that counts.”  After all, life is such a long journey, so you don’t need to win every battle.  To continue with wings, you may still choose different types of feathers, size of wings, distance to travel, destinations to reach and number of checkpoints in between... The future is bright and remains unlimited..

My favourite Pooh sayings:  “Rivers know this.  There is no hurry.  We will get there some day”.

Hope you are Happy and Healthy.

May all your wishes come true.  

Stand with you.  :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw: :mushroom5: :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Dear Yuzu,

You may never read this, but I admire you so much and you have made such a positive impact on my life.

Your skating itself is such art and definitely one of the most exquisitely beautiful things I have ever seen! I admire you as a person as well: your determination and strength has really inspired me to push through adversity in my life and I do hope one day I can get to meet you and thank you for being such an inspirational role model ❤️

11 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

@PoohandYuzu you finally got to see him skate with your own eyes!!! I'm so pleased and excited for you!

Yes luckily!  And I still feel I was in a dream, all are unbelievable, and I cant really tell or describe in words his performance or him, a Real and yet so Special person on this earth (despite just seeing him from afar)...

I wont be able to go Montreal next or other competitions or ice-shows soon as it is really difficult and also a matter of luck to get tickets, but think he can feel the many of us out there supporting and cheering for him, no matter where we are or what the results will be.  Yuzu, please continue to have fun skating, enjoy the Pooh rains and do whatever you like!  Thanks again for allowing me/us to join the 2nd half of your journey post-PC indeed.