sallycinnamon

[2019] Japanese Nationals (18-22.12) - Gala

7 часов назад, LadyLou сказал:

Wait wait wait! I was in 113 too 😱 we missed each other 😱😱😱

But yeah during whole victory ceremony I was behind Yuzu and the medallists and I took care to keep my planet banner visible, idk if it has appeared in pics but if there is somewhere the beautiful design by @wyell (with half head emerging from behind it) that would be me 🤣🤣🤣 (after all I preferred my banner to be more visible than my face lol... Actually I have still not searched for myself in the background of vids and pics lmao kinda scared if I actually can find myself there)

Yeah during the final lap Yuzuru took care to look at us in the audience! The feeling when he looks in your direction really is a Moment. Heck I can't know if he really saw *me* among everyone cheering but it was still meaningful, to me. In thar *Moment* I really felt that he could *see* me and to him it mattered to say thank you to us one by one:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

And him saying that he felt a connection with us...you know, Yuzu is someone who (as Joseph said) is just so loveable, he makes it so easy to love him and he also gives so much back. Well, he might have felt a little embarrassed at the sheer difference in enthusiasm we, as audience, showed when cheering for him vs the others (though no skater was left without loud cheers), but I hope it made him happy to know that our support doesn't change despite big point gaps and lost gold :201111231756430f6:

I was sitting at the side, above the skaters' entrance, so I saw Yuzu at the side, too. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think he was embarrassed. To me it seemed more like "Shouldn't you cheer louder for the winner? No? Okay then". He tried to act politely towards Nathan there, but I think he still enjoyed it quite a lot.

And yeah, before the competition I expected to act calmly, "in a grownup way", so to say, :meditationf: and then there I was, screaming my heart out and waving my banner with everybody else to show him how amazing he is, and that he is by no means alone.

14 hours ago, glilikoi said:

As you would expect, the things he says in this interview are quite sad. To summarise briefly, he says

- He doesn't really remember/can't express how his performance felt

- He feels a sense of loss and a distance between the skate he's imagining and his current ability

- This seems to be a period of struggling with painful things

- People keep telling him that 'it's okay because you're already a legend, there's meaning in the things you do', but being told that only makes him more kuyashii - like 'this is no good, I don't want to become fossilised, I want to keep moving'. In the end he says he wants to have a comeback/triumph, or rather, to be able to give a good performance. 

What really broke my heart was that he was smiling all the way through this revealing, difficult conversation :cri:

Please, God, keep this boy safe and healthy and grant him all his wishes! :10636614: 

Sorry to bother with these questions but I'm helpless :59227c768286a__s: I have to go out again (no holidays for me :cry:) and I'm afraid to miss the rerun of the Gala again, can somebody please tell me when Fuji will stream the event today?

23 minutes ago, alwaysafan said:

Sorry to bother with these questions but I'm helpless :59227c768286a__s: I have to go out again (no holidays for me :cry:) and I'm afraid to miss the rerun of the Gala again, can somebody please tell me when Fuji will stream the event today?

BS Fuji will only show the full MOI on 29 Dec (JST 7pm).  Maybe not full since it's only 2 hours. 

I don't think there is anything special today except re-run of Men's SP group 4 and 5 on CS FujiTV.

Just now, yumeaki said:

BS Fuji will only show the full MOI on 29 Dec (JST 7pm).  Maybe not full since it's only 2 hours. 

I don't think there is anything special today except re-run of Men's SP group 4 and 5 on CS FujiTV.

Lol here I am getting it wrong as usual :redface: Thank you for the answer!!

12 hours ago, liv said:

Awww... what a beautiful Seimei. I love the jumps in the competitive program version, but this version is skated with more feeling and attention to the music, hitting better positions.... and returning to those back cross rolls... ah, how I missed those. Something so simple is so powerful/impactful.. thankful he brought them back for this program.

Lovely, Yuzu. Just lovely. Thank you.

Today's Seimei had EVERYTHING I wished for:

1. BACKWARD CROSSROLLS!!!!!!!!

2. Loved the detail with the shadows of the four mythical guardians!!!

3. Perfect balance of jumps and performance

4. Very strong and expressive positions

5. Dimmed light that highlighed the costume perfectly!

Yes, this is my all time favorite Seimei!!!!!!

Independent from recent events I still have a very soft spot for Origin. When everything comes together, it's so incredibly powerful! My only concern is the starting pose and the headbang at the beginning. I would sweat blood and tears to keep that opening pose for so many seconds and not slip off or fall over. Imagine, if the referee mixed up your music and you had to stay in that uncomfortable position for ten or fifteen seconds like it happened to Aymoz in Torino or other skaters in the past... You would run out of power, before the program has even started. I really think that in competition Yuzu would be better off with another starting pose.

The headbang is another very tricky program detail. If Yuzu hits the note perfectly, it's great, but if not, it seems to mess up his focus before the first jump. Do you feel the same? I would definitely change these two details and minimize the stress before the opening jump as much as possible. I don't think that it would harm the overall artistic impression of the program at all.

6 hours ago, Shimmering said:

I was sitting at the side, above the skaters' entrance, so I saw Yuzu at the side, too. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think he was embarrassed. To me it seemed more like "Shouldn't you cheer louder for the winner? No? Okay then". He tried to act politely towards Nathan there, but I think he still enjoyed it quite a lot.

And yeah, before the competition I expected to act calmly, "in a grownup way", so to say, :meditationf: and then there I was, screaming my heart out and waving my banner with everybody else to show him how amazing he is, and that he is by no means alone.

I really hope that was exactly the case, that he tried to act politely out of respect  for Nate, but he really felt our love and support and enjoyed it and it made him happy!!!!! 🙏💜💖❤ I have to say that if I could - I would've screamed literally ALL the time Yuzu is there and not skating the program, where he needs concentration, but the audience cheers and then stops so fast... I mean, it's such a miracle to see him live, I really would've screamed non-stop 😁😊😇

14 hours ago, LadyLou said:

during the final lap Yuzuru took care to look at us in the audience! The feeling when he looks in your direction really is a Moment. Heck I can't know if he really saw *me* among everyone cheering but it was still meaningful, to me. In thar *Moment* I really felt that he could *see* me and to him it mattered to say thank you to us one by one:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

And him saying that he felt a connection with us...you know, Yuzu is someone who (as Joseph said) is just so loveable, he makes it so easy to love him and he also gives so much back. Well, he might have felt a little embarrassed at the sheer difference in enthusiasm we, as audience, showed when cheering for him vs the others (though no skater was left without loud cheers), but I hope it made him happy to know that our support doesn't change despite big point gaps and lost gold 

I could not have said it better myself!!! 🙏 that was such an icredible Moment when Yuzu took care to look at us, the audience!!! I don't think he can really catch every face, but I know I was there, in the sea of friendly loving faces and that's truly amazing feeling! Yuzu always says how he appreciates all the people who are watching at home, but being there and feeling he is looking at you and it matters to him - that is undescribable 🙏💖💜

By the way, I noticed that in MOI the first row is literally on ice, people are soooo close to the skaters, no bars or glass barriers, and in Turino we were pushed sooo rudely by the security stuff just for coming closer to the glass barriers 😣

Reterning to JNats, I was so heartbroken seeing him in so much phisical & mental pain... I was thinking - why, why did he come here, he knew he was absolutely exausted, he deliberately said that he could not condition himself for this competition whatever the reasons (fatigue, astma)... and then came the magical Seimei 🙏😍 after FS Yuzu said there is nothing positive to take from this competition, but I really feel it's the power - phisical and mental power - a day after so much pain, to rise stronger and more breathtaking than ever before!!!!!!! That's why he is a living Legend, he never ceases to amaze us!!! Let the 2020 be kinder to him and to all of us!!! 🙏💜💜👑

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

The headbang is another very tricky program detail. If Yuzu hits the note perfectly, it's great, but if not, it seems to mess up his focus before the first jump. Do you feel the same? I would definitely change these two details and minimize the stress before the opening jump as much as possible. I don't think that it would harm the overall artistic impression of the program at all.

I think it's more a sign that his focus is already off, given how good his musicality is. Perhaps he's worrying so much about his jumps or something that he misses the timing. 

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Today's Seimei had EVERYTHING I wished for:

1. BACKWARD CROSSROLLS!!!!!!!!

2. Loved the detail with the shadows of the four mythical guardians!!!

3. Perfect balance of jumps and performance

4. Very strong and expressive positions

5. Dimmed light that highlighed the costume perfectly!

Yes, this is my all time favorite Seimei!!!!!!

Independent from recent events I still have a very soft spot for Origin. When everything comes together, it's so incredibly powerful! My only concern is the starting pose and the headbang at the beginning. I would sweat blood and tears to keep that opening pose for so many seconds and not slip off or fall over. Imagine, if the referee mixed up your music and you had to stay in that uncomfortable position for ten or fifteen seconds like it happened to Aymoz in Torino or other skaters in the past... You would run out of power, before the program has even started. I really think that in competition Yuzu would be better off with another starting pose.

the headbang to me sets the whole mood for Origin,it's funny but you can guess how it's going to be from there.....Yuzuru's program in general(and Origin in particular)have extremely complex coreo and layout,like exact pieces of a pizzle,when one is missing it messes with the whole thing.

Seimei will alway have a specialplace in my heart but Origin has it too.They are two completely different things,I associate Seimei with a sense of calm coming from someone with great power and who's able to focus even in the middle of the storm.

With Origin I feel the labour of the creation(birth?) and the total chaos,but in a positive way.

Seimei knows his power,Origin is still experimenting with it.

Which I realize doesn't make sense because Yuzuru skated Seimei 1st,but that's the feeling I get.

55 minutes ago, mercedes said:

the headbang to me sets the whole mood for Origin,it's funny but you can guess how it's going to be from there.....Yuzuru's program in general(and Origin in particular)have extremely complex coreo and layout,like exact pieces of a pizzle,when one is missing it messes with the whole thing.

Seimei will alway have a specialplace in my heart but Origin has it too.They are two completely different things,I associate Seimei with a sense of calm coming from someone with great power and who's able to focus even in the middle of the storm.

With Origin I feel the labour of the creation(birth?) and the total chaos,but in a positive way.

Seimei knows his power,Origin is still experimenting with it.

Which I realize doesn't make sense because Yuzuru skated Seimei 1st,but that's the feeling I get.

I have a similiar feeling:

Seimei appeared more finished from the beginning, because Yuzu skated two very very strong programs early in the debut season at NHK and GPF 2015. You had this feeling: it can't get much better than that. Yuzu somehow managed to improve and polish the choreo in the Olympic season, but the standard has been stellar high already. There was not much room to grow anymore.

In Origin I can see the continuous process and development, but I know that we haven't seen its final form yet. It's still growing and changing and waiting for its first compelety clean performance. It's a bit similar to H&L ,where we had to wait 7 performances until the magic moment in Helsinki. This time we have to wait even longer, but that makes the whole story of Origin even more exciting.

And yes, I agree that this headbang determines the mood and direction of Origin. It feels like the whole program literally stands and falls with this one headbang (and that's why it always scares the shit out of me, when I watch live :68468287:).

LOL Yuzu went to take a pic with Eteri during GPF, or was it the other way round? He seemed so scared of her, like everybody else :xD:

Also Yuzu wished everyone Merry Christmas!