sallycinnamon

[2019] Japanese Nationals (18-22.12) - Gala

18 minutes ago, raebia said:

I saw Origin live in Helsinki and I loved it. It seemed to me to be something he really wanted to express. It is a genuine „Yuzuru“ to me as well as Seimei.

It felt like creation and fire and it was gorgeous. 

Because of this experience in Helsinki I have a very soft spot for Origin:-).

But yes, it is demanding and the 5 quad version..wow. 

Well we will see. 

I will always regret not having seen Seimei live. 

This must be undescribable.

Similarly to you, I saw Origin live in Helsinki, and was deeply impressed by it. I still think it has a lot of potential as a program, and when it works, it's very powerful - a completely different energy from either H&L or Seimei. 

I think my interpretation of Origin has a lot to do with the context. Programs keep evolving every performance, particularly in Yuzu's case, because he's so meticulous, and these various versions and experiences all become accumulated as layers in the program. This is naturally amplified with recycled programs, because there are so many more performances to draw from. So when I think about Seimei, for example, I'm basically thinking about the whole journey, including the highs and lows of the 2015-2016 season and its 'crystallisation' at Pyeongchang. That was such a long and emotional process, and all of those experiences are embedded within the program. With Origin, conversely, it's kind of become associated with the difficulties of the post-Pyeongchang cycle so far. I think these seasons have been really tough for him both physically and mentally - struggling with more injuries and inconsistent motivation, striving for the 4A but facing lots of setbacks. I don't really like thinking about these larger 'narratives' - they are artificial and shift all the time, with things being interpreted and re-interpreted based on new events. Whenever Yuzu skates, I want to just focus on his performance. But when I think about Origin, I still can't separate it from all the difficult things that have happened in these last two seasons. I hope Yuzu will be able to somehow 'exorcise' these difficulties in the second half of the season, like what happened with Seimei at Pyeongchang - or if not, just confidently move on to something different. 

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

Interview with Yuzu after his performance during MOI:

How do you feel now after performing your program?
-Actually, I was very tensed. After all, I myself have a deep attachment to the program, so it took enormous courage to perform it from the beginning even if it was a shortened version because I didn't want to ruin good memories. So I was pretty much tensed. However, in the end, I could deliver a performance that I could feel good to have performed it, so I am very happy.
-Next year, I will do my best to make it a good year for those who support me as well, and ultimately for myself, to be able to do what I want to do,  to satisfy myself, to show what I can do to the full, in as much competition as possible.

Thank you very much. It was Hanyu senshu.
-Thank you very much. Wish you a happy new year!

Thank you for your translation :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

And a thousand times YES, Yuzu, do things for yourself, what make you feel fulfilled and happy. How you feel is what matters!

I am sad that I couldn't watch live in the end (and my usual downloader is being unruly today and refuses to download, so had to go for a gd version while waiting to get the YT ones and see which one has higher definition lol) and I still haven't watched it properly but..gosh, Yuzu!!!:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

(But also, from close up to his face/eyes he doesn't look really well, deadly tired at least)

You know, for how much some people complain that he doesn't skates to new programs, the care he put into this ex version of Seimei...I can feel his dedication, to the music, to the programs, and to us too:10742289: 

that care, and for a ex, is so rare and so meaningful and despite crazy schedule and who knows what else Yuzu still felt like giving us so much :tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

(anyway re: next year, I think he literally refers to 2020 and next part of this season, not to next season already...so I am not jumping to conclusions re: his future plans:67638860:)

2 hours ago, alwaysafan said:

Today he fought hard to give us something beautiful and from the heart. That's why I love him. It was a difficult day for me too, but knowing that there's such a shining soul facing adversity yet gifting others with his talent has helped me being strong. I hope to see him live again someday. I will fight for my goal too. Thank you for being such an inspiraton, Yuzu! You don't know me, but you sure heard me in Turin after the medal ceremony - when I screamed myself hoarse among others :jester: We made him turn and get embarrassed, but what the hell. At least we fans really drilled how much we are there for him, and I'm so glad he finally felt our affection.  

Oh, you put my feelings into words so beautifuly and eloquently! Yuzu blessing us with his magic performace and giving us strength! And the hope to see him live again some day!!!😍🙏 I was also there, in Turino, and shouted as loudly as I could... that moment at the victory ceremony, when we, the fans, cheered so hard and he turned and was surprised - for me that was of the best moments of GPF - when he felt our love and support!!! 😍👏💖💜

1 hour ago, fyere0 said:

Gosh. This is not to disparage Origin in any way because there have been so many challenges involved in the development and stabilizing of that program, but watching Seimei after watching Origin, even the best Origin, is like getting food with salt and a dash of hot sauce after not being allowed any seasoning for a year and a half. Seimei IS Yuzu.

:agree2:

3 minutes ago, Annie19 said:

Oh, you put my feelings into words so beautifuly and eloquently! Yuzu blessing us with his magic performace and giving us strength! And the hope to see him live again some day!!!😍🙏 I was also there, in Turino, and shouted as loudly as I could... that moment at the victory ceremony, when we, the fans, cheered so hard and he turned and was surprised - for me that was of the best moments of GPF - when he felt our love and support!!! 😍👏💖💜

I'm so glad another fan from the Planet was there! I was directly behind Yuzu when he turned. It was my first time seeing him and I wanted to make it count. To me, it was important that what we felt for him could reach him. I could only scream my heart out and I did, and I'm glad others joined in. I was actually surprised when he turned because I thought he was used to people being a bit crazed :redface: I was almost thinking it was too much but when I read that he said he felt connected with the people in Turin and could actually understand how much we care for him, well, it was everything I hoped as a fan and more. It's always beautiful being reciprocated! (I was seated in row 113 by the way) :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

15 minutes ago, alwaysafan said:

I'm so glad another fan from the Planet was there! I was directly behind Yuzu when he turned. It was my first time seeing him and I wanted to make it count. To me, it was important that what we felt for him could reach him. I could only scream my heart out and I did, and I'm glad others joined in. I was actually surprised when he turned because I thought he was used to people being a bit crazed :redface: I was almost thinking it was too much but when I read that he said he felt connected with the people in Turin and could actually understand how much we care for him, well, it was everything I hoped as a fan and more. It's always beautiful being reciprocated! (I was seated in row 113 by the way) :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

I know that there were actually a lot of Planet satelites in Turino 😊 I was seating in 110 sector and it was my secong time seing Yuzu live, my first one was in Helsinki last year and as far as I remember, there was definately more cheering for him in Turino, especially at the victory ceremony, it was such an amazing moment! IMHO, it was super important to let him know that he has our support after the awufulness of the judging, the infuriating gap in the scores 🤬 and the camera man really helped us, as he was showing mostly Yuzu during the VC and it gave us the opportunity to show our affection! I have to say that in this case I feel - the more, the better, and I don't really care how it makes the other skaters feel, I'm sorry. And Yuzu was sooo amazing, as he went alone for the victory lap around the rink, slowly, trying to aknowledge and wave at every fan... that was unbelievable! It was a really special moment & so heartwarming that he spoke about how he felt our support - that's just priceless! How incredibly blessed we are - to support him and to see him skate live! And it's so great to share our feelings here - thank you so much for that 🙏💜💖

10 minutes ago, Annie19 said:

I know that there were actually a lot of Planet satelites in Turino 😊 I was seating in 110 sector and it was my secong time seing Yuzu live, my first one was in Helsinki last year and as far as I remember, there was definately more cheering for him in Turino, especially at the victory ceremony, it was such an amazing moment! IMHO, it was super important to let him know that he has our support after the awufulness of the judging, the infuriating gap in the scores 🤬 and the camera man really helped us, as he was showing mostly Yuzu during the VC and it gave us the opportunity to show our affection! I have to say that in this case I feel - the more, the better, and I don't really care how it makes the other skaters feel, I'm sorry. And Yuzu was sooo amazing, as he went alone for the victory lap around the rink, slowly, trying to aknowledge and wave at every fan... that was unbelievable! It was a really special moment & so heartwarming that he spoke about how he felt our support - that's just priceless! How incredibly blessed we are - to support him and to see him skate live! And it's so great to share our feelings here - thank you so much for that 🙏💜💖

I agree with everything! It was truly an enchanting moment and I almost couldn't believe it was actually happening. I felt so lucky and I'm happy to know others had the same experience. Also, to hear from Yuzu himself that he holds Turin - and its public - in a special place in his heart is truly the icing on the cake. I hope maybe we can meet in another competition! :10742289:

3 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

3 hours ago, Yuzupu said:

Our kindest Pino is uploading parts of the Gala. There are glimpses of the practice in the opening. Yuzu was so cute in it.

oh my thank thnk you both...I'm dling before it's too late!!

2 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Interview with Yuzu after his performance during MOI:

How do you feel now after performing your program?
-Actually, I was very tensed. After all, I myself have a deep attachment to the program, so it took enormous courage to perform it from the beginning even if it was a shortened version because I didn't want to ruin good memories. So I was pretty much tensed. However, in the end, I could deliver a performance that I could feel good to have performed it, so I am very happy.
-Next year, I will do my best to make it a good year for those who support me as well, and ultimately for myself, to be able to do what I want to do,  to satisfy myself, to show what I can do to the full, in as much competition as possible.

Thank you very much. It was Hanyu senshu.
-Thank you very much. Wish you a happy new year!

thank you for every single translation you kindly shared with us:tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

I was at work so of course I couldn't watch....but but  Seimei,I think i'm speechless by the beauty of it....Yuzuru this is really a gift !

Also please keep moving ,your past is the stuff of legend that's true but everything flows and ultimately for yourself ,you deserve it!!

1 hour ago, raebia said:

I saw Origin live in Helsinki and I loved it. It seemed to me to be something he really wanted to express. It is a genuine „Yuzuru“ to me as well as Seimei.

It felt like creation and fire and it was gorgeous. 

Because of this experience in Helsinki I have a very soft spot for Origin:-).

But yes, it is demanding and the 5 quad version..wow. 

Well we will see. 

I will always regret not having seen Seimei live. 

This must be undescribable.

I have read from a lot of people that Origin is much more impactful live because it's more abstract and needs Yuzu's presence/aura to 'animate' it (same with H&L), while Seimei translates really well both live and through a screen because it's a stronger character program. I've never seen Yuzu perform live and I'm kind of wistful that I know I'm missing something fundamental, like watching a movie version of a play written for the stage. At least we have the internet to see him. :D 

37 minutes ago, alwaysafan said:

I agree with everything! It was truly an enchanting moment and I almost couldn't believe it was actually happening. I felt so lucky and I'm happy to know others had the same experience. Also, to hear from Yuzu himself that he holds Turin - and its public - in a special place in his heart is truly the icing on the cake. I hope maybe we can meet in another competition! :10742289:

Even now I am not sure it actually happened to me in reality, and not in some dream or fantasy 🙃😍 sharing the experience is truly heartwarming, I really hope we can meet in another competition in the future! Let Yuzu stay in***ry free and continue skating for his own and our happiness by extension 🙏💖💜

Awww... what a beautiful Seimei. I love the jumps in the competitive program version, but this version is skated with more feeling and attention to the music, hitting better positions.... and returning to those back cross rolls... ah, how I missed those. Something so simple is so powerful/impactful.. thankful he brought them back for this program.

Lovely, Yuzu. Just lovely. Thank you.

9 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

I have read from a lot of people that Origin is much more impactful live because it's more abstract and needs Yuzu's presence/aura to 'animate' it (same with H&L), while Seimei translates really well both live and through a screen because it's a stronger character program. I've never seen Yuzu perform live and I'm kind of wistful that I know I'm missing something fundamental, like watching a movie version of a play written for the stage. At least we have the internet to see him. :D 

As I have not seen Seimei live I cannot really tell. But it sure translates through the screen:-)

I find your thoughts very interesting: 

in addition I think the atmosphere of a packed arena suits Origin very well perhaps. Seimei, to me, has a strong, quiet power and strength. Origin is wild and fierce to me, or so it felt to me in the arena.

I have to go to bed now, wich is a pity after this great evening with Seimei, would love to think more about it. But there is this long day tomorrow..good night!