sallycinnamon

[2019] Japanese Nationals (18-22.12) - Gala

1 minute ago, glilikoi said:

- He feels a sense of loss and a distance between the skate he's imagining and his current ability

The thing with this is that we saw he can do it at Skate Canada. It must be so frustrating for him to know what he's capable of and to fall short of reaching that standard during competition. (I personally know how frustrating it is to never reveal your best when it counts - there were a few occasions when I was an athlete when I did remarkably better in training than I ever did in competition and I never ended up reaching that standard in competition.) It must be especially hard for this to be happening when everyone is breathing down his neck about retirement and in the face of this narrative of him being a toppled king fading out. 

5 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Rika Hatasaki

dutghkcwd Who is this? Momoka?

hm, Yuma’s modern, “innovative” program compares quite well to certain other modern, “innovative” programs

he does have really good skating skills and it shows

3 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

What was yuzu carrying?? He looked like he was going exploring, or vacuuming :68468287:

maybe his foam roll? I don't remember what it turned out to be but there was discussion about why it looked like he had a sword on his back in some airport photos before and people figured out it was some device for training

5 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

maybe his foam roll? I don't remember what it turned out to be but there was discussion about why it looked like he had a sword on his back in some airport photos before and people figured out it was some device for training

Ah makes sense, my first thought was 'why is he wearing a vacuumer on his back??' until i realized that line of thought made exactly 0% sense lmao 

Yuzu singing his heart out in the group number... he can become a wildly successful j pop star at any second he likes, am i right or am i right? :xD: