sallycinnamon

[2019] Japanese Nationals - Men Free Skating

If he were my little brother or cousin or something though, I'd be preparing both a full programme of pampering and spoiling to get him back on his feet and feeling great again, and also a good solid lecture for the 4Lz attempts when he was already so exhausted and physically not as up to his own standards as usual.

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

We will know when he does the tenth anniversary of CiONTU.

Maybe 4A practice busted his boots. And because of his tight schedule, he didn't have a chance to get the boots adjusted in time?

oh so he could actually also have boot issues? I'm starting to think is even a miracle he skated as well as he did then.

both seemed black to me while he skate but was it shadow? of the ligh on the photo that makes it look like silver?

2 minutes ago, Lapinou said:

Oh my god, I am sorry that you felt attacked on this. That's so not what I meant. I just wonder if maybe lately he has been focusing more on his jumps, rather than working on his stamina, in which case maybe, just maybe it would have been easier for him. But you said that asthma does not cure that easily, if at all, so okay.

It’s ok - lots of people think of childhood asthma and don’t realise that for some it is a lifelong problem, for which there is treatment but no cure.  It can be a killer - a favourite actress of mine, the girl who played Scarlett in ‘Four weddings and a funeral’ was a sufferer and died in her mid 30s of an asthma attack.

Spoiler

EMZPNhjU8AE6iE_.jpgEMZJH74UwAAvYvj.jpg

hmm the right foot blade looks pretty black in other pictures though? (posted them under spoiler above) maybe the lighting?

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

Asthma is a chronic illness - several members of my family have it - some grew out of it, a couple have the life long debilitating kind that I believe Yuzuru has.   He can work on stamina as much as he likes - a simple cold virus will knock the lungs for six and undo months of stamina training.  Please don’t make it sound as though he isn’t trying hard enough 

I agree with this so much. I actually have very severe asthma, I also suffer from anxiety due to fear of having painful asthma attacks. I'm sure Yuzu takes his medication and does whatever he can to put his body in the best condition possible. But sometimes there are just good days and bad days. 

Yuzu's stamina has improved sooo much compared to how he was before. But you can't expect him to have the same stamina as those younger than him or those without conditions like asthma. He's also never used it as an excuse because he has never know competitive skating without it so it's the 'norm' for him. 

Also I'm pretty sure using difficult transitions to enter/ exit jumps and how he doesn't just 'skate' during the step sequence like some other skaters but weaves it in throughout his program affects his stamina in a way that can't be compared to some skaters who glide across half the rink to prep for a jump.

Ohh must have been the light hitting in just the right angle there.... False alarm lol

3 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

It’s the lighting. Other pics show both are black.

thank God! I really got worried

6 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

He can have a rest now and if he wants he can go to 4CC, if not, he can WD anytime. I think a competition between Nationals and WC could be beneficial for him this time. Yuzu looks in a good shape this season without injuries, so why not going to 4CC then? He also said he wants to go to as many competitions as possible.

It looks more like an asthma monitor.

Hide contents

makes sense. He was wearing two devices during practice. I didn’t recognise this one.

I was kind of hoping he'd do 4CC...it's nicely spaced between now and world's so he could go and try out whatever layout he wants to try... maybe get that dratted 4CC gold... it's a sign that he's healthy and wants to compete etc.. and wants to gather all the rosebuds while he can...