sallycinnamon

[2019] Japanese Nationals - Men Free Skating

What an epic fs season for Yuzu.  He's truly the most fierce fighter with the most frills and sparkles!

There's no crazy life like fanyu life!!

I wanted Yuzu to rest and not do 4CC. My consolation is that he can’t be carrying a serious injury if he’s going to 4CC. I’m also mighty relieved there’s no announcement of the dreaded r word...my mind’s still in all sorts of knots...

13 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

Well... I'm also glad Yuzu 

Like THAT'S not dramatic!  LOL.

I love how at all press con, be it gold or other medal colour, Majority of the questions are always directed to Yuzu.

2 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

Asthma is a chronic illness - several members of my family have it - some grew out of it, a couple have the life long debilitating kind that I believe Yuzuru has.   He can work on stamina as much as he likes - a simple cold virus will knock the lungs for six and undo months of stamina training.  Please don’t make it sound as though he isn’t trying hard enough 

Oh my god, I am sorry that you felt attacked on this. That's so not what I meant. I just wonder if maybe lately he has been focusing more on his jumps, rather than working on his stamina, in which case maybe, just maybe it would have been easier for him. But you said that asthma does not cure that easily, if at all, so okay.

13 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I know. I still wish he could rest.

But I also think maybe he will focus on 5 quad FS at WC instead. He’s tried it only once and didn’t make it though to the end.

either if it is for the 4A or for the 5 quads FS,as long as he's healthy,he should absolutely do the 4cc.Personally,I too prefer that he will focus on the 5 quads layout and no 4A this season,but we'll have to wait and see

9 minutes ago, raebia said:

Shake:

:hachimaki:

:winky:

Thank you :softYuzu:

7 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

Well... I'm also glad Yuzu 

:shocked:

7 minutes ago, Lapinou said:

Of course I do. But my impression is that he seemed to be getting better for a while. But at GPF or today for example, he definitely reminded me of when he started his career. And I guess in a world where everything goes well in a logical sense, I was expecting him to become stronger everyday. So yeah, just hoping that he pays attention to his stamina during his training, more than the rest. Because I have a feeling his priority goes to perfecting his jumps.

He knows very well he can't nail jumps as well as he wants if he is tired (plus higher risk of injury jumping on tired legs), and he himself remarked this several times, so I am pretty sure he does everything he can already 😅

2 minutes ago, wildstrawberry said:

if he really wants to bring 4A at Worlds you know that he can't debut it there

also maybe he will finally get the elusive 4cc gold so he and we can brag that he has won everything forever

YES!

But seriously, yeah, IMO 4CC is scheduled nicely and will be a good opportunity to test things out (and I bet fans will be eager to shower him in support...and Poohs)