sallycinnamon

[2019] Japanese Nationals - Men Free Skating

6 minutes ago, Lapinou said:

Of course I do. But my impression is that he seemed to be getting better for a while. But at GPF or today for example, he definitely reminded me of when he started his career. And I guess in a world where everything goes well in a logical sense, I was expecting him to become stronger everyday. So yeah, just hoping that he pays attention to his stamina during his training, more than the rest. Because I have a feeling his priority goes to perfecting his jumps.

Progress isn't linear, especially not when you are fighting something like asthma where a simple cold will derail everything that you've worked towards for months in a week. 

1 minute ago, wildstrawberry said:

if he really wants to bring 4A at Worlds you know that he can't debut it there

also maybe he will finally get the elusive 4cc gold so he and we can brag that he has won everything forever

I know. I still wish he could rest.

But I also think maybe he will focus on 5 quad FS at WC instead. He’s tried it only once and didn’t make it though to the end.

8 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

Well... I'm also glad Yuzu 

why is this making me freak out :O I hope he is fine :omg:

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

He’d never WD unless he couldn’t physically set foot on the ice.

Hopefully he'd have declined now instead of having it announced at all if there was anything seriously wrong, especially considering he could've done the 'give juniors a chance' thing and not said a word about himself.

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

But I also think maybe he will focus on 5 quad FS at WC instead. He’s tried it only once and didn’t make it though to the end.

4CC is still a while away, and the gap between 4CC and Worlds is not small either. He has time

I feel better that he is announced for 4CC team, he was hoping he can skate for the whole season, so hopefully he is on the right track - rest well and come back to show them what you're made of!

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

So 4A at 4CC, five normal quads at Worlds, then? Or the other way round? Who knows? Isn't there a song, life is a rollercoaster, I hear it like an echo from another life.

I’d prefer him to rest, but I agree that it sounds as though there’s no injury, just tiredness, which is a relief.

It is sad this Japanese Nationals. But it has happened now.

Let's hope that Yuzuru is healthy, his legs and ankles not injured.

We don't know what he will do next year. If he keeps do competitions against Nathan and Shoma next year, I hope that he will have new programs, no more repeating old programs please. There are so many musics he can choose.

Please ask for advice and suggestions of music from coaches and choreographers too. I hope he is more open to his coaches and his entourage.