sallycinnamon

[2019] Japanese Nationals - Men Free Skating

When I saw the head choreo 'DUN DUN' bit was off I immediately knew that he was just off his game for that free skate. Also, I think if he nailed the first few jumps he could carry that energy through, but early mistakes pretty much affected the rest of his skate. I don't think it means there is a big issue tho, or some underlying deep rooted problem- this isn't the first time he did well in the sp and not that well in a fs. Remember boston? Yet he improved himself and went on to win gold at PC.

Honestly, I can't think of any skater that's better at comebacks than Yuzu. The only issue I see is that the judges will always be harsh with him but lenient with others. i have no problem with tech panel calling out Yuzu's mistakes, but I do have a problem if they can't hold the same standard for all skaters. 

Also one thing I've realised, is that when other skaters don't do well everyone moves on from it pretty quickly, but for some reason every time Yuzu skates everyone expects him to beat his previous record or if he doesn't have a good skate the media seems to hang that above him for the rest of the season or use it as ammunition to prove that he's 'declining'. For a good 5 years, the dude has been getting either silver or gold- now if that isn't consistency then I don't know what is. 

1 minute ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Yes I do understand well. But I'm just thinking Japanese bushi-do mentality here. So as a fighter like Yuzu, he will never ever make excuses and I admire him for that and will go along with my totally shuttered heart. I will never change it.

With him, no matter what, no matter what shape our hearts end up in.

I strongly think 4cc is yuzu's willing. Prepartion for world def. This means he has no serious injury right now. And  Grandslam chance too!

Just now, SparkleSalad said:

Let him rest :sadPooh:

if he really wants to bring 4A at Worlds you know that he can't debut it there

also maybe he will finally get the elusive 4cc gold so he and we can brag that he has won everything forever

3分鐘前, bubzsy說:

I remember that he skipped 4cc in 2016 when he had an injury, which he hid from the public. So I will take this as a sign that he is healthy. There is still plenty of time to rest.

:nod2:

2 minutes ago, Lapinou said:

Of course I do. But my impression is that he seemed to be getting better for a while. But at GPF or today for example, he definitely reminded me of when he started his career. And I guess in a world where everything goes well in a logical sense, I was expecting him to become stronger everyday. So yeah, just hoping that he pays attention to his stamina during his training, more than the rest. Because I have a feeling his priority goes to perfecting his jumps.

Asthma is a chronic illness - several members of my family have it - some grew out of it, a couple have the life long debilitating kind that I believe Yuzuru has.   He can work on stamina as much as he likes - a simple cold virus will knock the lungs for six and undo months of stamina training.  Please don’t make it sound as though he isn’t trying hard enough 

Just now, honeytea said:

I strongly think 4cc is yuzu's willing. Prepartion for world def. This means he has no serious injury right now. And  Grandslam chance too!

same

2 minutes ago, airi said:

yayz Yuma for 4CC!!!

and I guess they gave it to Yuzu rightly, he may decide to wd later if he feels it would be better choice.

He’d never WD unless he couldn’t physically set foot on the ice.

11 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

One thing you need to consider is that skating the kind of programs he skates to compared to, idk, Nathan's or Shoma's (meaning, using much more one footed skating and such) *is* very physically demanding, more physically demanding than doing hand choreo on crossovers. Add to this with Yuzuru's personal history of asthma and the fact he is, anyway, doing one of the hardest layouts in terms of jumps too, and you understand why he looks tired. Though he didn't look as tired in e.g. SCI

I think I have said it already (because it's a piece of knowledge I found very interesting when I learned it) but apparently heart rate spikes up during things like stsq. One foot skating takes energy. If one makes steps throughout a program, you can see how much more tiring is (and that's why the stamina and core strength icedancers need are underrated, they truly need to work hard to nail all those patterns)

Anyway, Yuzuru has been working very hard on his stamina and that he could skate to programs like H&L and Origin cleanly and with all the tr proves the work is being very effective

Thank you for the explanation. I admit that I did not know the technical implications of skating with one foot. In light of this, it feels so much more unfair that he does not get the points for extra efforts... 

4 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Let him rest :sadPooh:

I think he choose 4CC so that he can perfect the new layout for world.

I think it is not a bad decision.

1 minute ago, honeytea said:

thanks! I almost missed it. Got yuzu!