sallycinnamon

[2019] Japanese Nationals - Men Free Skating

9 minutes ago, ZuCritter said:

We are watching an epic struggle between a magnificent competitor and the forces that, in the end, shape all our lives. In that larger arena, his destiny is his to write. I am amazed, humbled and grateful beyond words that he is sharing this journey with all of us. It is a beautiful fight, and he is the most beautiful fighter I have ever seen or could ever imagine.

Thank you, Yuzu, from the bottom of my soul. 

:cri:

THIS!! 

we need to be strong for him and believe in him. he is such a brave soul and its like witnessing a journey of a king going through his rough patches and rising again from it

i believe we will see him rise again soon and until then will give our best support to him when he needs it. 

Just now, robin said:

What does "if" mean Yuzu? Is he just saying it out of respect and not to sound like he has a safe worlds spot? or possibly.... ?

In this case I’d say he’s being very self deprecating. He won’t give up 4A in competition.

2 minutes ago, robin said:

To me it sounds like "I'm done and have no power left to continue, this is the best I can do etc. etc." but maybe I am just a little too sensitive to these wordings...

I notice IK often translates the Japanese words almost literally. My Japanese friend has explained to me that it's very hard to convey the meaning briefly (as in a twitter post) so I guess she just does her best.

After reading those translation, i had to tell myself calm down.........................to control my emotion and not overthinking

so worry for yuzu right now..............

Just now, Paskud said:

Maybe I'm just not able to put on a brave face anymore when situation with scores is that bad and he is doubting himself on top of that.:Poohgaveup:

I'm in a better position than most because I gave up the ghost of any hope that he'll be scored fairly. Or that he'll keep skating. GPF was when I gave up any hope that he can get fair scores by being good enough.

I was already convinced that the only way for him to win a gold medal at a major competition is by using the sheer brute force of the highest BV plus going clean as a whistle. Nearly impossible, but one final mountain for him to scale before he can be done with all of this complete and utter disrespect. If he can land both 4A and 4Lz in his free skate and 4Lz in his SP, and go clean? He'll win gold. No matter what anybody else does.

That is my great and only hope right now, has been since GPF.

2 minutes ago, robin said:

eta: does that mean if he didn't get a worlds spot he'd consider r***? pls someone stop my brain, it's getting too ahead of itself.

but that's literally an impossible situation so i don't think that's what he means

Just now, yuzuangel said:

but that's literally an impossible situation so i don't think that's what he means

I know. I'm actually more worried about that it might mean he's not in perfect health atm.

He never assumes that he will be sent to these competitions- always waits for the official announcement 

2 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

what can i say

jsf tech panel was extremely

detail-oriented 

What a bunch of dumbasses.

6 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

Agreed about the first part. Him winning despite the fs maybe would have made me feel better but I am not sure rould have made Yuzu feel better, and while I have reservations about scoring (starting from the sp), all in all that Yuzu did do many visible mistakes kinda helps me going straight to the "acceptance" stage. At least I don't feel the blinding, consuming rage I felt after Saitama and gpf...

As for the second part, I am not sure if he will ever be able to forget about winning, but it certainly would make a lot of things easier.....not only for himself, but for us too😅

I cannot stand to look at clips now, it's still too raw

(But still downloading everything)

Yeah I know the second part is a cop out. I don't really believe that Yuzu is capable of not caring the results. That is why he needs to choose the competition as this year's scheduling is just crazy. He's trying to fill his obligation as the no1 Jpn skater but now Shoma can take that burden and so he SHOULD. 

5 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

sigh this is what happens when you're expected to skate at 100% from senior b to GPF to worlds in order to have even a chance of being fairly judged while your competitors coast by their easy assignments and only need to show up once in a while when it's a major event. skaters can't peak all year long. they aren't robots. it's completely incomparable.

:cry:

Rika was the only one with a similar (minus one ginormous time-difference adjustment) schedule, and she also bombed a competition. Why is Yuzu expected to be super human?!

What a wonderful gift to anyone who wanted an excuse to underscore him further... I don't really care if Yuzu wouldn't want the title with this kind of skate. They could have given him the title if they wanted to, if they wanted to demonstrate their support. He did enough. JSF didn't care. Now all international media people will spend a large chunk of time explaining how he lost Nationals every time he skates in a competition... How wonderful for their ridiculous rivalry narratives. I do think international judges can be even more vicious in their underscoring. Good job, JSF, for giving them a carte blanche.

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I'm in a better position than most because I gave up the ghost of any hope that he'll be scored fairly. Or that he'll keep skating. GPF was when I gave up any hope that he can get fair scores by being good enough.

I was already convinced that the only way for him to win a gold medal at a major competition is by using the sheer brute force of the highest BV plus going clean as a whistle. Nearly impossible, but one final mountain for him to scale before he can be done with all of this complete and utter disrespect. If he can land both 4A and 4Lz in his free skate and 4Lz in his SP, and go clean? He'll win gold. No matter what anybody else does.

That is my great and only hope right now, has been since GPF.

Not really. If his competitor with one quad less will get 1 GOE more on every element, then he won't win.

1 minute ago, robin said:

I know. I'm actually more worried about that it might mean he's not in perfect health atm.

Stress and exhaustion are triggers for asthma. I'm sure it's nothing more than what he's dealt with all his life, just compounded by everything. He really didn't look like his ankle or leg was hurting him.

Yuzu looked exhausted almost as soon as he began that FS...it was hard to watch, so many miatakes, he needs to rest now in time for Worlds. 

I'm happy for Shoma, he deserved that win, he really did, after all of his own struggles he stayed on his feet (how did he save that 4F what the...) and performed well.