sallycinnamon

[2019] Japanese Nationals - Men Free Skating

Yuzu is wearing the ANA jacket even during the VC. I don't believe he's just tired, he must be down with something. All those long haul travelling and lack of sleep can really mess up one's immune system... I hope he gets some serious rest after this. :heart:

6 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Because until now it was just Zu vs Nathan. And now he lost to someone who wasn't even at GPF this year and wasn't in really good shape since olympics (for various reasons).

His olympic title wasn't working? Of course it's working. This is the last thing that keeps him high now.

No, his Olympic title wasn't working. If you think it was, you and I have very different definitions of working. Working would mean he'd be getting the benefit of the doubt on ticking GOE bullets and getting GOE scores and what serious errors cap PCS. Not working would mean being underscored on all of it. That's my definition of any kind of reputation scoring working.

He's lost to somebody who has had one clean competition all season at home. Yes, Yuzu is going to have his components and GOEs overtaken by not just Shoma if he ever learns to go clean consistently, but Samarin, as well when he also learns to be consistent, but it's not because he didn't win Nationals, christ. It's because ISU has already crowned their new king and they want the old king out except to smile and wave and sell tickets. And JSF can see juniors coming up who can win. They can afford to lose him now, or so they think.

The only thing keeping him high is him. His skill, his grit, his determination, his strength. He's there despite his Olympic titles, because they wanted him gone from competition before a third Olympics. He's not there because of it. He's there because of him and nobody else.

1 minute ago, ralucutzagy said:

Oh, Yuzu. I'm glad that Shoma has redeemed his season and that you're being such a sportsman but really, please don't push yourself to be so perfect all the time. Cut yourself a break once in a while...

And the very silver lining here is indeed the fact that you made it this far into the season without injury. I, for one, am relieved and grateful. 

Don't give up! Keep doing what you do best and come back in 2020 stronger than ever!

IK translations are always over dramatic and sometimes downright wrong. I would wait for a different source.

I'm sure Yuzu is upset but he just looked exhausted today, he fought through it but I'm sure he knew this could happen too. Imo this is no tragedy, Yuzu is underscored internationally regardless of this. I'm sure he will use this as fuel and motivation and, knowing him, this silver and the GPF silver will motivate him like crazy.

from the sp Brian said it was a tough week. and yuzu was pretty tired looking since the sp. he was not very smiley even after the scores. I wonder if there was something going on leading up to this comp. He seemed nervous and tired. and i think regardless of the placement, not being able to put out a good perf would have killed him inside anyway. i just hope it doesnt affect him mentally. 😭

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

No, his Olympic title wasn't working. If you think it was, you and I have very different definitions of working. Working would mean he'd be getting the benefit of the doubt on ticking GOE bullets and getting GOE scores and what serious errors cap PCS. Not working would mean being underscored on all of it. That's my definition of any kind of reputation scoring working.

He's lost to somebody who has had one clean competition all season at home. Yes, Yuzu is going to have his components and GOEs overtaken by not just Shoma if he ever learns to go clean consistently, but Samarin, as well when he also learns to be consistent, but it's not because he didn't win Nationals, christ. It's because ISU has already crowned their new king and they want the old king out except to smile and wave and sell tickets.

If it wasn't working, then he would be behind Vincent at last WC and behind Kevin at GPF.

1 minute ago, mokjakarma said:

Oh, no. Why?

Overly dramatizes everything to the point of being completely misleading