sallycinnamon

[2019] Russian Nationals (24-29.12) - Ladies SP & FS

1 minute ago, liv said:

I am so amazed at how easily she jumps.. no effort by the arms.. just goes around, preps, and up she goes. It's so unique to her.  I am sure she'll have that 4T in the future.

She can land it just fine, so she has the mechanics of it down. That's good.

Anyway despite URs on two triples and DG on the 4T, I'd be willing to wager Liza will have had enough rotations in the sum of her seven jumping passes to get top 3 BV if they calculated it in the end, so ha.

6 minutes ago, airi said:

It was pretty messy eh :( also I don't understand this layout, what's the point in bringing 4T if she takes out one 3A...

I'd guess it's supposed to be 4T plus two 3As but a fall and then not rotating the 3A must've made her change her layout on the fly?

what a great skate for Guliakova, nice!

2 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I'd guess it's supposed to be 4T plus two 3As but a fall and then not rotating the 3A must've made her change her layout on the fly?

she had only one 3A in the planned content, idk...

1 minute ago, Purple said:

Liza's score is 204.63

thank you!

As if i needed to be invested in another skater but Anastasia you just gain  a fan....Swan Lake to die for!

OK, so Mishin has at least 3 ladies that I can remember seeing here... maybe more? Anyway, I find that so cute.. considering how for years he refused to coach females and only coached men!! Liza changed everything for him! :)

8 minutes ago, airi said:

It was pretty messy eh :( also I don't understand this layout, what's the point in bringing 4T if she takes out one 3A...

It think she wanted to try 4T in the actual comp. The goal is probably to have two 3A but she had to start with something.

Although it wasn't a good skate, it's good that she tried it. I don't expect people to deliver clean quad at first attempt.

1 minute ago, airi said:

what a great skate for Guliakova, nice!

she had only one 3A in the planned content, idk...

Maybe it's a stamina-stability thing. She can't have worked so hard to get her 3A-combo to not use it. Hopefully we'll see her working it out in senior Bs.

Okay I actually cannot tell between Anna's 4Lz and 4F.

At least Scherbakova lands her jumps clearly and definitively... there's no doubting how her foot hits the ice.

I am not a fan of these colour-change costumes. 

What a great skate for Anna! With tech like that, and her big sp score, I"m not sure how anyone can beat that. I don't think Alena has the tech arsenal to fight with that... and I think this was the first time I actually bought into that program rather than watching a little girl skating busy moves that made no sense. Well done to her.

One of the three quads was UR, the other two were round on landing, and I am not sure if the combo was flip or Lz.

I give up.