sallycinnamon

[2019] Japanese Nationals (18-22.12) - Practice, Fluff & All the In-betweens

Practice, Fluff & all the In-betweens

Japanese Nationals 2019/20

Shibuya, Tokyo / JPN

18.12.2019 – 22.12.2019

vnwO0wx.png

All pre-comp discussion, practice reports, as well as fluff and other in-betweens during the competition goes here!

Competition threads for all disciplines will be opened separately!

*times listed hereon are in your local time

Instructions for Streaming
  • Live QQ
    • Hosted and commentated by Hua Hua (also formerly known as    pandaguy?)
    • Good quality
    • the user comments flying across the screen can be turned off      with a toggle on the bottom right of the video
  • Fuji TV
    • Good quality
    • Free
  • Fuji TV link 2 (on ok.ru)
    • Good quality
    • Free
  • Opening Ceremony and Short Program Draw on YouTube
    • geoblocked outside of Japan
    • VPN service is needed
  • Other links (if there'll be available) will be added later on
  • All OPs for individual disciplines will contain links for streaming too for easy access

Time Schedule

The rosters for the event are now out, and the following skaters will be participating:

Men Ladies Pairs Ice Dance
  1. Yuzuru HANYU
  2. Shoma UNO
  3. Shun SATO
  4. Yuma KAGIYAMA
  5. Keiji TANAKA
  6. Sota YAMAMOTO
  7. Kazuki TOMONO
  8. Koshiro SHIMADA
  9. Ryuju HINO
  10. Mitsuki SUMOTO
  11. Taichi HONDA
  12. Shu NAKAMURA
  13. Taichiro YAMAKUMA
  14. Tatsuya TSUBOI
  15. Lucas Tsuyoshi HONDA
  16. Yuki KUNIKATA
  17. Hiroaki SATO
  18. Naoki ODA
  19. Nozomu YOSHIOKA
  20. Yuto KISHINA
  21. Hidetsugu KAMATA
  22. Kazuki KUSHIDA
  23. Junya WATANABE
  24. Jun SUZUKI
  25. Kosuke NAKANO
  26. Reo ISHIZUKA
  27. Koshin YAMADA
  28. Junsuke TOKIKUNI
  29. Takayuki YAMAMOTO
  30. Daisuke TAKAHASHI
  1. Rika KIHIRA
  2. Satoko MIYAHARA
  3. Yuhana YOKOI
  4. Kaori SAKAMOTO
  5. Mana KAWABE
  6. Mako YAMASHITA
  7. Rin NITAYA
  8. Wakaba HIGUCHI
  9. Marin HONDA
  10. Tomoe KAWABATA
  11. Chisato URAMATSU
  12. Hina TAKENO
  13. Hana YOSHIDA
  14. Sakura YAMADA
  15. Shiika YOSHIOKA
  16. Rino KASAKAKE
  17. Miyabi OBA
  18. Yura MATSUDA
  19. Yuka NAGAI
  20. Mone CHIBA
  21. Saki MIYAKE
  22. Honoka HIROTANI
  23. Hinano ISOBE
  24. Kona TSUUCHI
  25. Ibuki SATO
  26. Nina TAKENO
  27. Akari MATSUBARA
  28. Chihiro INOUE
  29. Rika OYA

WD Yuna Shiraiwa

1. Riku MIURA / Ryuichi KIHARA
  1. Rikako FUKASE / Oliver ZHANG
  2. Misato KOMATSUBARA / Tim KOLETO
  3. Yuka EDAMURA / Daiki SHIMAZAKI
  4. Kiria HIRAYAMA / Kenta ISHIBASHI

Results page

Schedule of Competition & Practice (All Times are in local time, UTC/GMT + 9 hours)

19 December

• Men Practice (SP/FS) - 11:55 - 15:20
  • Pairs Short Program - 16:20 - 16:33
  • Ladies Short Program - 17:01 - 21:43

20 December

• Men Practice (SP) - 07:35 - 11:35
  • Ice Dance Rhythm Dance - 15:10 - 15:41
  • Men Short Program - 16:12 - 20:54

21 December

• Men Practice (FS) - 12:50 - 15:25
  • Pairs Free Program - 16:25 - 16:40
  • Ladies Free Program - 17:04 - 21:11

22 December

• Men Practice (FS) - 12:25 - 15:00
  • Ice Dance Free Dance - 16:00 - 16:37
  • Men Free Program - 17:04 - 21:11

I have mixed feeling about this comp. A part of me dreading that it's going to be D-senpai's graduation ceremony drama as a single skater and another part of me feeling really happy for Yuzu finally being in JNats after four years. Also this year, Shun is competing as newly crowned JGPF king. For the ladies field, I am really missing Mai :cry: but really looking forward to see Kaori, Wakaba, Satoko, Marin, Yuhana and little Mone-chan!

Trying to figure out what's the best way to watch this as I have JPN vpn and have registered Fuji TV on demand so maybe I can watch it live online that way. Or get iSakura and watch the whole thing. I find watching with vpn sometimes lags so much it depends on the server I'm connected. Anyway, I will be off from that Friday night until new year so 5days of figure skating from Thursday is really really nice!!

The OP made an early visit to the Yoyogi stadium, where the ticket booth at the entrance was already up - getting ready for the JNats!

I love this stadium.   I attended my first live World Figure Skating Championship in Yoyogi Stadium in 1977.  This was when Minoru Sano was competing and won the first bronze medal for Japanese singles men, but I'm afraid I don't recall his performance.  At that time, I was impressed by the Soviet skaters who dominated the era.  They appeared far more artistic and balletic than the rest of the field - perhaps this was not accurate but it's what I recall.

The soaring structure of the stadium reminds me of a giant bird about to unfurl its huge wings and fly off. An appropriate venue for Hanyu-senshu, and for all the young (and not so young) birds getting ready to fly with him!  Wishing everyone a successful competition!

1 hour ago, Umebachi said:

The OP made an early visit to the Yoyogi stadium, where the ticket booth at the entrance was already up - getting ready for the JNats!

I love this stadium.   I attended my first live World Figure Skating Championship in Yoyogi Stadium in 1977.  This was when Minoru Sano was competing and won the first bronze medal for Japanese singles men, but I'm afraid I don't recall his performance.  At that time, I was impressed by the Soviet skaters who dominated the era.  They appeared far more artistic and balletic than the rest of the field - perhaps this was not accurate but it's what I recall.

The soaring structure of the stadium reminds me of a giant bird about to unfurl its huge wings and fly off. An appropriate venue for Hanyu-senshu, and for all the young (and not so young) birds getting ready to fly with him!  Wishing everyone a successful competition!

I am adding the graphic design of the Yoyogi Stadium.  Tange's masterpiece - soaring into the sky! 

gym.jpg

4 hours ago, Umebachi said:

I hope everybody in the audience will leave with memories as long-lasting as yours!

Guys, do you think Yuzuru will be  landing this afternoon in Tokyo? I mean soon enough, as in Japan time, right?

25 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

Guys, do you think Yuzuru will be  landing this afternoon in Tokyo? I mean soon enough, as in Japan time, right?

He may come tomorrow as Men SP is on Friday (and practice on Thursday). I think Japenese pair (they also come from Toronto) should be in Tokyo today - based on their instastories - as they have SP earlier. But who knows :)