[POLL] Will Yuzu go to 4CC this year?

yuzuangel

Will Yuzu go to 4CC this year?  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't know but I'm leaning towards yes. The 3 months between JNats and Worlds is a long time and he hasn't had a full competitive season in 2 years, so maybe he'll be champing at the bit to go. 

That being said, going to 4CC may not be up to him - it might be a question of getting assigned there by JSF. So who knows, really? 

I don't think there are any other convenient competitions in January or February that he could go to if he wants to give a new layout a dry run. 

Yes. He needs to practice his layout and up his competitive stamina and it would be relatively low stress because it's unlikely Nathan will go - it's all the way over in Korea and early Feb is right in the middle of his term. But I think it also depends on the other guys' showings at JPN Nats and who makes the Worlds team. If god forbid Shoma doesn't do well and is left off the Worlds roster (unlikely but possible) they could reserve 4CC for him and not want to send Yuzu as competition.

I wouldn't be surprised either way, but as long as he stays healthy, I'd be inclined to think he wants to go. As others have mentioned in this thread, it would be a good opportunity to do another test run of the 5-quad layout before Worlds. I also think he likes the idea of having a 'full' season with Nats and some challengers because he hasn't been able to do that in so long. And he still doesn't have that 4CC gold. So if he's healthy, I can see a lot of reasons why he'd want to go/at least announce he's going after Nats. Of course it's also possible that he won't go despite being healthy, because he doesn't want to risk it/prefers to face Nathan at Worlds after longer preparation etc. So in the end it's back to square one, I won't be surprised if he goes and if he doesn't. We'll find out after Nats I guess :tumblr_inline_n2pje39gH11qdlkyg:

Sure, the risk of injury is always there and he will need the time to prepare at TCC.

On the other hand:

1. Yuzu has to "prepare" his scores for Worlds. Ideally he should skate at least one program (perfectly) clean and push his PCS back to high 9s and 10s before facing Nathan.

2. If I remember correctly, Yuzu wants to adjust his jump elements in Otonal. The timing/rhythm of the 4S and 4T+3T really seemed to bother him recently. He doesn't have the time to adjust them until JNats, so he has to test the changes somewhere else before. 4CC is the best competition to do so. No home crowd pressure, no birthday, no prestigious venue with hero memories, no Nathan. It's the most stress-free environment he can get.

3. If Yuzu wins 4CC, he becomes the first male skater to win a career super grand slam of Olympics, Worlds, 4CC, GPF, Junior Worlds AND Junior GPF. That would put him into a much better position before Worlds than he is now. The media wants to see results and he can't produce results at home behind closed doors.

Footnote: Do you really think, JSF would not nominate Yuzu for 4CC, if he wanted to go and win his first ever title there?

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I don't know but I'm leaning towards yes. The 3 months between JNats and Worlds is a long time and he hasn't had a full competitive season in 2 years, so maybe he'll be champing at the bit to go. 

That being said, going to 4CC may not be up to him - it might be a question of getting assigned there by JSF. So who knows, really? 

I don't think there are any other convenient competitions in January or February that he could go to if he wants to give a new layout a dry run. 

He also has a good memory of beating Nathan the last time Nathan was there in Korea, so yes. And hopefully yes because Yuzu doesn't have much time left in his career to go to 4CC many times. I doubt he will go to 4CC in 2021 as it is in Australia, and the flight time to Australia from Canada is 18 hours (very unlikely he will go such lengths just to go to 4CC). He always skips 4CC before olympics, so this year is his last opportunity to go before Beijing, considering it is a reasonable distance from Canada to Korea. 

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

No home crowd pressure, no birthday, no prestigious venue with hero memories, no Nathan. It's the most stress-free environment he can get.

You forgot that Korea is only 2 hours flight time from Japan, so there will be lots of Japanese media and fans more so than the usual foreign competition. It will still be a pressuring competition for him, considering the increased number of media + home fans showing up. Also more hype for him competing at 4CC, after his loss at GPF (because Japanese media loves comeback stories so much = more media hype). 

Also 4CC in Korea is relatively cheap to go to compared to other countries, so there will be even more fans arriving there.

I heard it is a 5000 seat stadium, and considering Korea's close distance to both China and Japan (Yuzu's biggest fanbases), I expect a full packed stadium + more media pressure for Yuzu to deliver. 

I doubt Nathan will go though, because he has exams during that time. 

As the ultimate goal is the World title with 4A, common sense would say no, like the strategies from the past seasons. But at the same time, he has never won 4CC, he may want to test other layouts before WC, and also I wouldn't be surprised if he's hungry of another face-off with Nathan. So, sincerely no idea.... :scratch3:

I think if Yuzu is healthy then he may want to go, as people already said, to test out 5 quad layout (since he needs it to win against Nathan at Worlds) and just to get more “practice” for competition.  He has been saying skating clean in practices at home is one thing, but skating clean in competition is completely different.

I don’t think Nathan will go (since he didn’t go last year as well) and so it will be a great chance for Yuzu to finally win 4CC!

also if 4A is ready by then, he can have another chance to land it in competition.  I think he probably has already landed it in practices at home, although low percentage, otherwise he wouldn’t have done it at GPF practice.

This seems to be a year of “firsts” for Yuzu (he got his 4Lz back, he completed 2 GP assignments and rotated his 4A) so I think he will compete at 4CC. Plus, during the GPF he said he felt motivated by the rivalry with Nathan so he might want to compete against him before Worlds.

They said that they are going to sell Men's Free and Gala tickets separately even though they are on the same day. As in, they are expecting a high demand for sales. 

Could this be sign that Yuzu is going..? Why else would men's free skating and gala be such in high demand that they would be sold separately even if they are both on sunday? 

I would not be surprised if Yuzu and JSF has contacted 4CC for entry by now.

And them separating only the men's event and gala ticket on the same day is suspicious. 

Also I think Yuzu may want to go to 4CC because of rankings too. He wants to get back that ISU world standing number 1. He has to strategize his every move in counteract to ISU politics.