[POLL] Will Yuzu go to 4CC this year?

yuzuangel

Will Yuzu go to 4CC this year?  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for 'no', solely because he has never mentioned a single word of it since the beginning of this season. I am uncertain if he will be good enough to beat Nathan by Feb 2020. Plus, if he loses to Nathan again at 4CC, how would that affect him mentally, going into Worlds in just a month's time. Judging by his interviews so far, his goal is the World Title 2020. I hope he does get title back, I want to see a happy Yuzu! :cri:

I voted for yes. Its the only title he lack, and a good chance to test his layout before WC. There's 3 months between Nationals and WC, and imo its too long. He need to compete in between to get the competition feeling. 

Edit : If Yuzuru want 4CC, there's no way JSF wouldn't give him a spot. He still their best chance for gold. 

I have mixed feelings, but maybe he'd want a shot to win 4CC after all... There is also huge probability that Nathan doesn't go, especially because it doesn't fit his schedule at all, but who knows.

But also, that would disturb his training for a week and he could use that time for training for far more important competition.  I don't know what his preference here is...

Tbh I think the only considerable factor for him to not go to 4CC would be to let the young Japanese seniors skate at 4CC. Otherwise I don't really see why he shouldn't go, especially not when his physical condition is good. I mean, he isn't the type to back away from a competition just because he would face a rival particularly hard to beat.

I said no, just because historically he's stayed home either nursing injuries or preparing for the bigger events. And this time he needs all those months to get that 4A and/or build the stamina for the 4lz layout. 

BUT, if he plans on doing a 4A, and doing more technically, then it makes sense to try it out in competition first to iron out wrinkles.... I would not be surprised if he does go... If he is healthy, I hope he does... the travel for World's is minimal this year, so it's not like he has to worry about time change and too much travel beforehand disrupting his training etc., we'll find out shortly after JNats, I assume. I think they usually announce the 4CC team right after, don't they?