Jump to content
WinForPooh

[2019] GPF - Men Free Skating

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

 

Nate is not stupid and can clearly see that his score is inflated. He's been pushed and put on the pedestal but he is not feeling he's the legit receiver of the score. I really think ISU does not care about anybody including Nathan. Win is win but so what? They want to create champion is one thing and they want to create a record that only shows it's a product of pure manipulation of the system. FS has a long long history of score manipulation. 

 

Hope Yuzu gets a birthday cake with strawberries and cream:tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw: 

Agreed. As much as I dislike his skating style, I have to admit Nathan is extremely smart and down to earth. He is fully aware that Yuzu is miles ahead of him in terms of overall skating and legacy but I don’t think it’s necessarily fair to expect him to openly say “my score was totally inflated and you guys should have given more points to Yuzu.” There’s an even bigger power at work here and I’m sure Nathan is aware he’s benefiting from the politics, but he didn’t ask for it and probably gets no say in it, so as an athlete he focuses only on what he has to get done out on the ice. I think it’s obvious he knows because of how respectfully he speaks about Yuzu every time, even openly admitting that Yuzu is the GOAT. 
 

Overall, I think scores and records are one thing but a legacy is another. There are plenty of Olympic gold medalists who disappear into obscurity after a year or two. Yuzu is the GOAT because of his top technical capabilities, his longevity, but mostly because of his ability to move peoples’ hearts. In a way I think he transcends any scoring system because what he brings through his art is simply too beautiful to be quantified. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Katt said:

 

 

I keep replay his 4lo and 4lz. Both jumps deserve +5 goe. Shame on you judges. 

 

Fuck them all.

 

I hate everybody.

 

Period. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i only watch the sports because of yuzu. that says a lot. so yeah when he retires, ISU can reminisce the days when the seats are packed, the ice flooded with poohs, the stream skyrocketed whenever he is on. yuzu will bring his fans along the back door. a least the Olympic channel treats Yuzu better. for many years to come, i can bet this: people will remember Yuzu more than the today's ISU favourite.

 

Happy Birthday Yuzu. This keeps me happy. Thank Yuzu for blessing us with your presence. You are already a living legend. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A real sportsman at this level would have worked on his lackings such as transitions, meaningful choreo, music interpretations, costume.. to be worthy of the score. I missed Nathan’s fun program such as Stole The Show( btw showing that he is capable of into the music) but doing all that would have made it harder to land all his jumps wouldn’t it? In his heart he must have known the ridiculous scoring and where’s the improvement over all except landing the jumps facilitated by the lack of steps in and out.

 This is Figure Skating, not Jumping Skating. 

Thank you Yuzu for the everything! You’re the champion in many hearts across national borders! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nathan is naturally quite pleased with his scores and will never say otherwise. Nobody ever says otherwise when they win and why would they? Only in private might they say something else. 

 

I"ll always remember back to a decades old synchro swimming competition at the Olympics, back when there was solo competition. A Canadian was far and away the best athlete and gold favourite, but one judge put in the wrong score and right away tried to correct it, but it wasn't allowed even though that judge admitted they'd pressed the wrong button. An American ended up winning and was totally unapologetic about it, and very happy to get her gold, even if it was a known, technical error on a judge's part. At least that Canadian got her gold medal, years later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry... but even if Nathan is aware of what he's lacking there is absolutely no evidence he's trying to improve. That FS had less transition than when the season started and he's got a WR. The same tactic used in the past years - start the season with some transitions and then gradually remove them for ease and çonsistency. Also, whether consciously or subconsciously, the way the judges score him has probably boost his confidence. He knows as long as he lands his jumps he'll get a high score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, liv said:

Nathan is naturally quite pleased with his scores and will never say otherwise. Nobody ever says otherwise when they win and why would they? Only in private might they say something else. 

 

I"ll always remember back to a decades old synchro swimming competition at the Olympics, back when there was solo competition. A Canadian was far and away the best athlete and gold favourite, but one judge put in the wrong score and right away tried to correct it, but it wasn't allowed even though that judge admitted they'd pressed the wrong button. An American ended up winning and was totally unapologetic about it, and very happy to get her gold, even if it was a known, technical error on a judge's part. At least that Canadian got her gold medal, years later.

This is awful. However Yuzu will get his once again at the sweetest moment of all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just rewatched the performance and I have to say I do not understand how some people are saying he 'lost steam' halfway through, lacked performance power or whatever. I think this was  a really strong showing both in terms of technique and expression. I thought the way he threw himself into that IB after singling the axel was really powerful, this was maybe my favourite IB of the season. Maybe if it had been a 'softer' programme, the kuyashii-fuelled power would have made it seem a bit off, but for Origin I think it only makes it better. I know some people just lack taste but do not understand how someone can watch this performance and say Yuzu is not 'performing' enough. :3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Serafine said:

i only watch the sports because of yuzu. that says a lot. so yeah when he retires, ISU can reminisce the days when the seats are packed, the ice flooded with poohs, the stream skyrocketed whenever he is on. yuzu will bring his fans along the back door. a least the Olympic channel treats Yuzu better. for many years to come, i can bet this: people will remember Yuzu more than the today's ISU favourite.

 

Happy Birthday Yuzu. This keeps me happy. Thank Yuzu for blessing us with your presence. You are already a living legend. 

 

isu wants to bury him,but the absolutely criminal way in which they do it is gonna make it so that he will take him down with him when that happends.can't wait to dance on isu's grave while sipping champagne and watching CwW in years to come

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So to put things into perspective, Kevin TES is 9-10 pts lower than Yuzu and, correct me if I'm wrong, he did 2 quads + fall? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tabby said:

So to put things into perspective, Kevin TES is 9-10 pts lower than Yuzu and, correct me if I'm wrong, he did 2 quads + fall? 

 

.....For real?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...