WinForPooh

[2019] GPF (05-08.12) - Practice, Fluff and all the In-betweens

14 minutes ago, TallyT said:

I like that she clearly admires him (just as I do that Yagudin does, even if recent events have made me side-eye him) but we've always known Yuzu and Eteri would be hysterically disastrous  - SAMBOwhatsitsname wouldn't survive...

Eteri would retire earlier than expected if she coached Yuzu hahahahahahhahahahaha the boi gets his way

2 minutes ago, Katt said:

I remember Ghislain said if Yuzuru does 4lz or 4A, it would be at 4S's place so maybe this  4Lo, 4Lz 3Lz 4S 4T1eu3F 3A3T 3A3T. The entry for 3Lz is too short and there's no way he could have enough speed for a quad. 

That's interesting - never heard that before.  I just remember that layout from that sheet when they were choreographing had 4lo/4lz/4a as the first jump.

This layout has a bv of 98.17.  Projection is around 224.9 

this seems like the smartest layout. "Only" have to do 4 quads, not taking any hit for using 2t or a seq. and projects almost the same for Nathan's 5 quad layout (actually slightly higher, but realistically even at best considering variances)

Spent yesterday getting likely problems locked down to prevent interruptions today - well worth the time spent wrangling the old folks plumbing crisis, and hanging around forever at the walk in medical centre to get my septic finger sorted out (never do DIY without gloves - embedded splinter half a cm long is very painful to remove )and I didn’t miss much thanks to everybody passing on the bits emerging from practice which I could follow on my phone.  

Not going to jinx anything - he’s looking amazing and at the moment I’m really looking forward to the SP - of course that won’t last but not nervy yet :meditationf:

Uh, taking one-coach rule  & Ghislain's absence into account, landing 4-Luth in front of Raf looks even more precious...

It may be my wishful thinking and fondly rose-coloured glasses but after the nerves of NHK, this practice just seemed more free and... joyous. Than he's been for a while (there has often been joy, but not like this). 

10 minutes ago, TallyT said:

It may be my wishful thinking and fondly rose-coloured glasses but after the nerves of NHK, this practice just seemed more free and... joyous. Than he's been for a while (there has often been joy, but not like this). 

Excitement of skating in Olympic venue, surely :)

Perhaps I'm just letting nerves make me pessimistic but the run through didn't sound very good.  Hopefully just jet lag.  

Makes me really anxious that he's been training alone for 2 weeks now and there isn't anyone there in person for competition ice with the possibility of a new layout while Nathan is possibly adding a 5th quad - and as silly as this is, TSL predicting him to win got under my skin, been nervous about GPF ever since. Yuzu might realistically be the "head" coach with the actual coaches being more like assistants, but he does still use them for advice and support (if their lack of presence isn't a detriment, then why bother with them?).  There have been so many times that he's had problems, went to talk to them, and then corrected his problem. Hopefully that manager is really good with ipad camera work, but even then, it seems like it would eat up a lot of his precious practice time. 

I have come to dislike Japanese events - it’s great afterwards if all goes well but the pressure beforehand and the media circus makes me nervous - god knows what it feels like to him.  

Having said that, Japanese K&C would be miles better than that, which looks like a JGP/Challenger effort, but I suppose it goes with the mindset that charges a fortune for bench seats and Perspex boxing in for spectators....