WinForPooh

[2019] GPF (05-08.12) - Practice, Fluff and all the In-betweens

7 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I'm confused??

Oh that's so cute! Not sure why he's teaching them to hydroblade, but Can Skate is the basic learn-to-skate program every child who takes skating lessons in Canada gets taught. I took Can Skate some 40-odd years ago. Nostalgic!

Also, there's plenty of time for Brian to get to Turin, it's only an 8 or 9 hour flight from Toronto. 

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Oh that's so cute! Not sure why he's teaching them to hydroblade, but Can Skate is the basic learn-to-skate program every child who takes skating lessons in Canada gets taught. I took Can Skate some 40-odd years ago. Nostalgic!

Also, there's plenty of time for Brian to get to Turin, it's only an 8 or 9 hour flight from Toronto. 

I suppose somebody will be with Yuzu at the first practice session though, right? Maybe Ghislain would make more sense until the actual competition anyway, it's adjusting his jumps to the new ice that Yuzu will be focusing on till then, and maybe Ghislain would have the best eye to help him with that.

2 時間前, Figure_Frenzyさんが言いました:

Some translators on twitter translated the recovery part as the one Yuzu does when he popped a jump in his programs ("jump recovery") instead of the "physical recovery" — that's all I can say though, relying from other people's understanding of the word...

At any rate I hope he is in his prime physical condition... 🙏🙏🙏

The recovery he mentioned is recovery from fatigue for sure. We never use the word 回復 for jump recoveries.

21 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I suppose somebody will be with Yuzu at the first practice session though, right? Maybe Ghislain would make more sense until the actual competition anyway, it's adjusting his jumps to the new ice that Yuzu will be focusing on till then, and maybe Ghislain would have the best eye to help him with that.

No you don't understand. If Brian posted that photo five hours ago, then caught a flight right after the event, he's more than halfway to Turin by now. 

But we will see in the morning whether I was right. 

30 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

No you don't understand. If Brian posted that photo five hours ago, then caught a flight right after the event, he's more than halfway to Turin by now. 

But we will see in the morning whether I was right. 

Except according to my travel app, there's no direct flight from Toronto to Turin this time of the year...... The "best" flight leaves Toronto at 9:35PM, connects in Germany, and arrives in Turin at 1:40PM Turin time....which was probably the flight Yuzu was on since the airport arrival pics were posted around 2:20PM. Which isn't going to make Senior Men's practice...... There's one connection that arrives at 12:30-ish but since practice is 12:45, that would make getting to practice....interesting.

But maybe the picture isn't from this Tuesday. It could be from last Tuesday and he just posted it now. 

25 minutes ago, Chitsuki said:

Except according to my travel app, there's no direct flight from Toronto to Turin this time of the year...... The "best" flight leaves Toronto at 9:35PM, connects in Germany, and arrives in Turin at 1:40PM Turin time....which was probably the flight Yuzu was on since the airport arrival pics were posted around 2:20PM. Which isn't going to make Senior Men's practice...... There's one connection that arrives at 12:30-ish but since practice is 12:45, that would make getting to practice....interesting.

But maybe the picture isn't from this Tuesday. It could be from last Tuesday and he just posted it now. 

Ah, I see. Well, we'll know in the morning for sure. 

Maybe it's just nerves, but I would feel a whole lot better if Brian was there for the practices as well. 

not thinking about NHK 17 at all, no

11 minutes ago, Sukigirl said:

Maybe it's just nerves, but I would feel a whole lot better if Brian was there for the practices as well. 

not thinking about NHK 17 at all, no

Bright side: The season seems to have something of an 'exorcising old demons' theme for Zu, so it might be ok in the end. truthfully I think Brian would absolutely want to be there just for his own sake, to see Zu do well. 

Ugh, I'm going to be on planes and in airports on my way to Turin all through today's practice. Hopefully there's good wifi during my layover so I can keep updated

All planned programme content:

http://cloud.isu.org/index.php/s/QxEBzeAp6qWKEz9

Same as last GP for Yuzu, Nathan and Samarin, but as always that doesn't mean much. 4Lz in the SP and 4F in the FS for Nathan, 4Lz and 4F in the SP and 4Lz, 4F and 4T in the FS for Samarin.

No 3Lz in Rika's layout but the 4S is there. Three 3As in Alena's programmes, 4Lz and 4Lz3T in Anna's, 4S, 4Lz and two 4Ts in Sasha Trusova's.

32 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Same as last GP for Yuzu, Nathan and Samarin, but as always that doesn't mean much. 4Lz in the SP and 4F in the FS for Nathan, 4Lz and 4F in the SP and 4Lz, 4F and 4T in the FS for Samarin.

No 3Lz in Rika's layout but the 4S is there. Three 3As in Alena's programmes, 4Lz and 4Lz3T in Anna's, 4S, 4Lz and two 4Ts in Sasha Trusova's.

Can't believe Yuzu's layout is the least crazy of them all. 

1 час назад, WinForPooh сказал:

So, it's all clear with the ladies' gold. Silver & bronze are still up for grabs, I assume. Somehow I don't expect Zagitova to podium this time. My take is Sasha, Alena, Rika.

1 час назад, WinForPooh сказал:

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

Why on earth is Samarin trying so hard? It's only going to cost him if things go wrong.

Any sign of practice streams yet?

2 минуты назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

Why on earth is Samarin trying so hard? It's only going to cost him if things go wrong.

Any sign of practice streams yet?

Moreso since RusNats are loomng.