have you ever read a Yuzuru Hanyu fanfiction?

Swaghi

Well do you read or no? Especially on wattpad. If yes I actually made one, it’s not really full romance since theres a lot of figure skating stories. I just started last week, and Im hoping for the people here to give it a chance and support me!

https://my.w.tt/Ipavxpo431

https://my.w.tt/Ipavxpo431

I just found out that I want to be an author in the future, still studying right now, so itd help if you guys could tell me your opinions about it afterwards. Thankyou! 

Honestly, RPF (real person fiction) makes me pretty uncomfortable, and I don't think I'm the only one here who would say that. Yuzuru is (as the acronym RPF implies) a real person, and I'd imagine it might make him feel a bit uncomfortable to be reduced to a character in a story someone else has written if he ran across it.

I hate to do this with your first post on the Planet, but I kind of feel like someone should bring up my point of view. That being said, good luck with your writing career, and please don't let me scare you off of the Planet entirely by speaking up. I promise you can't find a nicer group of skating fans anywhere else on the internet.

Personally, I think fanfiction based on a real life character is a little cringeworthy. 

Fanfiction with romance is worse.

Yuzuru is an intensely private person and I don't even want to know what he might think of such stories!

I've read a few, and they were quite well done, but it is very true that RPF is a sensitive topic, so just make sure you're being cautious and not(for lack of a better word) cringy! Respect and privacy is ALWAYS the key with RPF.

I'm an author on Wattpad also, so I will gladly follow your journey in the writing world! Cheering you on, my friend! Just remember, respect and privacy is always key :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a big fanfiction reader in other fandoms but it's usually hard for me to enjoy a fanfic about a real person I actually follow. Alternate universes are out of question, because I want to read about Yuzu, not someone kinda looking like Yuzu. Anything remotely not fitting my mental image of Yuzu and I'm out because that's not Yuzu to me. And finding a fic that would fit with how see Yuzu is basically impossible so I gave up.

• 2 months later...

Honestly, there are quite a few out there on Wattpad. The story progression, character development of some of them are good and all, but imo there’s always something off when reading fiction about someone who exists irl. Also, the way the authors portray Yuzu is a bit weird because I can’t quite imagine him doing the stuff that’s written in those fanfics, but then again I don’t know Yuzu on a personal level so I can’t judge 🤣 Admittedly some of the scenes are cute though 😖Either way Yuzu fanfics are not really my cup of tea, but maybe you’ll find them enjoyable :9:

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...