sallycinnamon

[2019] GP NHK Trophy - Men Short Program

Remember Nathan got a 108 with a subpar performance. Let that sink in. Then compare it to what happened here. 

When I watched the stream live, he looked so tense before getting into place I was really worried. But it turned out fine. Now I only hope he skated decently in the FS and ended it well WITH GOOD HEALTH :knc_brian3:

Yeah, for a moment I was thinking "Damn, he would lose that 3T..." but he managed to get through even after long slide from 4T.

1 minute ago, vd_turnan said:

It's like he's been to a judging seminar in the US or Russia. Lesson 1: look after your skater

Didn't particularly lowball Sota but didn't throw him any candies, either.

3 minutes ago, vd_turnan said:

Except that the ladies are not matching him... there's long way to go until that.

Hence why it would be a BIG compliment (probably the greatest compliment a skater could get on a 3A, or any jump tbh... instead of "beautiful, textbook, best ever" just say "Hanyu's 3A godlike level!" and it would say it all :biggrin:)

30 minutes ago, vd_turnan said:

anyway, I guess we have to wait until GPF to see if scored in the same competitions with the others - Samarin and Chen - by the same panel, he will finally get the proper scores

I don’t think Yuzu will get proper scores even then....especially if he skates before Samarin and Chen

Thank you fanyus for providing real time commentary so those of us unable to watch can panic along with you. Waiting *impatiently* for videos to be made available.

1 minute ago, LadyLou said:

Hence why it would be a BIG compliment (probably the greatest compliment a skater could get on a 3A, or any jump tbh... instead of "beautiful, textbook, best ever" just say "Hanyu's 3A godlike level!" and it would say it all :biggrin:)

TBF it would be an insult to Yuzu :D 

1 minute ago, MeowZu said:

Remember Nathan got a 108 with a subpar performance. Let that sink in. Then compare it to what happened here. 

as much as we want everybody to be scored correctly, it will not happen. I gave up on that quite a while ago, to be honest. I'm only left with everybody being scored by the same standard and the grades comparable. That's why I don't think the score was fair. It might have been in the first case, with everybody scored correctly, but that's not happening anymore. I'm sorry, but it seems somehow that only in Yuzu's case the score needs to be fair.

Excuse me is anyone seeing what I'm seeing ISU just posted a youtube video called  "nhktrophy men hanyu vod" HAHAHAHAH

He has to be absolutely perfect in Turin. Otherwise, they'd give it to Nathan. Heck, they'd give it to Samarin if he goes clean. What a sad world we live in.

6 minutes ago, MeowZu said:

hm, when? his SB is 107.40 and it was clean with 4Lz, not that I think it was right, especially 46 PCS he got there, but it is what it is.