sallycinnamon

[2019] GP NHK Trophy - Men Short Program

9 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I feel like judges are confused when Yuzuru skates, because they would just love to just throw all 10's and 5 goes at him, but then they remember that they have to be strict, plus Yuzuru is not the new champion that the powerful feds want, so they just throw random 0's at him.

I get it. It must be like an inner battle between 'give him everything' and 'give him nothing'. 

Either way, he is not judged by the same standards as everyone else, that's for sure.

Just now, Neenah said:

I also think Yuzu's score is fair. I know some of us expected more because he is in Japan but Yuzu doesn't need or want the inflation, so it should be fine. I am sure we hab=ve a perfect Otonal coming in the future and I am looking forward to it.

I do find it funny that people are arguing that his lower PC is because he was better at SC as if that has anything to do with his score today. The judges don't check his previous performance and score before scoring him. However, it is apparent that 48 is Yuzu's benchmark when clean(ish). If he wants higher, he needs to be flawless (like his rt in practice in SC).

I did expect more, not because he is in japan, but because after SC I've seen the scores in IDF and COR

4 minutes ago, Nutmeg said:

For once they tried to home cook and you called them out on it :hihi:

It's just really unfamiliar, I was truly shocked when I saw it was the Japanese judge.

4 minutes ago, shanshani said:

this is the same US judge that gave him 8 on SS a year ago

just baffling

Excuse me did you say HE GAVE HIM 8 ON SS A YEAR AGO?

How is he still allowed to judge? Did he get eye surgery?

1 minute ago, LadyLou said:

The caption is...baffling? Questionable attempt at being funny? He's been... the gold standard for 3A for... a while....really a LONG while... so the opposite caption (ladies matching Hanyu with their 3A) would actually be more accurate and a BIG compliment...(regardless of the genre, a gold standards is a gold standard)

I have given up hope for the most beautiful stsq ever getting all +5s 

Except that the ladies are not matching him... there's long way to go until that.

4 minutes ago, Tee said:

That's such a gorgeous pic... suddenly wanting it on a banner (nooo I'm already getting one for gpf I can't hold several banners at once sob so unfair, Yuzu deserves

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

It's just really unfamiliar, I was truly shocked when I saw it was the Japanese judge.

It's like he's been to a judging seminar in the US or Russia. Lesson 1: look after your skater

Well, IMO his score is ok, but if they gave P/C 90+ earlier, this should be 110+ as well lol. Somehow I wish he would get the benefit of doubt and candies like others although he doesn't need it. One thing I want to complain is his stsq, it should be +5 across the board. 

Anyway nice to have you guys to survive SP first with. Going to go eat something... See you later!

Just now, WinForPooh said:

Doug Williams also gave +5 on the StSq and the 3A. As is right.

But I'm so confused.

Is he trying to be forgiven then? Did he saw the preemptive tweets? Lol

Feelings right now:

-delighted by Yuzu's performance, what a pleasure to watch him even at ungodly hours :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

-okay with the score in an absolute manner (I think SCI was slightly better) 

-not okay with the disparity on goe, notably on spin scoring (0 and 1 on his spins? Are they drunk?) :curse:

-not okay with scoring relative to other skaters but what else is new. Yuzu has his own standards I guess :dry:

Well, it's a wild ride.

Time to go to work now...