sallycinnamon

[2019] GP NHK Trophy (22-24.11) - Practice, Fluff and all the In-betweens

41 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Ok, I'll give it a shot for now. Please keep in mind that I don't really do translations, so I might lose some nuances. But until someone better can do it ^_^ Link: https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20191123-11231338-nksports-spo

Kevin: "I honestly can't believe it. To me, he (Yuzu) is the champions of a generation. I went to watch 2012 Worlds in France. I can still remember very well his performance there. In any case, I am thankful to have become his skating friend. I wish to some day become someone who gives power to everyone just by standing in the rink, like Yuzuru does."

Roman (they say he conveyed his meaning through jokes): "I personally think that Yuzuru is the god of skating. He has been very good for this sport (Note: I found this sentence kind of strange in Japanese, but I think that's the gist of it). While adding many quads, his quality has not dropped. He has a connection with the audience and his jumps and the entirety of his programs are well connected. Being in the same competition together is amazing and I respect him. For better or for worse, I think he is still in the skating world (laughs) (Note: not sure about this one; he's joking, but I'm not sure I'm translating it properly). I hope it is not the last time we get to be side by side like this."

For what Yuzu said, I'm pretty sure they shortened it, but what they had him saying was just that he noticed FS is changing, because there are always different skaters (next to him) on the podium. Given that he usually praises his co-podiumers, I'd be surprised if that's really all he said. (And as I have a personal experience with Nikkan 'summing' up something I said, so it became something else entirely, please do take all of this with a dose of salt until we have other sources, as well!)

Whatever Roman said should be available in English somewhere, since he doesn't speak Japanese. Also, his default speaking mode is sarcasm, which rarely translates well...so don't feel too bad about getting his meaning

2 hours ago, shanshani said:

Russia likes Yuzu, so if he could get some backing from Canada fed for being their adopted son and some backing from Russia fed because TAT et al like him, then maybe that could partially make up for JSF's complete lack of support and counteract the US politicking juggernaut. We could promise to shut up about Samarin in return :emoticonaci2019_2: 

I don't want to see any panels with Doug Williams on them at any competition that Yuzu skates in

If Russia had no men in the final then maybe, but I'm afraid with both Dima and Samarin in the final it won't matter how much TAT likes Yuzu...

Thanks Yuzu... 😒😫 the relief was short-lived and we're back on the Anxiety Express.

i know we're all excited about GPF, the YOLOing, the broken curse, the cute victory ceremony, etc etc but there's only one thing on my mind now.

The possibility of seeing queen LGC again...... Please Yuzu... I've been begging for 3 years . i've never been more hyped about him possibly recycling something

19 minutes ago, Wyell said:

Thanks Yuzu... 😒😫 the relief was short-lived and we're back on the Anxiety Express.

Yeah, we’re in for a marathon now. Have you got any hair left yet? 

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

The source is Nikkan Sports, though, so I'd really rather see it in other media, too... (they apparently wrote some crap about him even this weekend, but I didn't feel like checking to see what it was).

If no one else gives it a shot, I'll try translating it.

Spoiler

I don't want to dampen our spirits here, but I saw Nikkan Sports photos from yesterday which showed OP shots of Yuzu close to Tomoki Hiwatashi, and the captions underneath made comments like "interfering in the pathway" or "giving intimidating looks" - implying that Yuzu was being aggressive and deliberately interfering with Tomoki's practice.  These shots were blurry and looked like a couple of skaters passing each other in the middle of a busy practice session, but the precise moment and angle of shots made it look like a potential interference. I am quite shocked at the level of open hostility and damaging allegation being thrown at Yuzu; or perhaps it's typical of these tabloids looking to stir up a conflict where none exists.  Nikkan S*t Sports.  Would like to see them sued for defamation.  

2 hours ago, Fay said:

Yuzu, could you, please invite Roman to next CiONTU an skate PW to his live guitar? :knc_yuzu1:

If anyone feels like telling Yagudin what a disappointment he is, feel free to visit his insta where he thanks Sergei for keeping Jason out of gpf, sigh... :emoticonaci2019_2:

When I thought he's at least 1% less problematic than Pluschenko he has to be a douche about it. Ehhh "winter" is canceled, bye bye my childhood memories. 

yeah, I saw a post about Yagudin making fun of Jason and giving thumps up to calling him "ice princess"... disgusting.

11 minutes ago, polyesterheart said:

If anyone feels like telling Yagudin what a disappointment he is, feel free to visit his insta where he thanks Sergei for keeping Jason out of gpf, sigh... :emoticonaci2019_2:

When I thought he's at least 1% less problematic than Pluschenko he has to be a douche about it. Ehhh "winter" is canceled, bye bye my childhood memories. 

5 minutes ago, airi said:

yeah, I saw a post about Yagudin making fun of Jason and giving thumps up to calling him "ice princess"... disgusting.

How... HOW? Some people don't stop to impress me. And not at all in a good way. :yznotimpressed:

Okay, this are the last moments when we can guess Zu's gala program. My bet is

1) PINK PANTHER

2) Shizuka tribute

ok, I'm going to sleep but really looking forward to watching a Gala in the morning :)

(still no rumors about ex? annoying :laughing:)