• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,
I share with you this video montage I made recently. It's to thank the Japanese skaters for this 2020-2021 season, and of course to thank Yuzu^^.  :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:
I love them all, but we had to make some choices to make this video.
Even if they are far away, we are still behind them and think about them a lot !
The song is "Staring at the sun" sung by Mika. 

I hope I'm posting it in the right forum (if not, please tell me where to post it)

Japanese figure skaters 2020-2021 - YouTube

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

crossposting from the general chat

On 9/13/2021 at 6:17 PM, LadyLou said:

I wanted ot share this Yuzu fanvid to Do not go gentle into that good night. (there are multiple voiceovers and I think background music from Interstellar):

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1d341117au

The montage and vid are lovely, but I feel it's somewhat hominous too:tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:  especially when it says season 2021-22:smiley-scared003:

though it kind of fits, the Good night could be because Yuzuru's competitive career isn't gonna last that much longer, like it or not. His Nessie quest is his "not going gentle"... I also feel one might read it as if the Night is coming for FS as a whole, and Yuzuru, who loves FS more than anyone else, is still fighting for it, for his kind of FS. Rage, rage against the dying of the light!  It feels beautiful and inspiring but also dramatic:dpooh:

Sorry, I'm a bit emo :consoling2:

ETA: OMG I've missed lovely vids in the (long)time I haven't checked this thread:tumblr_inline_mzx8vsq1d71r8msi5:

@Marie-E your vid is so sweet:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw: no matter how hard i've been trying to detatching myself from all the non-Yuzu fs so I suffer less, Team Japan always makes me soft (my bb Mai and her fairy costume! bb Rika on fire! Wakababy! Kao-chan! I love them all:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:)

@toeloopaxel I loved how you put all the evolution of Yuzuru's career, truly shows how far he's gone and how precious every moment of the journey has been:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow: Also managed to make e hyped for the season, whoa!

@ritardando lovely montage and flawless choice of clips!:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg: (like the timing of hand movement in Tenchi stsq and closing pose? so powerful!)

I didn't know the song nor the background, the video is even more meaningful after elarning about it... also OMG you did Unstoppable?:bow::bow: That was one of my favourite comfort fanvids as a bb fanyu, I was rewatching it daily in the weeks between 4CC17(first comp that I followed in real time) and WC17:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:  (psssst if you're still around here and happen to read this and are still taking suggestions for music for Zu vids, what about Buonvino & Skin - Renaissance? for some reason I associate the refrain with Yuzuru):embSwan:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, wanted to share this here. I discovered this on Bili and it actually made me realize the true worth of Origin. Which is not one of my most favourites when I look at single competitions where he skated it (though I love the costumes), but truthfully Origin is brilliant and really embodies Yuzuru's heart when I look at the program as a whole, across every time he skated it, because he fought so hard with it.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1UF411x72G

The editing is so well done and the quotes are perfect :crybaby:

• 3 weeks later...

I thought to add here some of my favorite MADs from the past month or so.

Actually, this video/song made me so interested that I sought the English translation of the lyrics. You can find them here https://christinesunflower.com/2022/01/20/an-english-translation-of-you-are-the-hero-by-eason-chan-arcane-leagueoflegends-imaginedragons-easonchan-chinese-englishtranslation-youarethehero-陳奕迅/

And finally, a weibo link to my current favorite https://weibo.com/tv/show/1034:4743730897551491?from=old_pc_videoshow

• 2 months later...
On 7/2/2022 at 8:59 AM, ImmortalBeloved said:

I found this nice collection of fan Tiktoks  - some cute moments captured in this compilation.  Btw does anyone know how I can get copies of these playing cards at 17:55 ?

Thank you @ImmortalBeloved for sharing this video.:smiley-love017: I saw some of these cards on instagram. Unfortunately I don't have any information about it either. :scratch2: One possibility would be to ask the IG user about it (?).

Here more :68271262:

Spoiler