WinForPooh

[2019] GP Cup of China - Men SP and FS

1 hour ago, Salior said:

why did boyang get a fall deduction again, can't find the fall. Was it the Stsq or the ending

I think it was a time deduction because of his stumble at the end.

30 minutes ago, caterpillar said:

it was written as a fall though, would the annotation be different if it was a time deduction?

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1920/gpchn2019/FSKMSINGLES-----------FNL-000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf

Yuzu's 2017 Worlds SP was labelled as late start 

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/wc2017/wc2017_Men_SP_Scores.pdf 

1 hour ago, caterpillar said:

No, he finished the program in time. He got the -1 deduction because when he stumbled he put his hands down and it seemed most of his body weight was on the ice.

Which makes me thinks of Nathan's 3A at IdF, his body weight was also on the ice when he put his hands down so it should have been a -1 point deduction as well.

25 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

No, he finished the program in time. He got the -1 deduction because when he stumbled he put his hands down and it seemed most of his body weight was on the ice.

Which makes me thinks of Nathan's 3A at IdF, his body weight was also on the ice when he put his hands down so it should have been a -1 point deduction as well.

Thank you for the explanation! 

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

yeah if they're gonna count Boyang's stumble they should have counted Nate's slip. Not that it would have affected the outcome in either competition, but the men in IdF got off a lot lighter than has been standard for tech panels in singles this season

Just got home and watched the men - cannot tell you how thrilled I am to see Han Yan back, I don’t care about the quad, though obviously it would be great if he got it back, but I’m just so pleased to see him skating so beautifully.  Boyang has the 4Ltz to end all 4Ltz - just wish he’d calculate his take off so that I don’t get heart failure thinking he’s going to hit the boards every time.  I think his 3A is improved too. The rest is better but not enough to counteract the perceived wisdom that he can’t do transitions etc.  Maybe his coaches and Han Yan’s need to do some joint sessions....