WinForPooh

[2019] GP Cup of China (8-10.11) - Practice, Fluff & all the In-betweens + Gala

8 hours ago, vd_turnan said:

I wonder if Camden pulls a good skate here and somehow manages to get to the GPF, will the US media start noticing him? With a silver, he could qualify.

I don't care about US media. Camden is a well-rounded promising young skater and I cross my toes and fingers for him to do well this weekend. He deserves every credit.

16 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Now that Yuzu's :1497158260_5GOE: twizzle sandwich 3A is finally been recorded, I'm interested to see how Han Yan's 3A will be scored in terms of new GOE system. 

He doesn't have the resume or the flag so I'm guessing if it's perfect +3... at best.

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I think he'd have to podium at GPF for the ones at NBC Online to acknowledge his existence. :snbleh:

What do you mean?  NBC mentioned him in both his events.  You didn't see the line in BOTH articles about how Yuzu's point margins came against "no skater that has finished in the top 10 at worlds"? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Old Cat Lady said:

He doesn't have the resume or the flag so I'm guessing if it's perfect +3... at best.

What do you mean?  NBC mentioned him in both his events.  You didn't see the line in BOTH articles about how Yuzu's point margins came against "no skater that has finished in the top 10 at worlds"? :rolleyes:

I only saw the line in the second one! They didn't even mention him in their ACI coverage. At least, not at first. They may have gone back and edited him in later after a bunch of people tweeted at them about it.

10 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I only saw the line in the second one! They didn't even mention him in their ACI coverage. At least, not at first. They may have gone back and edited him in later after a bunch of people tweeted at them about it.

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/tag/autumn-classic/

2nd paragraph.  

I was talking to my roommate and a Japanese fan about US media and actually predicted the line about "no top 10 finisher" before I saw the article on Skate Canada. As if it matters whether Yuzu or Nathan compete against the 3rd place finisher or the last place finisher with the current state of men's skating. 

4 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/tag/autumn-classic/

2nd paragraph.  

I was talking to my roommate and a Japanese fan about US media and actually predicted the line about "no top 10 finisher" before I saw the article on Skate Canada. As if it matters whether Yuzu or Nathan compete against the 3rd place finisher or the last place finisher with the current state of men's skating. 

Oh, you mean the line about top 10 finishers! I thought you meant Camden coverage. I still don't see him anywhere in that miserable excuse for journalism they claim is an article.

No, hang on...I just caught on to what you're saying... i.e. they included him in the 'no other finishers' line. 

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

No, hang on...I just caught on to what you're saying... i.e. they included him in the 'no other finishers' line. 

yes, that's what I meant.  I hope you didn't take the ":rolleyes:" as being directed at you rather than at the NBC shade 

2 minutes ago, madraykin said:

Boo, someone has just requested a meeting at 11:30 :sad4:

(Men's short starts at 11:05 for me.)

Tell them no

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Tell them no

Sadly they are a lot more senior than me.

Luckily though I'm at home so I can still have it on, just muted...

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I don't care about US media. Camden is a well-rounded promising young skater and I cross my toes and fingers for him to do well this weekend. He deserves every credit.

To me he comes across as like the kind of nice, wholesome, American boy who is always the main character in teen rom-coms but instead of playing football or whatever he's a figure skater. I know this is super silly, but whenever I see him smiling I can't help but imagine his face on a movie poster or something. I'm surprised the US media isn't all over him since he's such a good looking kid, although I guess Nathan is too and he's got the medals and titles behind him too. 

20 hours ago, memae said:

To me he comes across as like the kind of nice, wholesome, American boy who is always the main character in teen rom-coms but instead of playing football or whatever he's a figure skater. I know this is super silly, but whenever I see him smiling I can't help but imagine his face on a movie poster or something. I'm surprised the US media isn't all over him since he's such a good looking kid, although I guess Nathan is too and he's got the medals and titles behind him too. 

And maybe Nathan’s ”masculine” hip-hop skating makes for a more comfortable icon than someone more artistic, like Camden...

The ISU just uploaded a bunch of old videos, interviews and even some full competitions on their youtube... Probably a mistake but go and download things if you want until they delete/make things unlisted haha 

https://www.youtube.com/user/SkatingISU/videos 

Edit: Oops, kind of the wrong thread but i'm keeping it here anyways 

8 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

They didn't even consider this is his first senior year, thus he was not at senior worlds. but he was 8th in junior, after being first in the SP. it is still something.