Satellite Identification at Competitions - would a badge be a good idea?

Next design (I feel like this one is a little cute!)

Spoiler

link removed because of a redesign

And this one is PW, SCI version (final art, because I took the photo). I think we'd either have to print it vertically and let people write their name on the rink beside Yuzu, or add white space to maintain the 2"x3" aspect ratio:

I like the first one best - with a sort of caption cloud above Yuzu's head.  I'm so blah that my PH handle is actually my name.  Me aka me.  What a great idea.  So I could keep people straight and know who'd i met before, I typed out all the satellite names for the ACI meet-up and then wrote the real names down as I met people , and some identifying info, if appropriate.  And, then for SCI, did the same thing but put an asterisk on everyone who'd been there for ACI and a mark for who was going for dinner, etc..  And I'll likely do the same thing for Worlds - but the name buttons will really help.  And I can think of at least one person who isn't going to Worlds who I will get one for.  He'll be at ACI this fall and is a true fan.

You come up with such good ideas @rockstaryuzu  I guess this is what happens when your time is freed up from making massive dinner plans for everyone.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Next design (I feel like this one is a little cute!)

And this one is PW, SCI version (final art, because I took the photo). I think we'd either have to print it vertically and let people write their name on the rink beside Yuzu, or add white space to maintain the 2"x3" aspect ratio:

I like the second design with the satellites because it is simple, clean and shows what we are (satellites around Planet Hanyu).  The only request for an adjustment: is it possible to have either 3 or 5 satellites and avoid 4 satellites?   Four is a bad number since it connotes death in Japanese - and we don't like to have clusters of four items for this reason.  Yuzu is (somewhat) superstitious about such things, and other Japanese fanyus will notice such things (as I did) because this is so ingrained into us.  Hope this is not too difficult to do?  Assuming this is the selected design.  Thanks so much for all your efforts at this!!  Really appreciate it!

12 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

I like the second design with the satellites because it is simple, clean and shows what we are (satellites around Planet Hanyu).  The only request for an adjustment: is it possible to have either 3 or 5 satellites and avoid 4 satellites?   Four is a bad number since it connotes death in Japanese - and we don't like to have clusters of four items for this reason.  Yuzu is (somewhat) superstitious about such things, and other Japanese fanyus will notice such things (as I did) because this is so ingrained into us.  Hope this is not too difficult to do?  Assuming this is the selected design.  Thanks so much for all your efforts at this!!  Really appreciate it!

Yes, I can totally change that. As I was making it, I wasn't sure what the right number would be. In fact I can change it now

New link, now with 5 satellites, for the Olympic rings and because 3 was too lonely:

Just now, Sukigirl said:

Hi @rockstaryuzu I'm ok with any of the designs and totally on board with having an identifier for our meet-ups. Just dropping by to say I really appreciate you putting in the effort to do this and if you need help defraying the costs, let me know.

Thanks! I will if it gets out of control, but so far I got it covered. 

I love the first design with Seimei Yuzu in a snowy background...it's feels as if Yuzu is presenting you...voila, my friend!!

Rounded edges would be so pretty, dreamlike and soft ...wow, that is a fine start, Rockstaryuzu...how do you outdo this one?:clapclap4:

43 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

One more. This one is more of a concept than a finalized design. I don't have rights to this photo either so would make it a silhouette or drawing instead

I had a whole raft of designs using Origin 2.0 in my head, but they seem rather useless now...

Love this one! :tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

One more. This one is more of a concept than a finalized design. I don't have rights to this photo either so would make it a silhouette or drawing instead

I had a whole raft of designs using Origin 2.0 in my head, but they seem rather useless now...

I like it, but will the button have a bg or something?

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

I like it, but will the button have a bg or something?

I'm still working this one out, so not sure yet. If I do put one in, it'd be a colour or the ice or something like that...nothing complex. I was thinking this concept would work well as a white silhouette on a coloured background