Satellite Identification at Competitions - would a badge be a good idea?

I think this is a terrific idea too!  Like the idea of having both our Planet handle and our real name on it.  Like many of you, I can remember faces much better than names and feel a bit sheepish about having to ask people their names when I've already met them before.  The other thing is when I'm actually trying to find out where a group of Satellites is meeting when  there isn't anyone I've met before in that group, I often asked complete strangers if they are members of the Planet; most of the time, this is okay, but I've also gotten some puzzled looks from strangers at competitions :rolleye0008:.

On 1/19/2020 at 8:43 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

Currently working on a design. I didn't drop this project, just had some RL stuff force it to the back burner. I hope to have these available at Worlds and going forward. 

I wonder, if you're busy, maybe the easier solution for now would be to use the design that is being offered for the tote in the PM group for Worlds.  It would be recognizable by people in that group at least?  That is, if the creator of the image is willing, of course!

Whatever is done, I would only list my handle on a badge. As a long time media fan I'm wary of having my real name "out there", just because the tradition is keeping "real" and "fannish" lives as separate as possible.  Note, I'm not saying anyone must do what I do; people should choose whatever they feel most comfortable with sharing.

5 hours ago, Songster01 said:

I wonder, if you're busy, maybe the easier solution for now would be to use the design that is being offered for the tote in the PM group for Worlds.  It would be recognizable by people in that group at least?  That is, if the creator of the image is willing, of course!

Whatever is done, I would only list my handle on a badge. As a long time media fan I'm wary of having my real name "out there", just because the tradition is keeping "real" and "fannish" lives as separate as possible.  Note, I'm not saying anyone must do what I do; people should choose whatever they feel most comfortable with sharing.

The tote design is great but it's highly detailed and isn't going to look very clear or stand out at badge size. Something simpler and more graphic will work better.

People are free to write what they like in the name portion since it will be blank. At least that's the plan. The intention is to save folks from having to repeatedly fumble for a name, regardless of which name it is. 

hace 37 minutos , SparkleSalad said:

What’s this about a tote? >_>

Here the infos at that time, the bag is going to be produced again for Worlds. Can I lure you to join the PM group with that?!:pouty:

On 11/11/2019 at 16:58, Wyell said:

Hey all,

We would like to produce a tote bag with the design to bring to GPF! Here's what it would look like (mock-up only!):

yoLCpLX.jpg

Due to logistical reasons, it is currently only planned for people who will be attending GPF in Torino. If there are people who would like to have one at Worlds, that will have to be organised separately. If you are attending GPF but not in the group chat, please contact @Yuzu_legend to be included, as you will need access to the Excel sheet to sign up for the bag.

The price per unit is dependent on how many we order, but expect it to be around 6 to 10€ per person.

Please note that we have to take into account production times, so the deadline to sign-up is this Sunday 17th Nov 8:00pm GMT. After that, we will place the order so it goes through the following Monday.

Thank you! :loveshower:

28 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Here the infos at that time, the bag is going to be produced again for Worlds. Can I lure you to join the PM group with that?!:pouty:

:O It’s so pretty! I’ll join as soon as I jump the last 500 hurdles between me and attending. :13877886: Don’t want to clog up the PM group and then not show up.

Hi satellites:

Please check the link below for a first draft idea of how this pin might look. Bear in mind that I don't own any rights to the photo used, so will be doing something - most likely making an original drawing based on it - to avoid infringing on copyright. The white space is for writing in your name/planet handle. 

Badge size would be rectangular 2" x 3"

More design ideas coming! unless you all like this one :heart:

Goals:

1. put up at least two more design ideas by Tuesday, if need be.

2. Get the final design sorted and pins ordered by next Sunday. 

I found a local company to work with which will ensure a quick turnaround time. That's the plan anyway.