I didn't even know there was a presale lottery for MOI. :embSwan:

Oh well, let's try our best for the general sale, it's not a lottery is it?

All Japan Medalists on Ice general sale will be at 9am JST tomorrow. Lawson is selling the tickets. Can't link to the website now but suggest going to the Japanese Nationals website for the links! 

ETA: Sorry I got too excited. It's tomorrow at 9am JST 😅 Just edited my post. 

7 minutes ago, katonice said:

Less than 5 mins in and all tickets sold out...

My L-tike page just crashed for 5 mins and by the time it loaded it was all gone.  :headdesk:

So I won a ticket to the Ladies/Pairs SP, and I also have a ticket to MOI (through my friend's help). No tickets to the Mens events though. 

Now I'm debating whether to push through with my trip. Do you guys know if there will be another lottery, general sale or ticket trade for tickets? I'm not too familiar with how the process has been for Nationals tickets. 

Should I still push through on the chance I might still get tickets for the mens events from now until December? Do you guys think they will offer standing tickets this year too? And then there's the question of how possible it is to get tickets considering so many people are looking.

Sigh so much to think about... 😩

On 11/11/2019 at 9:17 PM, katonice said:

So I won a ticket to the Ladies/Pairs SP, and I also have a ticket to MOI (through my friend's help). No tickets to the Mens events though. 

Now I'm debating whether to push through with my trip. Do you guys know if there will be another lottery, general sale or ticket trade for tickets? I'm not too familiar with how the process has been for Nationals tickets. 

Should I still push through on the chance I might still get tickets for the mens events from now until December? Do you guys think they will offer standing tickets this year too? And then there's the question of how possible it is to get tickets considering so many people are looking.

Sigh so much to think about... 😩

Congrats on winning tickets!! I applied for 20th and 22th and lost... :13877886: 

I think there will be one or two more sales like before past Nationals, but they will be fierce battles since many people have lost in the first lottery and are still trying to get a ticket.

As to whether they will sell standing tickets, I have no idea. 
The venue of Japanese Nationals this year is Yoyogi First Gymnasium. It has gone through a renovation recently and I only know its old shape, but unless it has been drastically renovated, there will be nowhere to stand except the aisles behind the last row of the spectators' seats. However, unlike in other venues in which they provided standing areas before, the aisles in Yoyogi gymnasium are not flat. They are a bit like mildly humpbacked slopes curve between the second floor and the ceiling of the building, so some might think it is dangerous to let people stand there during a long competition.

This is how were the second sales in the last three years:

Year Announcement Sales/application period Style
2016 (Probably on) Nov. 30 Dec.3-6 Lottery
2017 Nov. 24 Dec.1-3 Lottery
2018 Nov. 16 Dec.1-4 Lottery

*There were also third sales in mid-December in the last three years in the first-come-first-served style.

*Nationals this year is scheduled earlier than in the past few years, so if there is the second sale, I think they will announce it earlier.

ETA: Fixed some typos.

15 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Congrats on winning tickets!! I applied for 20th and 22th and lost... :13877886: 

I think there will be one or two more sales like before past Nationals, but they will be fierce battles since many people have lost in the first lottery and are still trying to get a ticket.

As to whether they will sell standing tickets, I have no idea. 
The venue of Japanese Nationals this year is Yoyogi First Gymnasium. It has gone through a renovation recently and I only know how its old shape, but unless it has been drastically renovated, there will be nowhere to stand except the aisles behind the last row of the spectators' seats. However, unlike in other venues in which they provided standing areas before, the aisles in Yoyogi gymnasium are not flat. They are a bit like mildly humpbacked slopes curve between the second floor and the ceiling of the building, so some might think it is dangerous to let people stand there during a long competition.

This is how were the second sales in the last three years:

Year Announcement Sales/application period Style
2016 (Probably on) Nov. 30 Dec.3-6 Lottery
2017 Nov. 24 Dec.1-3 Lottery
2018 Nov. 16 Dec.1-4 Lottery

*There were also third sales in mid-December in the last three years in the first-come-first-served style.

*Nationals this year is scheduled earlier than in the past few years, so if there is the second sale, I think they will announce it earlier.

Thank you so much! This is very helpful.

Since it's probable there will be a second lottery, I think I'll wait for that, and then decide whether to push through with my trip or not.

I'm just seeing so many people looking for Mens SP and FS tickets on twitter... it really does tend to leave one with little optimism :sigh:

Does anyone know if there will be any more lotteries/sales/trade for MOI or just the competition?

There's a second lottery! 

28 nov 10am - 2 dec 11pm

https://l-tike.com/sports/mevent/?mid=476088

https://scramble-talk.com/zennihonsensyuken2019-62186#ent

side note I found this site by chance and it looks quite helpful? (I google translated the whole page lolol) 

https://skatingjapan.or.jp/common/img/info/2019qualifying.pdf <- this confirmed yuzu as a seeded skater