Who is your favorite female skater?

Vote!  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey yuzuangel, thanks for the poll!! I actually was really interested if there was any commonality between liking Yuzuru and liking certain other skaters. For example, if most Yuzuru fans like Alexei Yagudin, Stephane Lambiel, etc. I think beyond Yuna's absolute skating greatness that makes people like her, I think there's especially aspects of Yuzuru's skating that remind me of her as well. But at the same time, I see so many aspects of Mao especially in his approach/personality towards skating. He's a fan of both of them, so I'm not surprised, and it's nice to see them both leading this poll. :goe:

Satton is the second love of my life and one of the only reasons I watch ladies these days. Her musicality is IMO the best in the field just look at her impeccable timing in this section.

(1:13 beautiful choreography that really highlights her music)

(2:30 perfect timing from haircutter to biellman just as the music changes)

(4:09 spiral at the climax, hop, throwing her hands up with the music after her 2A, etc.)

And she can spin in both directions like a boss!

She is so lovely to watch T.T I hope she heals up soon. Yes, her jumps are small and always under rotated, but I feel like it's just physically not possible for her to get enough momentum and power for large jumps. She trained so hard this season to fix the issue, and the result was her hip stress fracture. Her skating style is just so mature and smooth, and I love her so much. I've really missed her while she was gone :cry:

Also, I'm really starting to like Mai too. Her love for skating is so pure, it's hard not to feel happy when she does well. Hope she continues on this upward trajectory :s_yes

And until her r******nt in 2006, I loved Irina Slutskaya the most.

Me too! I still remember watching the Torino OG and there was this huge 'battle' between her and Sasha Cohen. I remember watching the SP performance with English commentary (don't know who the people are though) saying that she's not going to try to be artistic. She might not have the delicacy from Cohen, but she had a lot of charisma and I like 'powerful' performances quite a lot.

(Arakawa was quite a pleasant surprise in those games btw)

Queen Yuna's royal presence puts me in awe more, while Mao-chan's performances are more heartfed she's dearer to my heart. Such a hard choice, but since Yuna leads I voted for Mao-chan to even things out a bit :D

I also love Mai & Marin, especially Mai with her super smooth & fast skating, beautiful jumps and infectious smile (her ear-pulling before matches & turning on the spot with little fists after going clean, lol). She's got some maturing to do for sure, but I know I'll follow her through her career. (Her being off the list really spared me some hand-wringingly difficult choice lol)

ETA: One month later after a video marathon last night... I'm a Yuna-uber. Now I just can't understand why I wasn't one before.:laughing:

She's known as Queen Yuna for a reason. She wasn't simply the whole package, she was more. I don't think I need to say much because we all know how special she is.

I had to choose Michelle Kwan for nostalgia, she got me into skating, the highs, the heartbreak at the Oly's. I r****d from skating after her, Yuna got me back into it and Yuzu is the reason I'm still watching. :space:

She's known as Queen Yuna for a reason. She wasn't simply the whole package, she was more. I don't think I need to say much because we all know how special she is.

Sorry, but i don't see anything special on her :s_dunno

Her skating never did anything for me either. And the loop is my favorite jump, which she didn't really do. And lacking one cost her a second OGM (along with some Russian homecooking, but if she was able to match Sot jump for jump they couldn't have denied her). But some people don't see what makes so Yuzu special either so it's just a matter of taste I suppose.