Who is your favorite female skater?

Vote!  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sasha Cohen absolute top. Likely wouldn't be here today if it weren't for her and Plushenko. Yuzu is officially my favorite skater over Sasha and it took 16 years to happen. No easy feat IMO, so good on him. But to this day I am nit picky about things because of her. "Oh, that spiral is perfectly straight but I don't like the hip alignment; looks hydranty." "Oh while her back is parallel to the ice in that layback, I really wish she lifted the free leg to also be parallel to the ice." "Oh I wish they had more toe point...and I wish they had toe point in their jumps too." "I wish she would be a split jump in her footwork..." She has made me nearly impossible to please on the ladies end. :rofl2:

Distant seconds but I still like them, in no particular order

Shizuka Arakawa - wonderful ina bauer and good skating skills; If Sasha couldn't win gold she was my second choice. And she has done more with it for the sport.

Yulia Lipnitskaya - She's like a Sasha 2.0 with less polish. I hope she becomes a pro skater and develops that.

Satoko Miyahara - all the polish in the world, but I'd like better jumps from her

Mao Asada - Mao chan. That is all.

Carolina Kostner - skating skill to die for even still. Love her.

Those I like with potential to like even more:

Karen Chen - so hot and cold but when she wants to be good, she's great.

Mirai Nagasu - part of me is probably still invested in that 2010 Mirai that almost medalled at the olympics, but I do hope she can skate how she wants to skate in this olympic season.

Mai Mihara - so smooth on the ice. I couldn't take my eyes off her in practice at worlds. Looking forward to her development and better packing next season.

Marin Honda - so many great qualities and she isn't even out of juniors yet. I'm confident more greatness is to come.

i'm pretty sure I have a "type" when it comes to these things, but I decidedly don't care about that bias. I like pretty skating, so sue me.

It's hard to choose when you have 2 favorite skaters: one from history and one currently skating. Maybe we should have two polls: favorite skater of all times (for me it's Kim Yuna) and current favorite skater (for me it's Evgenia).

That would definitely make it easier to choose ^^

My all time fave would be Mao. But I voted other for my babies Waka and Polya :love:

And I also love Akiko, Adelina, Anna, Kaetlyn and others.

I love Satoko Miyahara. She's so delicate and her layback spins are to die for. The only thing she needs is better jumps.

However, Mai Mihara is slowly stealing my heart <3

Btw, I do follow skaters from other nationalities, it's just that the two of them happen to be Japanese :wink:

I used to love Irina Slutskaya a lot ^^

It's SO hard to choose just one!

Sasha Cohen was the reason I started following figure skating. Yeah, she wasn't consistent but everything she did was beautiful.

Then came Yuna and Mao and their skating was just like a magic.

I also admire Carolina Costner and Michelle Kwan (although I didn't follow skating while she was active)

All these skaters have in common incredible SS and great artistry.

As expected Queen Yuna is leading by a huge margin :cool:

I won't deny that Satoko has jump issues but she's just sooo polished and lovely on the ice that I don't even pay attention to the jumping lol. Her fs this season completely sold me on her, so I'll be rooting for my tiny queen for the rest of her (hopefully long and healthy) career :love:

It's hard to choose when you have 2 favorite skaters: one from history and one currently skating. Maybe we should have two polls: favorite skater of all times (for me it's Kim Yuna) and current favorite skater (for me it's Evgenia).

Yes please, this would be so much easier!