ISU Announces Live Streaming of GP Events and ISU Championships on Youtube

Just now, Louitunes said:

Well UK is not on list of European countries geoblocked.  Are they classing us in or out of Europe though? 

According to their statements, if not on the list, not geoblocked on the YT channel. And geographically, yes, I guess yu are still Europeans (Boris Jhonson and his EU affair left apart). But  could ask the ISU contact for confirmation. I would.

6 minutes ago, Louitunes said:

Well UK is not on list of European countries geoblocked.  Are they classing us in or out of Europe though? 

We're in Europe.

We may leave the EU but we'll still be geographically and politically Europe, nothing can change that short of some sort of catastrophic disaster.

2 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

:smiley-shocked032: That's adding a whole new level to this world's insanity. I am able to watch your :2 right now on the internet, but not :1. They are blocking probably only some programs, depending on the bought rights, at least for us. No idea, what is ČTV doing with the restrictions. I thought, they would allow you to watch probably the ČT original programs at least, or other that you have rights for... 

Well, one is learning new things every day. :68468287:

I just tried yours and  ČT1, ČT2 and ČT Sport were all geoblocked ("We are sorry, this content is not available at your territory due to limited copyright."). 

And I'm getting the same message even when I'm trying to watch figure skating in their archive :/ As soon as I change my VPN to Czech, it works.  

So I guess I'll just wait to see whether the YT stream is geoblocked this week and if it is, then I'll buy some good fast VPN... 

9 minutes ago, madraykin said:

We're in Europe.

We may leave the EU but we'll still be geographically and politically Europe, nothing can change that short of some sort of catastrophic disaster.

I thought the whole point for those who wanted to leave is that we will be out of Europe and independent - especially politically.  Come 31st we will know.  That's why I'm travelling to France and the IDF on the 30th!  Whether I can get back is another matter!!!      :HELPSOS:

39 minutes ago, Louitunes said:

well Germany and Portugal are missing as well...this weekend will be the FS streaming hunting and VPN testing one :huh:

16 minutes ago, mercedes said:

well Germany and Portugal are missing as well...this weekend will be the FS streaming hunting and VPN testing one :huh:

I'm living in hope.  With all the lovely helpful Satellites on the Planet we usually get some sort of stream even if not the 'official' one. :agree2:

Tsk.

The NOS do *not* broadcast or stream figure skating, EVER, with the exception of the winners at Worlds, if you're lucky to happen to catch it. 

So if the ISU are claiming the NOS have the broadcasting rights for the figure skating GP, that means either they somehow managed to sell it in a full package together with the speed skating, or else they're simply lying and don't want to have to deal with blocking speed skating but not figure skating, and just block the whole thing. 

Either way, it sounds like I'm screwed and will have to look into a VPN. 

Never put a Dutch speed skater in charge of the ISU. *sigh* I'm sure he's perfectly happy with how this is turning out. 

2 hours ago, mercedes said:

Nooooo RAI has the rights but those idiots won’t show it why why you buy something and then you don’t air it??

vpn or Russian streaming site it is it’s seems or isakura ....:crybaby:

me when I learned RAI bought the rights --->  :yuck:

I still have trauma from their unreliable broadcasting of figure skating during last OWG :sadPooh:

1 hour ago, mercedes said:

I'm glad this season SA is the first GP, if Yuzuru had been in the first event the whole hunting for a stream would have been much more stressfull...

I'll use this weekend to see if YT is really geoblocked for us and if I can unblock it with Opera vpn or someting...then if it won't work, I guess it will be time to try and buy a vpn... if anyone has any advice, feel free to share:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

well, i still hope Rai won't be so mean to geoblock something they won't even be streaming... and that if they do geoblock they'll have the decency of streaming live the whole thing, no delayed streaming of italian skaters only, I NEED to be able to watch live the whole thing, darn it!  Especially since they force me to pay them regardless of me actually wanting to watch their channels....

It is, though, a bit reassuring to me that CBC is going to stream most gps, I have sometimes managed to watch their streaming with free vpn and there's usually nice fans sharing the HD footage with the rest of us:tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

Uh oh. Upon checking the NBC website, the gala isn't listed on the schedule for either SA or SC.

Now to send some emails to see if they'll allow US fans to at least watch the ISU stream of the galas...

Edit: heard back from NBC, no galas for the US this year. Guess I'll still need to either get a VPN or hope QQLive or a Russian stream is available...

16 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

me when I learned RAI bought the rights --->  :yuck:

I still have trauma from their unreliable broadcasting of figure skating during last OWG :sadPooh:

Spoiler

ho guardato su rai player....trasmettono i campionati di biliardo ,non ho parole guarda ....vabbè:banginghead:

In my country, ISU sold the rights to the TV broadcaster as a package, so they sold GP and ISU championships, both figure skating and speed skating/short track broadcasting rights. The problem is that short track is getting really popular here since the country won its first Olympic gold medal in winter sports in Pyeongchang, so they'll probably broadcast all short track GP events but no figure skating. Now SA or SC are not listed on the TV program. I don't know if it means that if they have the rights, the Youtube stream will be blocked or they only block it when they broadcast the event on TV. Either way I'll send an e-mail to the broadcaster and ask them if there's a chance that they'll broadcast some of the GP events....Preferably SC, NHK and GPF :) 

4 hours ago, Sabrina said:

I‘m so happy that I’ll be able to watch figureskating on YT this season! But it was kind of obvious that Germany wouldn’t buy figureskating rights because Germany is a wasteland when it comes to figureskating ! 

Yes, horrible wasteland. Nebelhorn Trophy, Bavarian Open, that event in Dortmund... You’re very lucky. ;-)