WinForPooh

[2019] GP Skate America - Pairs SP and FS

And that must go into the lead! Liked the program but didn't like the vocals.

Just now, Fay said:

Cheng PENG / Yang JIN

3T turnout 

3Tw

3Lo throw great 

nice death spiral, very unusual 

the sbs spins is off sync 

the StSq was good, the lift was just breathtaking 

should lead, but I'm not too sure. 

The field for pairs here is sorta thin... 

I think Zabiiako/Enbert were here before?:scratch3:

Just now, Paskud said:

I think Zabiiako/Enbert were here before?:scratch3:

They are off for the season, likely to have retired for good. Enbert has a heart condition. 

Nice to watch on Youtube!! My CBC feed wasn't working (even though they said it was supposed to), and the YT worked as well. Hope it's that way for men too...YT is so much more reliable than the CBC feed has been for me, historically...

Anyway, I only caught Peng/Jin... nice program. I think they just look more and more comfortable as a team every year... and to think they were kind of the *second choice* when the two teams were broken up...

Edit: I didn't realize Zabiiako and Enbert were probably done for good... my goodness... too bad for him.

1 minute ago, Fay said:

They are off for the season, likely to have retired for good. Enbert has a heart condition. 

I know, but that's why pairs field here looks thin. One of top teams WDed. :)

Только что, Pink Elephants сказал:

After the jgps & challengers the gps are gonna seem so short :D

Just wait a bit for Euro. :Poohgaveup:

Oh wow, I hadn't heard that Enbert has a heart condition. That's nothing to mess around with - and depending on what it is, it certainly could force them into an early retirement.

And P/K program is so much better than in previous season. And some really great elements.

Well...at least I could watch the last two pairs..lol...I must say I am positive surprised about the good quality of the stream! Nice to be able to watch it on YT! 

I liked Peng/Jin today, the choreo is good and the music is really interesting/unique :)

I knew Zabiiako/Enbert WD from the test skates but I had no idea that Enbert's condition is so serious. :( Hope he will be fine. Nothing is more important than health. 

18 hours ago, Fay said:

That's so sad.  After they made so many improvements last year but better to be safe.  I knew they were out for the grand prix but I had no idea it was this serious.

Pavliuchenko/Khodykin

One of the pairs I was looking forward to seeing.  I don’t remember seeing them before and am curious how they compare.

Sbs 3t 

3tw - good

Lasso lift - slows at end but otherwise great.

Sbs combo spin - good unison

Th 3lo - nice

Death spiral nice.

A different class from everything before them. So curious what’s going to happen at nationals.  It’s going to be a real battle to get on the team. Look polished for such a young team.

Cain-Gribble/Leduc

Ugh.  Why do they keep using these hideous body suits. 

3tw - doesn’t look as smooth as P/K’s

Sbs 3s 

Th 3lz - fall

Lift - slow at end but looked secure

Death spiral

Sbs spin - she has a hunch in her sit which is very noticeable next to his sit

Peng/Jin

Sbs 3t - telegraphed, she turns out

3tw - nice

3lo th - beautiful, big

Death spiral - ok

Sbs spin - a little out of synch

Lift - air position could be better

Not great performers. I was hoping that they’d improve on that this year after seeming to make some strides in their SP last year, but it’s still early season so maybe it’ll get there later.

I’m surprised at how close the top 3 are. Cain-Gribble/Leduc don’t have the quality where I expect them to score high even with a mistake.  It looks like the judges would have placed them first if they were clean.

*** after protocols.  - P/J have a whole bunch of -4/-5’s for their sbs jump. I guess all the little issues add up but on first impression it seemed like such a small mistake

Pairs free is starting c: Here's the ISU stream for those that need it: