2019/2020 Season prediction game

OMG!  I just realized that I forgot about Papadakis/Cizeron when doing my predictions even though they're in one of the questions that I made! :rofl3:

Not going to change it since the only reason I caught it was because I was checking who got their predictions in - feels like cheating since no one else gets that 

@Sayu93 Can you specify the order of the Triple A? I only give points within 1 placement difference so can't assume points without knowing who's where.  As long as it's changed before the ladies SP you can still get full credit.

Also, for everyone - if you don't specify placement I assume you mean in the order that you listed them.

15 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

OMG!  I just realized that I forgot about Papadakis/Cizeron when doing my predictions even though they're in one of the questions that I made! :rofl3:

Not going to change it since the only reason I caught it was because I was checking who got their predictions in - feels like cheating since no one else gets that 

@Sayu93 Can you specify the order of the Triple A? I only give points within 1 placement difference so can't assume points without knowing who's where.  As long as it's changed before the ladies SP you can still get full credit.

Also, for everyone - if you don't specify placement I assume you mean in the order that you listed them.

Lool I just realized I forgot abt P/C, too. They are not really my cup of tea so I'm gonna leave it like that lmfso.

3 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I did say the russians didn't I

Oh you meant individual placing 

Kosto, truso, shcherba

.I hope I read everything right

Yup.  I meant individual placements.

Also, I realized I worded BQ5 horribly in an attempt to give you guys new questions.  The Euros field is so big that skaters are inevitably going to compete against skaters they haven't competed against this season.  I'm thinking I'll eliminate that question from the scoring because I can see how people might misinterpret that question and I'm not trying to "get" people with trick questions, especially since not everyone speaks English as their first language.  If anyone has any suggestions on a different way to deal with it, let me know

This was a bit of a learning experience - I found that the questions needed to be adjusted when there's a bigger field.  There were a few wording problems with the questions so I dropped the 5th BQ and on the 3rd BQ, nobody got +5 GOE elements either before or after factoring so luckily it didn't affect the score.  I gave everyone the points since I did not give a tie option.  Remember I have the accuracy of an average technical panel so here are everyone's answers so you can check your score - don't hesitate to speak up if something is off. I've long accepted that I'm quite absent minded

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SCQsBd-R2AY3j6RqUT0-BK5AvfEvde6su0qYNwAb5FE/edit?usp=sharing

Answer Key            
Men's Podium 1. Dmitri Aliev 2. Artur Danielian 3. Morisi Kvitelashvili 4. Daniel Grassl    
Ladies Podium 1. Kostornaya 2. Scherbakova 3. Trusova 4. Paganini    
Pairs Podium 1. Boikova/Kozlovskii 2. Tarasova/Morozov 3. Pavliuchenko/Khodykin
4. Della Monica/Guarise

Dance Podium 1. Sinitsina/Katsalapov 2. Papadakis/Cizeron 3. Stepanova/Bukin 4. Guignard/Fabbri    

BQ1: Will any competitor attempt a combo or jump that they have never previously landed?

yes - Grassl - 4lo/3t            
Possibly more but I stopped as soon as I found one

BQ2: Will the men's or ladies' medalists have a higher FS TES

Men 269.09          
BQ3: Will there be more +5 final GOE elements after factoring by Papadakis/Cizeron or the rest of the field in all disciplines combined?

Tie - no +5 GOE elements

BQ4: Will there be a greater than 5 placement difference between final placement and any phase of competition in any of the disciplines?

Yes Daniel Grassl 4th overall 11th in SP      
  Michel Brezina 7th overall 1st in SP      
  Vladimir Litvintsev 9th overall 17th in SP      
  Adam Siao Him Fa 11th overall 24th in SP      
  Alexander Selevko 16th overall 9th in SP      
  Larry Loupolover 23rd overall 16th in SP      
  Viktoriia Safonova 14th overall 20th in SP      
  Lean Serna 16th overall 10th in SP      
  Anita Ostlund 18th overall 9th in SP      

EVENT RESULT

Men Ladies Pairs Dance BQ1 BQ2 BQ3 BQ4 Total Points
sallycinnamon 1 5 9 5 2 2 2 2 28
Louitunes 1 9 9 5 0 0 2 0 26
ralucutzagy 3 5 9 5 0 2 2 0 26
LadyLou 0 9 9 5 0 0 2 0 25
river 0 5 9 5 2 0 2 2 25
Old Cat Lady 0 5 9 4 2 0 2 2 24
Figure Frenzy 0 9 9 1 0 0 2 2 23
Sayu93 3 5 6 3 2 0 2 2 23
TeaFrida 0 5 9 2 2 0 2 2 22
airi 2 2 9 2 2 0 2 2 21

Congrats to our medalists!  I believe this was the most tightly contested event.

Sorry about the mishaps along the way.  If Yuzu keeps competing, this will be a practice run for the games coming up so hopefully I work out the kinks.

River still has quite the lead in the overall so I think I'm going to rig the bonus questions to give people a chance to catch up - just like the real ISU :devil3:

Of course, the likelihood is that she'll end up lapping us since I'll still try to make it actually fair.

@airi @Figure_Frenzy @LadyLou  @Louitunes @mercedes @ralucutzagy @river @sallycinnamon @Sayu93  @TeaFrida

@airi  @LadyLou @Legacy and Hope @Louitunes @mercedes @Paskud @ralucutzagy @river @sallycinnamon @Sayu93 @Sukigirl @TeaFrida @Figure_Frenzy

I have the form for 4CC ready as well.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScP6CfbKuM0zcFFDb9F_Ltf6EqP45za11I1tgQibMAdwPBI1A/viewform?usp=pp_url

Not all the entrants are in yet but here's a link

http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent03111955.htm

Let me know if you think any of the questions look like they might lead to any confusion.

I also made a slight change to the scoring format.  As usual, I omitted the men's podium from the predictions because of jinx factor and added extra bonus questions.  But in this one, for the 3 questions in which you can check multiple boxes, I'm going to score it so you get 1 point for each correct answer, but subtract one point for each one you get wrong, meaning questions 8-10 are worth anywhere from -20 to +20 points.

LMAO how did I end up with a respectable placement despite bombing the men and most bonus question too? :emoticonaci2019:

I guess most of us equally bombed men predictions :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg: and I should be thankful that some of you forgot P/C :smiley-devil: also, thanking pair and ladies, must be the first time I get ladies 100% correctly wow

thankful for the omission of 4CC men predictions, especially after what's happened at Euros the fear of jinxing would have been too much:14066882:

On 1/28/2020 at 1:35 AM, Old Cat Lady said:

River still has quite the lead in the overall so I think I'm going to rig the bonus questions to give people a chance to catch up - just like the real ISU :devil3:

Oh, you know the real ISU would never do that to me. I have a passport bonus, after all. :rolleyes: :sigh:

I don't think I've ever gotten zero points on a podium guess before - but then again, nobody did all that well for the men's segment. Who would have guessed, honestly?

Well that was a bit of a joy ride!!!!  BQs in the main total guesses and fully expecting not to do as well as last predictions (rather a surprise I must say).  

Wishing all competitors the very best of luck and looking forward to an exciting competition.      :balloons-smiley: