What are the toughest Grand Prix assignments?

For men, I’d say IDF is the toughest, just because, in spite of the world podium, I consider Shoma, Nathan, and Yuzu to still be the big 3 and it’s the only event where 2 of them are going head to head.

2nd most difficult, is probably Rostelecom because Shoma and Vincent are facing off.  Sorry, I love Kolyada but Vincent is the bigger threat to the big 3. I don’t put any stock into U.S. classic - Vincent did poorly there last year too.  It’s just a question of which tech panel we’re going to get for his events. Also, there’s a much bigger gap between Yuzu and Mikhail than there is between Shoma and Vincent.

However, I think Skate America has the deepest field.  Short of a melt down, the gold is pretty much a foregone conclusion but it should be a battle for the rest of the podium with Cha, Brown, Aliev, Jin, Brezina, and Messing all contending for the other medals.  This event is crazy difficult for the 2nd/3rd tier skaters.

All the women’s events are tough at the top.  Pretty amazing that Scherbakova, Tuktamysheva, and Tursynbaeva managed to draw each other for both of their grand prix events.  If I could only pick one, I’m thinking NHK - Zagitova, Kihira, Kostornaya, and Lim are all reasonable picks to podium and we also have Samodurova.  I think Zagitova and Kihira are probably #2 & #3 in scoring potential.