SparkleSalad

2020 Montreal Worlds Ticketing Complaints

Confirming I was told that if you have an event ticket for the day it includes practice access in the main rink. 

Only practice access not tied to a ticket for the day is Monday and Tuesday, which is also included for all event ticket holders. 

Thanks to all who have helped compile evidence of Skate Canada's deceptive practice. Has anyone successfully disputed the ticket charge with any credit card company? Regardless, if there is to be a class action law suit, I'm in.

Skate Canada really is the most shameless and unreliable event organizer I have ever seen.:mad:

This new piece of information is about SCI and not worlds. The SC website had just changed SCI morning practice admittance from afternoon event ticket, to morning event ticket. This makes their previous statement, otherwise seen as part of the advertisement for afternoon tickets, a complete lie.

(Note that afternoon tickets are almost completely sold out, while slightly more morning tickets remain)

Previous and current screen shots of their website, showing the changed piece of info, can be seen here.

I am honestly so done with Skate Canada, and will help in any action taken to hold these people accountable.

Ok, so I got a reply from Skate Canada last week, 3 business days after I wrote in to ask why practice tickets for Mon and Tues are sold separately when I was told previously we can only watch practices on the day of single ticket or all days for all event ticket. Anyway... i am too tired and busy with work to argue back. 

Spoiler

Each day ticket includes access to the daily competition and the practices of that particular day. Monday and Tuesday are practice only days and therefore treated a bit different for the day tickets. To attend any of the practices on March 18 through to March 21 a day ticket or all event pass is required.

I apologize for any confusion that this has caused.

Oh, so now they can be bothered clearly explaining after they took our money. They caused a lot more than just confusion with their poor customer service. 

:hachimaki: 

:tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid: Marvellous

Consumer protections in Quebec told me they won’t deal with my complaint and to contact consumer affairs in my own country or a lawyer. :dpooh: So for those outside Canada, that’s the advice...

Never again, Canada. Never again.

Please help if you can. :snonegai: If you don’t have Twitter to respond directly, just post it here and I’ll pass it on. 

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

Please help if you can. :snonegai: If you don’t have Twitter to respond directly, just post it here and I’ll pass it on. 

We did have some violin acts on the ice during Worlds 2018. I'll try to find some clips. 

21 minutes ago, katonice said:

We did have some violin acts on the ice during Worlds 2018. I'll try to find some clips. 

thanks!

How brilliant. I am just speechless.