SparkleSalad

2020 Montreal Worlds Ticketing Complaints

Thread to discuss the ticketing situation and gather evidence to file formal complaints.

CONTACT INFORMATION

Quebec office of consumer affairs

https://www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/en/

Consumers Council of Canada

Don’t act on behalf of individuals but may be able to offer advice.

https://www.consumerscouncil.com/

https://twitter.com/ConsumersCanada

Montreal 2020

http://www.montreal2020.com

[email protected]

Skate Canada

http://www.skatecanada.ca

[email protected]

Ph: 613 747 1007

Cancellation of the Gala and replacement with “Awards Show”

Evidence regarding the availability of tickets

Before the presale  

After the presale 

Before the single ticket sale

After the single ticket sale

Not sure what can be used or not but here is what I found in a  quick search on Twitter from the presale & single event sale. (Maybe worth contacting some of the users?)

For the P1/gold tickets:

Some testimonies about the presale fiasco (no selection & bad seats in the 1st hour), though I guess any of us can give our own version of that:

There are of course many other testimonies. We can add all of ours to the list.

By the way, for those who are good at ranting on Twitter, here is the latest Tweet from Skate Canada about the tickets.

I couldn't find where the information about access to practice sessions came from. I'll try to look again later. :snkuyashii:

Do you guys think it would be more efficient to send a group complaint with many signatures or several individual ones?

I'm under no illusion that we'll get anything back, but I don't want them to get away so easily with being so manipulative. :sigh:

@Veveco Thanks for all the work! I think it would be good if we all got to get her to work out how to word our complaints then submit them separately.

As for the practice ticket information, I believe a member of PH contacted them by email and then shared their response in the Worlds Ticket thread. Praying they kept a record of their correspondence. :snonegai:

ETA

Apologies in advance for slow responses. I’m not very well at the moment. I’ll make sure to organise all the tweet’s when I’ve got s bit more energy.

The more I think about this, the angrier I get. So people like me who were in the presale asking for the best seats possible got P2 seats where we didn’t get to choose a section. I assumed they’d just sold out all P1 seats at that point... only to have more P1 seats go on sale later that day. Now there are P1 single-events for sale after they specifically told us that wouldn’t be the case. Honestly, I can totally afford to pay even more for better seats now, but I’m refusing on principle. I now feel like I was lied to at every point in this process. Skate Canada gets no more of my money for this event.

Sorry i don't have any evidence to proof that Skate canada cheat us. But it really sick to read through all the evidence that skate Canada answered people questions about better seat on the first time presale in May and compare to the "equal opportunity" they kindly provide to public now. my friend and I put our money on the two sets of all event tickets each on P2 in the first hour of presale, and I believe there are many of fans did the same thing. Who can give us a fair opportunity to get what we pay for. i wish i don't need to buy any ticket from them ...liar

9 hours ago, Veveco said:

Do you guys think it would be more efficient to send a group complaint with many signatures or several individual ones?

I'm under no illusion that we'll get anything back, but I don't want them to get away so easily with being so manipulative. :sigh:

Not sure

4 hours ago, river said:

The more I think about this, the angrier I get. So people like me who were in the presale asking for the best seats possible got P2 seats where we didn’t get to choose a section. I assumed they’d just sold out all P1 seats at that point... only to have more P1 seats go on sale later that day. Now there are P1 single-events for sale after they specifically told us that wouldn’t be the case. Honestly, I can totally afford to pay even more for better seats now, but I’m refusing on principle. I now feel like I was lied to at every point in this process. Skate Canada gets no more of my money for this event.

5 hours ago, Veveco said:

At this point, they are just trolling us. "Equal opportunity" is the furthest from what happened.

And if they'd just said that from the very start, and been transparent about it, all would have been Just. Fine. 

But they didn't. 

I'm still more inclined to blame Evenko, the ticket seller, than Skate Canada, though.