Crowd sourced Technical Camera project

hearing some consternation about Zhenya's jump at Shanghai Trophy being called 3Lz!< instead of 3Lze. anyone have or seen good footage? guess the point difference isn't that much, but apparently the TP is seeing non-existent URs again but failing to see a blatant inside edge.

The only video I saw was the Youtube video posted in the event thread, but I honestly think she's just getting better at holding the outside edge longer. The angle of the blade at the end of take-off is definitely inward due to the rocking motion at take-off, but because it happens so quickly, you can't be 100% sure if it went completely toward the inside at picking or if the momentum caused it to turn that way after. Depending on what their video looks like, I think this call is understandable. Of course, there was no slo-mo replay of the lutz :dry:

• 1 month later...

I am so late to this thread...Great idea! I filmed some 120fps Yuzu's jumps during Skate Canada on my own, and feels happy that they don't get to be used this time to fight the judges. 

I will keep recording in the future and also record some other skaters, in case they don't get rightfully called. 

Happy to finally have found this thread!

5 hours ago, Briq_S said:

I am so late to this thread...Great idea! I filmed some 120fps Yuzu's jumps during Skate Canada on my own, and feels happy that they don't get to be used this time to fight the judges. 

I will keep recording in the future and also record some other skaters, in case they don't get rightfully called. 

Happy to finally have found this thread!

awesome! thanks in advance for your future contributions. 

• 1 month later...

@shanshani  I don't know, if you know this study, but I found it in our University library and thought, it could be interesting for the camera project:

Learning to Score Figure Skating Sport Videos (from 28th July 2018)

by Chengming Xu et al.

My academic English is really not the best, I only understand fragments of this paper, but it might be something for you  :agree: